Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:55:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Sniper Elite = $2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sniper Elite = $2  (Read 3200 times)
Azazel
Contributor

on: March 16, 2010, 01:02:00 AM

The money is, obviously, trivial. Is it worth the download?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 10:29:42 AM

No.  Avoid.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 10:35:25 AM

It has inspired movies like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6p4mM489B4

You judge.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 11:45:20 AM

That video makes the game look much better than it is.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 10:34:57 PM

In a way that's pretty cool.  Never seen a game in which sniper rifles were used at the kind of range actual snipers can shoot at.  Course, I can't imagine such a game being all that much fun, either, so I completely understand the recommendation to avoid.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 12:21:03 AM

When I played the game I don't think I ever got to actually snipe anything.  The game consisted of carefully creeping around a poorly rendered city to get to a waypoint while tutorial popups warned me to watch out for enemy snipers that, as far as I could tell, did not exist.  I spent about two hours carefully peeking around corners and scanning windows and generally proceeding at a snail's pace to my objective two blocks away.  Once I got to the waypoint, a bunch of enemies spawned from nowhere at close range and I had to run and gun my way to the next waypoint.  At this point I uninstalled the game.

Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 02:17:29 AM

In a way that's pretty cool.  Never seen a game in which sniper rifles were used at the kind of range actual snipers can shoot at.  Course, I can't imagine such a game being all that much fun, either, so I completely understand the recommendation to avoid.

The game is not realistic.  It's a fantasy of the fucking mentally challenged L337 sniper sort.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Sniper Elite = $2  
Jump to: