Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:13:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: City of Heroes movie rights sold to Transformers producer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: City of Heroes movie rights sold to Transformers producer  (Read 5863 times)
d4rkj3di
Terracotta Army

on: June 07, 2007, 12:26:01 PM

From Variety:

"After tackling giant robots, "Transformers" producer Tom DeSanto is turning his attention to superheroes, securing the rights to NCsoft and Cryptic Studio's vidgame "City of Heroes."

Plan is to adapt the massively multiplayer online role-playing game into a live-action feature and then transition it to television in some form."

Videogame movies suck!
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 12:28:13 PM

From Variety:

"After tackling giant robots, "Transformers" producer Tom DeSanto is turning his attention to superheroes, securing the rights to NCsoft and Cryptic Studio's vidgame "City of Heroes."

Plan is to adapt the massively multiplayer online role-playing game into a live-action feature and then transition it to television in some form."

Videogame movies suck!

10 bucks says Uwe Boll is on the top of the Director list.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 01:19:00 PM

Will the TV season feature fifteen-minute episodes at first, and by about episode 35 clock in at an hour? 

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 02:00:56 PM

COH probably lends itself more to this than most games.

I always rather suspected that some of the CoH team rather wished they were making films or comics.

Certainly CoH has at least thirty metric butt-tonnes of lore (most of which is utterly superfluous to the game).

Of course, yes, I'm sure it will suck anyway.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 03:49:57 PM

It could be done well.

It won't be.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 03:34:42 PM

Will the TV season feature fifteen-minute episodes at first, and by about episode 35 clock in at an hour? 

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 09:52:33 PM

In an interview on G4 (or whatever - I'm an ignorant foreigner) Desanto commented that he sees a CoH movie trilogy.

Which makes sense, because that's how modern franchise blockbusters are being made. One film isn't enough.

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 07:22:02 AM

In an interview on G4 (or whatever - I'm an ignorant foreigner) Desanto commented that he sees a CoH movie trilogy.

Which makes sense, because that's how modern franchise blockbusters are being made. One film isn't enough.
If it doesn't contain "The Flaming Hulk" (sadly renamed 'Generic_Superhero_3934343" or whatever they do), "Jesus Christ", and "Deus Ex Machina" I'm not going to play. Any CoH movie should be based on characters I found amusing. :)

Although I suspect there will be many women with unbelievably odd proportions wearing very little. And a lot of Goth Schoolgirl defenders.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 08:27:39 AM

I hope they go the route of the Tick.  Jersey Girl would make a perfect cameo roll.  It's probably too silly for what they want though.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 08:53:11 AM

my favorite character, Pyramid Scheme. His costume was perfect, too.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 07:20:59 AM

Bring back Captain A-Hole, bitches.

Man I loved that character, his costume was PERFECT. A lot of people took screenshots of me before I got deleted. Half the people thought it was funny and a great costume, half the people blew a gasket because his name was evocative of a curse-word and he wore a Marvel costume. It was an entertaining albeit short existence.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: City of Heroes movie rights sold to Transformers producer  
Jump to: