Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:00:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: More potential "film of game" disasters 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: More potential "film of game" disasters  (Read 17902 times)
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #70 on: May 30, 2007, 07:38:50 PM

Here's a video game movie that might not be a disaster:

Woo logs on to "Ninja Gold" movie, video game
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: June 02, 2007, 01:39:07 AM

Watched Silent Hill for the first time last night.  Enjoyed it.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: June 02, 2007, 03:42:00 AM

[A friend linked me this on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCN5TChO8s4

And just from that one scene, it is currently the movie I have laughed the most at for being so bad.

You tell me thats from a movie that takes itself serious? An actual movie? No spoof or parody?

Fucking liar!
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: June 02, 2007, 08:35:42 AM

You tell me thats from a movie that takes itself serious? An actual movie? No spoof or parody?

I think it is, but I forgot the title. Maybethe name is hidden in some of he comments.

edit: Found it
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 08:38:32 AM by Der Helm »

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #74 on: June 02, 2007, 10:04:29 AM

Yeah, it really was serious.  Which actually makes it even more hilarious than if it had just been a plain old spoof or something.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 11:38:42 AM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: June 03, 2007, 02:25:11 AM

According to the link thats not any fighting scene, thats the fighting scene from the climax of the movie. Priceless!  :-D
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: June 05, 2007, 09:16:11 AM

Christophe Gans to direct an adaptation of Onimusha.

Don't know the game so can't comment.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #77 on: June 27, 2007, 10:23:56 AM

Hitman trailer.  Found it less than encouraging...
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: June 29, 2007, 03:52:54 PM

Saw on CNBC the other day that THQ is starting their own movie studio so they can have creative control and monetary control of all aspects of projects.

I forsee lots o' flop movies in their future.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
schild
Administrator

Reply #79 on: June 29, 2007, 04:22:14 PM

Christophe Gans to direct an adaptation of Onimusha.

Don't know the game so can't comment.

It'll be fine. It'll look as gorgeous as Brotherhood of the Wolf. And really, of all the candidates out there to do video game adaptations, considering Silent Hill, Gans is at the top of my list.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #80 on: June 29, 2007, 04:34:20 PM

Onimusha always looked pretty cool.  There weren't any copies of it or it's sequels around when I bought the ps2, though, and I'd forgotten about it until I saw the name again.  Hrm.. hit up amazon, or finish ff12.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Hayduke
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: June 29, 2007, 07:43:59 PM

I had no idea they made a movie based on Silent Hill.  Was it a direct to video thing like Bloodrayne?  Or a one weekend showing only like Weekend at Bernies 2?  Makes me wonder though why they keep trying these videogame movies.  I know Hollywood creams their panties over the 18-30 year-old penis demographic, but it just never seems to pan out with videogame movies.  Perhaps if they got Frank Miller instead of Uwe Boll to direct, since 300 practically was a videogame.
schild
Administrator

Reply #82 on: June 29, 2007, 08:12:19 PM

Uh. No. The Silent Hill movie made a good deal of money and spent a good time in theaters.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: July 02, 2007, 07:26:54 AM

It didn't suck and it had Boromir in it.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #84 on: July 02, 2007, 12:15:44 PM

Perhaps if they got Frank Miller instead of Uwe Boll to direct, since 300 practically was a videogame.

Frank Miller didn't direct 300, Zack Synder of Day of the Dead remake fame did.

DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: August 15, 2007, 02:18:38 AM

NECRO!

Wired piss off Uwe Boll by asserting that his adapation of the game "Postal" was not that good.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: August 15, 2007, 05:03:37 AM

William Wanstrom: "This is a trap"!

Anyway, this read is pretty hilarious. It is more toward Serious Business than General Discussion though :)

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: August 15, 2007, 05:29:51 AM

Anyway, this read is pretty hilarious. It is more toward Serious Business than General Discussion though :)

Perhaps, but it doesn't deviate from the subject of this thread! :)

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #88 on: August 16, 2007, 09:39:04 AM

I really wish Boll had picked me to get my ass beat in his movie, if only for the chance to sucker punch him one time before getting the ever-living shit kicked out of me by Goebbels' retarded step-grandchild.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: August 22, 2007, 08:21:53 AM

Ok, having watched the Hitman trailer there, two points :

1 - They did this already.  It's called any of the 3 games. 

2 - They'll never make MY movie of Hitman.  Because any time I played the game, the first thing I did was find the nearest scantily clad prostitute and fiber wired her.  Then I shot her.  Then I dragged her around a bit and then shot her in the privates until the real time physics made her leapfrog onto her front.   Then I shot her in the ass.  Indeed, the level in the first Hitman where you had to go to the Titty bar on the docks to get information, lurring the dancer out into the alley.  That was my favourite.  I lost track of how many times I killed that bitch.

I forget my point.

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #90 on: August 22, 2007, 08:55:01 AM

Hitman 1 was just "Hotel Serial Killer Simulator" for me.  I'd get to the hotel mission, the one where you can only bring in fiber wire because there's a metal detector at the front door.  Only I wouldn't even bring in fiber wire.  I'd come in with nothing, steal a knife from the kitchen, and then see how many random throats I could cut before anyone noticed anything was wrong.

I'd kill the chef and stuff him in the freezer, then just run around the hotel sneaking up behind people, slicing their necks, and shoving them in broom closets.  I'd go into people's rooms and kill them, then drag their bodies into the bathroom since the wandering hotel employees never went in there.  Sometimes I'd put on their clothes for no good reason.

Didn't alarmed civilians have to find a security guard to squeal to before the alert could be sent out?  I remember some woman in a fancy dress coming around a corner just as I was dragging a dead guy into one of the rooms.  I ran up behind her as she fled and cut her throat too, then I had to hurry up and drag both bodies inside the room before anyone else came along.

I think I killed like two or three dozen people one time before anyone found me out.  That game was fun.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: August 22, 2007, 09:10:36 AM

Yup.  Some of the Many reasons I loved the Hitman Series.

Strangely, I still find the first one the 'better' game.  I think because you couldn't just go Nanners and kill everyone to accomplish the mission.

Well, except the Keyser Soze boat mission.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #92 on: August 26, 2007, 08:12:47 PM

I never got past the mission early on in the first hitman game where you had to sneak in the back of this little coffee shop and kill some guy talking with someone at a table. It was too cool to just walk in the front door or come in the rear guns blazing and tear the room up.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: August 26, 2007, 09:15:28 PM

I forget my point.

People like realtime-physics killing. I know I do. Even back when I was really young I would have fun shooting Russians in the ass and the nutsack in Goldeneye.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: More potential "film of game" disasters  
Jump to: