Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:48:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 17 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2255158 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2590 on: March 17, 2010, 09:40:37 AM

My choices are: Front Mission 4, Final Fantasy XII or Persona 3: FES.

I have not played Front Mission Anything.  Personally I think you'll find the least jarring transition by going with FFXII and then P3:FES, since FFXII will be closer to what you are expecting.  P3 is a Shin Megami Tensei title at its core and you might not care for the combat; if you don't like the combat then SMT isn't for you.  I am also going to say Rasix is right in his analysis.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #2591 on: March 17, 2010, 04:32:56 PM

Man, Tatsunoko vs Capcom is the best party game on the Wii. You can pretty much just button mash while crazy shit flies around and explodes for no reason. If you have a roomful of drunks passing the controllers around between versus matches, making up weird names for characters they've never heard of, it's way the hell more fun than some stupid carnival games or what the fuck ever else is on Wii.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2592 on: March 17, 2010, 04:48:19 PM

Rate versus Boom Blox, please.  That game plus friends and scotch is a riot.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #2593 on: March 17, 2010, 04:53:57 PM

TvC is better by far.  It's seriously the only Wii game of note for all of 2010.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2594 on: March 18, 2010, 09:01:30 AM

I chose Persona 3: FES. Played it about an hour last night and I think I'm going to like it very much thank you. Art style is different than I expected for the game bits, but I dig it. I figured that if any game was going to either light my fire or turn me off completely thanks to its Japanese-ness, it would be PE3. So far, not only am I not turned off, I'm quite intrigued. As a whole, the package is tight, great art direction and I dig the music.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2595 on: March 18, 2010, 09:34:57 AM

I wonder if you'd like 4. They're very similar, but 3 is a bit darker and edgier.. 4 is anime scooby doo, but I prefer it myself.. Both for the story and being more refined.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #2596 on: March 18, 2010, 09:36:50 AM

As long as there aren't too many characters like Raiden (MGS2) or Allen (Xenosaga) - you know, whiney pusswads who can't STFU, I'm sure I'd be fine with anime Scooby-Doo. Oh and no Freddie Prinze, Jr.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2597 on: March 18, 2010, 03:07:13 PM

I finished MGS4, it was pure win all the way through. I'll miss you Snake! I've no idea what to play next. I kinda feel like Borderlands, but it seems to be lost in the mail. I'll probably end up half-heartedly trying to advance in DoW2's single player campaign, which is what I've done all week. 
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #2598 on: March 18, 2010, 04:10:41 PM

You might end up having a problem with P3 then, after you get Fuuka.  You can't shut her whining off.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2599 on: March 18, 2010, 04:22:24 PM

As long as there aren't too many characters like Raiden (MGS2) or Allen (Xenosaga) - you know, whiney pusswads who can't STFU, I'm sure I'd be fine with anime Scooby-Doo. Oh and no Freddie Prinze, Jr.

No whiny characters in Persona 4. They're all just curious highschool kids... well, except Teddy. But he's a helpless bear like thing so maybe he gets a pass.

As an aside, even Raiden himself isn't like that except for one game. Kojima himself went on parodying him in 3. And then in 4, Raiden is seriously badass. I hope it never stops you from playing either one.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2600 on: March 18, 2010, 04:56:46 PM

Why American gamers mostly suck: Because I don't have a goddamn Princess Maker mingame in my Yakuza 3.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I think the American tendency, especially in teens, to cry "gay"/girly/kiddy at anything that isn't a grizzly marine (in space or not) is why this kind of thing happens. I'll prevent myself in ranting though.

[edit] Hmm, or maybe it's fear of religious uproar here. In which case, that sucks too.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 04:59:26 PM by stray »
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2601 on: March 19, 2010, 06:32:28 AM

Instead of other things, I played Mass Effect 2 last night.  Working on the yeoman.

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #2602 on: March 19, 2010, 10:34:16 AM

I got persuaded into buying a bargain bin game. Sid Meier's Pirates. I had fun, but man the dancing mini game made Arkham Asylum easy by comparison. I'm gonna try higher difficulty next to see how badly I'd get raped.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2603 on: March 19, 2010, 10:40:11 AM

FFFFUUU, I think Borderlands is lost for good. All the other stuff I ordered at the same time arrived already. I had to buy a cheap used copy of Killzone 2 to cheer me up, but I'm still playing effing DoW2 vanilla campaign. Yes, I do have the expansion.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #2604 on: March 19, 2010, 10:51:22 AM

I had fun, but man the dancing mini game made Arkham Asylum easy by comparison.

After four attempts at the dancing minigame, I didn't bother trying to play it ever again. I literally never got a step right. You lose the possibility of getting a wife and collecting treasure maps, but I think that's it.

I've been splitting my time between LotRO and STO. I'm focusing on STO at the moment because I don't currently plan on subbing past this month. They'll have to persuade me with the patch. I'm Commander 3, and in the last day I've tried Crystalline Entity (a bizarre combination of mechanically easy and logistically unwinnable - don't even bother entering the instance if there are fewer than 20 people there) and the Hoban system, which has stupid numbers of mobile group adds. After dying in a single fight that went on for 15-20 minutes, and saw at least four patrol groups of four Remans each invite themselves into the battle, I had to quit and go back to work.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 10:55:58 AM by Stormwaltz »

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #2605 on: March 19, 2010, 03:08:36 PM

"i got a big  Heart yes get it  Heart and biggerrrrr ---- watch the hands..watch the hands.....uh do i listen to the tune instead..wait. fuck DON"T SPIN YOU BITCH!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" 

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #2606 on: March 19, 2010, 07:57:44 PM

"i got a big  Heart yes get it  Heart and biggerrrrr ---- watch the hands..watch the hands.....uh do i listen to the tune instead..wait. fuck DON"T SPIN YOU BITCH!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" 

I read that COMPLETELY wrong at first.

The dance minigames were rage inducing at first, but then something clicked, and i figured out how to read the patterns and ignore the false cues.  Then they became a cakewalk, and suprisingly entertaining.

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #2607 on: March 19, 2010, 08:12:28 PM

Picked up Infinite Space on the DS today. Aside from some oddball sound issues (character voices are really quiet and sound effects are REALLY LOUD) and some rather unfortunate dialogue, like the overuse of the phrase "sea of stars" and the incredibly idiotic term "zero-G dog" instead of something more generic like "spacer," I'm really digging it. It's kind of Super Robot Wars-y, in a way.

Oh, and you win FAP after every battle, so there's that too.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2608 on: March 19, 2010, 09:16:13 PM

I can see why EA stopped porting Madden to the PC. The last team to do so may have had some form of retardation.

Firstly, the resolutions are great (unlike Tiger Woods 08), and it supports the 360 pad. Unfortunately, though it supports the 360 pad natively during gameplay (XBY over receivers, etc), the menus are all mouse-driven. And sometimes the scroll wheel will work, sometimes you need to grab the scroll bar. No real pattern to this. Hell, for a few options you can use the gamepad to navigate the menu...until you can't. And even if you can navigate into a menu with the controller, you can't back out with the controller.

Still, it means I don't have to dust off the Xbox (not 360) to play a five-year out of date roster, though I do miss Freeney. Plays nice with stereoscopic, though the main menu (forced 800x600) doesn't for me.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2609 on: March 22, 2010, 10:24:10 AM

Started to play Dragon Age and found out there was a patch and that Return to Ostagar is now available for PS3.  After all that, my wife shows up and I switch to Heavy Rain.

Some amount of ChronoTrigger, also, while watching pies bake.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #2610 on: March 22, 2010, 12:15:47 PM

Everyone of you motherfuckers who said that Persona 3 was some Japanese Transforming Robot Form of Jesus was absolutely right and I thank you for it.

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #2611 on: March 22, 2010, 12:24:17 PM

Oh god, just tell me you aren't going to turn into the jrpg version of a born again Christian, who won't shut up about his new found religion.  That's all I ask.

edit:  although, if you do, I demand pictures of you in some ridiculous cosplay outfit
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 12:26:37 PM by Ard »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #2612 on: March 22, 2010, 12:26:26 PM

Would you like to subscribe to my newsletter, The Reborn Weebo Times?  why so serious?

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #2613 on: March 22, 2010, 12:27:16 PM

Is it free like in beer or free like in candy?
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2614 on: March 22, 2010, 12:32:25 PM

Everyone of you motherfuckers who said that Persona 3 was some Japanese Transforming Robot Form of Jesus was absolutely right and I thank you for it.

awesome, for real  I thought Rasix should have said "very Japanese, but in a good way" but I figured you would find out soon enough.  It's "toilet in a separate room from bath tub" instead of "raccoon with very large balls".

Unlike Ard, I welcome an addition to the Weeaboo Army, or perhaps Foreign Legion.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #2615 on: March 22, 2010, 12:51:13 PM

Is it free like in beer or free like in candy?

It's more like, lure you into the garage with free candy and then while being all casual hand you a beer.  But not in a creepy predatory way...   why so serious?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #2616 on: March 22, 2010, 10:27:14 PM

Desktop Dungeons has sucked away all of my free time this evening.  It's kind of like a rogue-like meets minesweeper kind of game, where the goal is to beat the boss of the randomly generated level by any means necessary (usually meaning leveling up alot til your capable of killing it).  There aren't persistent characters, and games are very short.  However, there is persistence in unlocking classes/monsters/items, and I think the game does these things quite well.  

It's certainly hard, and my failure rate is probably around 75%, but since games last 5-10 minutes that's not a big deal.  Every once in a while the random map generator will screw you over, but generally only in the beginning of the game which leads to an easy instant restart.  Otherwise I think it's a brilliant way to waste some time.

http://www.qcfdesign.com/?cat=20 (mainpage)

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=11688.0 (better tileset)
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #2617 on: March 23, 2010, 01:21:11 AM

StarCraft II, and very soon, the Settlers 7-demo =P

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #2618 on: March 23, 2010, 08:50:43 AM

Just Cause 2 is out today, looking forward to starting some chaos tonight.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2619 on: March 23, 2010, 10:51:13 AM

Been playing some BFBC2 in addition to LoL.

Am NOT playing the SC2 beta and am quite sad about that.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Moosehands
Terracotta Army

Reply #2620 on: March 23, 2010, 04:46:59 PM

In the past week I have spent at least a little time on each of these:

PC
EVE Online
Everquest 2
Dungeons and Dragons Online
Civ 4 - BTS
Borderlands (2 latest expansions)
DoW 2: Chaos Rising
Dragon Age: Origins: Awakening

PS3
Demon Souls
GoW 3
Dante's Inferno
MGS 4 (had never played, got it in the bargain bin)

Xbox
Deadly Premonition
Divinity 2
Metro 2033
Army Men

DS
Infinite Space

This hasn't even been enough to get me caught up on my "must buy" list.  So far Q4-2009/Q1-2010 has been just amazing for games.  My bed misses me and my wallet and I are no longer on speaking terms.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2621 on: March 23, 2010, 05:22:44 PM

I see Civ 4 BtS... tried "the mod" yet?

Moosehands
Terracotta Army

Reply #2622 on: March 23, 2010, 05:26:48 PM

No and I don't have time for it lalalalala I'm not listening I'm not listening!
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #2623 on: March 24, 2010, 01:09:55 AM

Age of Mythology

It's retro RTS week at the Naum ranch!

Never really got into when it came out, like, what 7-8 years ago.

But blew the dust off and started playing ;)

Runs really well on my machine :)

Keep trying to zoom in and out on the view (though I can spin the rotation).

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2624 on: March 24, 2010, 06:41:34 AM

No and I don't have time for it lalalalala I'm not listening I'm not listening!
http://kael.civfanatics.net/  why so serious?
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: