Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:24:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Pending changes with Rev 2.0 - a brief summary 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pending changes with Rev 2.0 - a brief summary  (Read 16276 times)
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #35 on: June 13, 2007, 05:17:10 PM

Sooo... after all the talk we are back to POS spam? Nice.

But now there's more timers! :)
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: June 14, 2007, 05:22:42 AM

It's a huge boosts for defenders which means that smaller entities can effectively claim space without going napland or begging for BoB/RA approval.
Though biggest fuckup is that everything is still counted on dt and that only last dt matters.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: June 14, 2007, 07:04:25 AM

It'll be interesting to see if any corps/alliances take advantage of this to try and proclaim their independance from BoB or RA - there's never going to be a better time for it.

An alliance like FIX could definitely make a go of it, for example - they've got the space already, the pilots, and the ISK...especially if BoB is busy elsewhere and MC is occupied fortifying their new northern holdings.

Shame that FIX wouldn't even think to try, though.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: June 14, 2007, 09:10:28 AM

From Jita Local, via SHC:
[ 2007.06.14 15:17:52 ] CCP Oveur > Syril: I'll get you something better, I'll get you Revelations II next week
[ 2007.06.14 15:20:21 ] CCP Oveur > You should see a news announcement later tonight about Rev II

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #39 on: June 14, 2007, 02:52:20 PM

From my mailbox, circa 2 minutes ago:

EVE Online: Revelations II to be Deployed June 19

CCP announces release date and features for its latest free expansion

REYKJAVIK, ICELAND – June 14, 2007 - CCP, the world's largest independent game developer, today announced that their upcoming free expansion, EVE Onlineฎ: Revelations II, will be released on the massive Tranquility super-computer cluster on Tuesday, June 19th.

Revelations II is the seventh free expansion for EVE Online and includes important improvements and additions.  New players will appreciate a completely revamped New Player Experience where rookie pilots begin their adventures in EVE within a protected area to learn the essentials of gameplay within a protected environment at their own pace.  For the more seasoned pilots and alliances, the broader Sovereignty scope, improved Corporation and Alliance management and introduction of Heat will be most important.

The most notable features of Revelations II include:

* Heat – Adding a new dimension to space combat in EVE.  The ability to boost performance of ship modules can mean the difference between life and death, but not entirely without risk.
    * Broader Sovereignty Scope - Sovereignty concept broadened with intermediate goals and four different tiers: Territory, Protectorate, Province and Constellation Capital.
    * Revamped New Player Experience – Optimization and streamlining of the tutorial vastly improves how new players are introduced to EVE Online, making it more fun and easier to start their alter ego existence in space.
    * Need for Speed – Significant CPU and dogma optimizations that set the groundwork for full Vista support slated to be introduced in a future expansion.
    * Structure Warfare Enhancements – A number of new features expand the opportunity for strategic operations.
    * Improved Corporation and Alliance Management – The addition of vital tools and roles necessary to command and conquer.
    * Agent Mission Improvements – The introduction of Level 5 Agents add the most challenging Player-versus-Environment encounters yet.
    * Expanding the Frontiers of Exploration - Rare NPC spawns and other opportunities abound for greater solo exploration as well as increasing the chances of discovering in-space encounters and hidden deadspace pockets.
    * Anti-Fleet Warfare – Discover new tactics for dispersing large concentrations of ships.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: June 14, 2007, 03:24:02 PM

Sooner than I expected. :)

- Viin
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: June 14, 2007, 03:46:14 PM

« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 03:51:42 PM by Trippy »

Vinadil
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: June 14, 2007, 04:36:35 PM

Man... they do not mess around.  I am sure the forums over at CCP are already lit up with the many, many things that are wrong here, but for a non 0.0 flyer this looks like a decent patch.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: June 14, 2007, 07:43:28 PM

It's not bad, from what I can see - except that all of the "expansion" content is for the big 0.0 alliances - nothing really for the little gangs (which, IMHO, is what this game should be about: a large number of smaller gangs carving out their own niche, not everyone dog piling into single huge alliances).

That is a ton of stuff. I skimmed it, so I might have missed it but it doesn't look like they are allowing player owned POSs with research stations to be rented via the research windows. Damn it.

- Viin
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #44 on: June 14, 2007, 10:16:56 PM

Same as it ever was; if yer in an uberguild, its an expansion, if you're not, its a patch.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: June 15, 2007, 02:09:39 AM

New loyalty point rewards from mission running are crazy - faction modules (& ammo) for loyalty points + dogtags + T1 module.

If the prices don't self-adjust, everyone is going to be flying faction-fitted ships within a month.Great for mission runners (like me!), not-so-great for ratters & so on.

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: June 15, 2007, 07:19:06 AM

New loyalty point rewards from mission running are crazy - faction modules (& ammo) for loyalty points + dogtags + T1 module.

If the prices don't self-adjust, everyone is going to be flying faction-fitted ships within a month.Great for mission runners (like me!), not-so-great for ratters & so on.
Wee. Maybe my fucking agent will stop offering me crap then. "Hey, for 4000 loyalty points and 300k in goods, I'll give you exactly 2 million ISK in implants!". No thank you.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: June 15, 2007, 07:31:53 AM

They're changing from offers to a 'shop' anyway - you get to see all rewards, and you save up LPs to buy the ones you want.

Also, points will now be stored (& pooled) at Agent-corp level, rather than agent-specific (so all loyalty points for the Imperial Amarr Navy from multiple missions will be shared, or all Guardian Angel missions, or whatever).

NB: This is your non-0.0 content. :)

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: June 15, 2007, 07:36:07 AM

What I found in the patch notes ...

Stop skimming and keep reading!

I lol'ed :-D

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: June 15, 2007, 08:17:03 AM

They're changing from offers to a 'shop' anyway - you get to see all rewards, and you save up LPs to buy the ones you want.

Also, points will now be stored (& pooled) at Agent-corp level, rather than agent-specific (so all loyalty points for the Imperial Amarr Navy from multiple missions will be shared, or all Guardian Angel missions, or whatever).

NB: This is your non-0.0 content. :)
Now that's some sweet, sweet, goodness.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: June 15, 2007, 08:44:59 AM

How is it "sweet goodness"?  The same 4000 LP's still buys you the same crappy 2 mil implants.  The only advantage now is that you can transfer your LP's as you go up agent levels, as you build up your faction, whereas before you lost the 3000 LP from the L1 agent and the 10,000 LP from the L2 agent.  Incidentally, 13,000 LP doesn't do much, the good stuff requires hundreds of K of LP or even millions.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: June 15, 2007, 08:52:40 AM

How is it "sweet goodness"?  The same 4000 LP's still buys you the same crappy 2 mil implants.  The only advantage now is that you can transfer your LP's as you go up agent levels, as you build up your faction, whereas before you lost the 3000 LP from the L1 agent and the 10,000 LP from the L2 agent.  Incidentally, 13,000 LP doesn't do much, the good stuff requires hundreds of K of LP or even millions.

No, it is sweet goodness: I have several tens- and hundreds-of-thousands batches of LPs for Caldari navy dotted about.  If I only make 40 mill off the implants I'll be offered, it's 40 mill more than I have now.  It'll pay for some inty hulls.

Edit: In fact, it'll get me quite a few raptor hulls, if they don't change the LP cost too much.  And raptors may not be great, but 3 points and a web is three points and a web.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 08:54:49 AM by Endie »

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: June 15, 2007, 09:07:05 AM

They're adding new stuff to the agent shop as well - faction ammo, and faction modules.

It's not just "Implants, ships, or nothing" anymore.

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: June 15, 2007, 11:53:33 AM

Because, if nothing else, I can stop dealing with offers I'm never going to accept. There are some implants I need that I've never been offered, ships, gear, etc.

Frankly, I want my LPs to buy shit I want -- it's annoying to play "No, no, no, no" until they finally get around to randomly offering me the one thing I wanted, had the LP for, and didn't want to buy on the market.
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: June 15, 2007, 04:59:42 PM

It's not bad, from what I can see - except that all of the "expansion" content is for the big 0.0 alliances - nothing really for the little gangs (which, IMHO, is what this game should be about: a large number of smaller gangs carving out their own niche, not everyone dog piling into single huge alliances).

That is a ton of stuff. I skimmed it, so I might have missed it but it doesn't look like they are allowing player owned POSs with research stations to be rented via the research windows. Damn it.
Same as it ever was; if yer in an uberguild, its an expansion, if you're not, its a patch.

WTF are you guys smoking?!
This is the most solo/small guild oriented expansion in a whole history of EVE and quite probably mmo in general!
I fail to notice single good change aimed at large entities like BOB, RA or goons. In fact, they're going to be royally screwed. Especially RA (have fun clearing 500 those encounter/escalation sites before you find that 10/10 suckers! :P).

1) PvE additions are solo (LP shop, pure awesomness, pure solo!) and small gang (5 people max for lv5 missions) only.
2) Exploration is was and  stays solo stuff. And it got expanded greatly.
3) POS changes are geared exclusively for small entities - they favor defenders greatly and allow them to dig up into defensive war for months. It means smaller entities no longer need RA/BOB protection and approval to build up - they can tell big guys to fuck it and watch them spend months just to get that one constellation down.
4) Titans are nerfed to hell and back. I wonder how many titan pilots will have the balls to log on after the patch :D Now every mini-alliance with 5 dreads can kill one.
5) Destroyable station services and POS guns scream roaming gang right and left. OFC, you can blob up in 400 ball of death, but when you'll be busy camping that single gfate, enemy will down every service (CLONE VATS:D)
6) Heat, aka mega nerf for faction users. Why bother with faction, if t1 shit can out preform it for long enough to kill your target?
7) Bombs, aka. goon's wet dream.
8) Logistics - cut on PvE gang sizes and allow for mega-tanked roaming turtle gangs.

Uhm, log on sisi and check those agent offers before you complain;-) Unless you're perdicting +3 implants will drop to 2 mil a piece:D

Ratters get their encounters with 10% commander spawn rates.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: June 15, 2007, 05:40:45 PM

3) POS changes are geared exclusively for small entities - they favor defenders greatly and allow them to dig up into defensive war for months. It means smaller entities no longer need RA/BOB protection and approval to build up - they can tell big guys to fuck it and watch them spend months just to get that one constellation down.

I haven't fully read all the PoS and Sov changes, but which part of it will allow a small alliance to actually build up and last long enough for a mega alliance to need that multi-month siege?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: June 15, 2007, 07:30:39 PM

Don't get me wrong, I think the mission changes especially are great. But all the pvp (0.0 sov and POS stuff) is geared towards bigger guys. You are right, defending will be easier, which means that the little guy has a shot until they are overrun by BoB and RA and then they have no chance in hell of ever getting anything back.

So it's good for now, but once BoB and RA start taking over, there's no way anyone else but another big Alliance is going to take it away from them.

- Viin
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: June 15, 2007, 07:43:48 PM

Allright, I see your points.  I haven't been playing the game for 6 months, so old data, and I've forgotten details too.

No, I'm not gonna reactivate, despite the excitement here.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: June 16, 2007, 08:42:53 PM

Wuss!

I've had a subscription for the last 6 months but really haven't done anything but train skills. Hey, Caldari BS 5 and Indy 5 is cool! (Though I don't have isk to buy a freighter or a capital ship!).

- Viin
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Pending changes with Rev 2.0 - a brief summary  
Jump to: