Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 07:11:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Legal and moral question... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Legal and moral question...  (Read 8537 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #35 on: July 13, 2007, 08:54:08 AM

Sue for undue mental duress!
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #36 on: July 13, 2007, 09:00:59 AM

I'm not sure how that will work since the bank is basically depositing to one of it's own accounts.

You signed up for and received a bank account your very first day of work. I don't think there were even any direct deposit forms since it's a requirement and the only way you get paid is into their own checking account. As far as I know there's no option to have them direct your paychecks elsewhere.

I'm guessing if I told them to block transactions from themselves they'd just totally mess up my account.

I guess you could change banks and just close out the account.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
schild
Administrator

Reply #37 on: July 13, 2007, 09:11:15 AM

Tell them if they keep sending you money, you're going to return the money in the form of lunchtime Hookers to your ex-bosses. It will be called Munchtime.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: July 13, 2007, 10:26:46 AM

You're a towel.
:-D If I did sig lines of other people's quotes, this would so be one. Soda out of nose, co-workers looking at me odd, the whole nine.

Quote from: Sky
Sue for undue mental duress!
Another out-loud. I'm just picturing UD taking them to court for paying him too much. It'd be one of those cases to be first on some hard-rock morning show, then in Wired, then in the Wall Street Journal. Then there'd be thousands of people with similar history and the media would have all sorts of "fun" poking holes at the "security" of our banking industry.

Err, scratch that. Armageddon. Nevermind.

;)
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #39 on: July 13, 2007, 10:45:46 AM

You're a towel.
:-D If I did sig lines of other people's quotes, this would so be one. Soda out of nose, co-workers looking at me odd, the whole nine.

I'm actually perplexed as to WTF it means, but that's just me.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #40 on: July 13, 2007, 10:57:12 AM

Close the account and move to a different bank.  Send them a check or hold in a separate account whatever they overpaid you, just in case.   If they don't care enough about their own money that they're going to lose it on a regular basis, I don't want to imagine what might happen to mine.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: July 13, 2007, 11:27:53 AM

If they don't care enough about their own money that they're going to lose it on a regular basis, I don't want to imagine what might happen to mine.

Sadly, the pittance that I made probably won't be noticed. When you're spending upwards of $385/hour on contractors, paying 30% of your staffs' hotel and airfare costs every week because you can't find people who want to live in cleveland permanently, and generally blowing millions per year I doubt they notice a couple thousand dollars of an overpayment.

I guess thats what happens when you reach that 100billion+ size.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: July 13, 2007, 06:53:18 PM

You're a towel.

I laughed because I interpreted it as a purposely-absurd mistyping of "troll". But there could be a dark side too. Before the Empire.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #43 on: July 13, 2007, 09:00:05 PM

If they don't care enough about their own money that they're going to lose it on a regular basis, I don't want to imagine what might happen to mine.

Sadly, the pittance that I made probably won't be noticed.

If you already agree they don't give a fuck about the pittance you made.. why would they give a fuck about the pittance you're able to keep in the bank.  See.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: July 13, 2007, 09:31:51 PM

Which is fine.  Because then it's their fault and your conscience is clear.

WTF is clear conscience in this care? You feel bad about getting money? Well you can send your paychecks to me. You feel about getting money you didn't earn? Well, as I said, you can send all your paychecks to me.

It should be question of how likely are you to get away with it. If you still feel bad about it afterwards use some of that money to purchase bottle of hard liqueur of your choice.

Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.
penfold
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: July 14, 2007, 04:01:54 AM

Reminds me of the story of the investment bank in London where a secretary was getting the wages of one of the revenue generators who had the same name. It went on for years. He never noticed because front office guys wages are basically pennies for them, all their real money comes from the bonus and their own investments, and he never even realised. When you earn millions one of your accounts having your 80k wages paid in fades into the background. Eventually he left the bank, and audit noticed the mistake. It went to court if i recall correctly, with the secretary being found liable for dishonestly recieving funds or something.

I'm half into the front office now and could easily imagine it. Despite my working life being spent in the city I still pause in amazement when I hear a big deal being done (1 billion+).  Some guy on the desk next to me made 17 million last week.

pants
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: July 14, 2007, 03:14:08 PM

You're a towel.

Its from South Park
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: July 16, 2007, 12:24:06 PM

WTF is clear conscience in this care? You feel bad about getting money? Well you can send your paychecks to me. You feel about getting money you didn't earn? Well, as I said, you can send all your paychecks to me.

It should be question of how likely are you to get away with it. If you still feel bad about it afterwards use some of that money to purchase bottle of hard liqueur of your choice.

Yes, but as has been hashed out and hashed out in previous threads, you're a total cunt.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: July 16, 2007, 12:39:44 PM

No - it's likely he's just a child.

WayAbvPar

Reply #49 on: July 16, 2007, 03:01:50 PM

Yes, but as has been hashed out and hashed out in previous threads, you're a total cunt.

Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Legal and moral question...  
Jump to: