Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 12:36:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Sniper Elite = $2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sniper Elite = $2  (Read 3254 times)
Azazel
Contributor

on: March 16, 2010, 01:02:00 AM

The money is, obviously, trivial. Is it worth the download?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 10:29:42 AM

No.  Avoid.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 10:35:25 AM

It has inspired movies like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6p4mM489B4

You judge.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 11:45:20 AM

That video makes the game look much better than it is.
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 10:34:57 PM

In a way that's pretty cool.  Never seen a game in which sniper rifles were used at the kind of range actual snipers can shoot at.  Course, I can't imagine such a game being all that much fun, either, so I completely understand the recommendation to avoid.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 12:21:03 AM

When I played the game I don't think I ever got to actually snipe anything.  The game consisted of carefully creeping around a poorly rendered city to get to a waypoint while tutorial popups warned me to watch out for enemy snipers that, as far as I could tell, did not exist.  I spent about two hours carefully peeking around corners and scanning windows and generally proceeding at a snail's pace to my objective two blocks away.  Once I got to the waypoint, a bunch of enemies spawned from nowhere at close range and I had to run and gun my way to the next waypoint.  At this point I uninstalled the game.
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 02:17:29 AM

In a way that's pretty cool.  Never seen a game in which sniper rifles were used at the kind of range actual snipers can shoot at.  Course, I can't imagine such a game being all that much fun, either, so I completely understand the recommendation to avoid.

The game is not realistic.  It's a fantasy of the fucking mentally challenged L337 sniper sort.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Sniper Elite = $2  
Jump to: