Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:22:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Observations of a True LOTRO Newbie 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Observations of a True LOTRO Newbie  (Read 24908 times)
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: June 22, 2007, 08:15:46 PM

A couple of things that really bug me about LoTR, not necessarily graphics but graphic related. One, why is almost every npc standing around outside their houses? Is there some flaw in the engine that they can't do building interiors without instancing them? Second, I don't remember anything in the lore about the humans and elves camping in ruins all the time. I thought Celendim was supposed to be a capitol city for the elves. Why are all the people there living in tents pitched in some old ruin?

I like this.  It always felt both bizarre and alien that you had to run around, kicking in peoples doors and barging into their homes.  LOTRO takes the action outside to the yard or front stoops.

The problem with the North, lore wise, is it's supposed to be fairly barren and uninhabited.  With the present zones available,  most of the inhabited areas aren't available yet (Lindon, Iron Hills, Lonely Mountain area, Blue Mountains, etc).  To be faithful to the lore,  but establish the vendor presence,  they made most of the settlements into camps and what not.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: June 24, 2007, 08:55:28 PM

There isn't supposed to be any outpost of Men between Lonely Inn and Rivendell, but you have to have
quest hubs so you have places like Ost Guruth where Rangers secretly hide.  I thought it was a very clever
way by Turbine to compromise.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Observations of a True LOTRO Newbie  
Jump to: