Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:55:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 18 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231696 times)
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #9135 on: July 05, 2014, 09:08:58 AM

Just got and finished Ultimate General: Gettysburg.  It's 'early access' (unfinished), but I had no crashes and the game ran well.  Did I mention that the map is GORGEOUS!?  Best looking wargame map ever.  Game is a little tough, took me three tries for my Rebs to take and hold Oak and Seminary Ridges.  It's a real time RTS, but you can pause it.  Good value for $10.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #9136 on: July 05, 2014, 09:40:38 AM

real time RTS
real time real time strategy

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #9137 on: July 05, 2014, 12:56:38 PM

Is it RTS in the sense that the battles in the Total War games were real-time with pause?

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #9138 on: July 05, 2014, 01:11:08 PM

I'm starting to understand why hiding hat is a pay to use feature.

Let us know when you find the Fifth Element.

real time real time strategy

If units moved at human walking speed and it actually took 72 hours to play through the battle...

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9139 on: July 05, 2014, 03:47:32 PM

Life obstacles win again.  Played a nice chunk of Pokemon Y, though.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9140 on: July 05, 2014, 03:55:30 PM

Gotham City Imposters because it was free from xbox.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #9141 on: July 05, 2014, 04:33:29 PM

Is it RTS in the sense that the battles in the Total War games were real-time with pause?

Yes, you got it.  Except there isn't anything but the battlefield.  A cool thing about it that your performance in a battle sets you up for the next days battle. So if you do well you will have an improved situation for the next day.

There is still some tweaking that needs to be done.  Cannon don't seem to do a lot and surrounded units of both sides can  merrily ignore such an unpleasant situation sometimes.  Hit the M key and elevation lines appear, showing you the lay of the land, much needed for placement of cannon and defense of hills.

I mean, shit, cost of a movie ticket, works for me.

The reality is that's a real time RTS.  Really.  Assholes.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #9142 on: July 05, 2014, 07:05:36 PM

Just got and finished Ultimate General: Gettysburg.  It's 'early access' (unfinished), but I had no crashes and the game ran well.  Did I mention that the map is GORGEOUS!?  Best looking wargame map ever.  Game is a little tough, took me three tries for my Rebs to take and hold Oak and Seminary Ridges.  It's a real time RTS, but you can pause it.  Good value for $10.

Is it any better than the Sid Meier one? I thought that was pretty good, back in the day.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #9143 on: July 06, 2014, 08:55:01 AM

This looks good.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #9144 on: July 06, 2014, 09:42:34 AM

What is that? Reminds me of 3D Custom Girl but I doubt you'd post SFW screenshots if that's what you're "playing".

schild
Administrator

Reply #9145 on: July 06, 2014, 10:01:59 AM

I think it's ESO.

I'm not sure anyone has played that enough to confirm or deny though.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #9146 on: July 06, 2014, 10:50:02 AM

Not sure if I'm falling into the sarchasm or there's a different ESO than Elder Scrolls Online which that very much does not look like.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #9147 on: July 06, 2014, 11:08:17 AM

Is it any better than the Sid Meier one? I thought that was pretty good, back in the day.

That's so long ago I really can't pick one over the other.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #9148 on: July 06, 2014, 11:43:02 AM

Not sure if I'm falling into the sarchasm or there's a different ESO than Elder Scrolls Online which that very much does not look like.

Your sarcasm detector is broken.
schild
Administrator

Reply #9149 on: July 06, 2014, 01:32:26 PM

headache
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #9150 on: July 06, 2014, 02:31:31 PM

RE5 became like 10 times more palatable once I discovered a FOV mod. The original is so narrow it's the first game to make me uncomfortable.
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #9151 on: July 06, 2014, 07:41:59 PM

Let us know when you get to 6. I secretly wanna play it due to how good 4 was and need someone to tell me it's crap.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #9152 on: July 06, 2014, 07:48:32 PM

What is that? Reminds me of 3D Custom Girl but I doubt you'd post SFW screenshots if that's what you're "playing".

in short: It's Japan's take on Guild Wars 2

Short tutorial vid

:chrisbrown: don't judge me

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #9153 on: July 06, 2014, 08:06:55 PM

Well, we bought a Wii U.  Super Mario Bros U. is an excellent platformer and Mario Kart 8 is the best Mario Kart I've played in a while.  Also got a free copy of Windwaker HD with Mario Kart, so that's nice I guess.  I'm actually pretty happy with the buy so far, it's perfect for the kind of thing my wife and I can play together.  I guess that's the sort of thing Nintendo has excelled at recently.

Also playing Shadowrun Returns.  Just fantastic.  This game makes me realize just how much I don't give a fuck about elaborate cut scenes and tons of voiced over dialog.  Give me dialog boxes all day long.  The experience is so much better than any of the recent RPGs I've played outside of New Vegas.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #9154 on: July 06, 2014, 08:41:49 PM

Finally buckled down and figured out how to mostly-reliably dock in Kerbal Space Program.   After a week of off and on practice I'm now  actually rescuing all those poor little stranded bastards littered throughout orbit.   Hulk Rock
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #9155 on: July 06, 2014, 08:48:43 PM

in short: It's Japan's take on Guild Wars 2
img.jpg

Short tutorial vid

:chrisbrown: don't judge me
Looks more TERA than GW2, but that's probably the art style.

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #9156 on: July 06, 2014, 09:51:16 PM

Currently playing the 'Super Turbo Championship Edition' of Guacamelee. If Drinkbox keeps re-releasing Guacamelee then it won't be long until they have reached Street Fighter Levels of edition-ridiculousness.

Bought it mostly because Guacamelee is now also available on PS4 and XBox 1. For anyone else considering it, Drinkboxs offers an upgrade path for anyone that has already bought the game regardless of platform.

Changes to the 'Gold Edition'

- Two new levels
- Includes all of the DLC and add on content from Gold
- PS4, WiiU and XBox 1 as new platforms
- A lot of minor tweaks and fixes to adjust difficulty curve and levels.

What I've noticed is that the controls are now tighter than on the PS3 edition I've played before, they are still not as tight as they should be but now it's close. They've also tweaked all of the levels to offer a smoother difficulty curve and retuned the monsters and bosses. Jaguar Javier for example is now actually manageable without cheesing the fight and the game has better flow on the whole. They've also added a few new elite monsters later in the game.

Those of you who havent't already played it and might be into a metroidvania brawler should take a look at t it's only 13,99 and the changes and add on content now make it a great game.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #9157 on: July 07, 2014, 03:12:27 AM

I think if someone had told me years ago, "Borderlands 2 is Trigun: the FPS" I'd have tried it before now. So far the learning curve has been good to me, though steering vehicles via mouselook is actively hateful.

I also tried  the dojinshi game War of the Human Tanks, which I was put off from by the crude UI and character art. It's interesting so far, but it really wishes it were an anime.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9158 on: July 07, 2014, 07:55:25 AM

Let us know when you get to 6. I secretly wanna play it due to how good 4 was and need someone to tell me it's crap.

It's mostly crap.  The first third with Leon and zombies is not terrible, but the rest is poopy.  None of it is RE4.

Got home from another excursion with the in-laws and played some Garden Warfare.  Wife is sick, but made some progress.

The wife said I needed to buy Tomodachi Life, or maybe Tamadochi Life, so she and Shaq can trade me things.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9159 on: July 07, 2014, 08:49:57 AM

Tomodachi Life

OMG THAT IS SO FUCKING ADORABLE!  Unfortunately, I don't have one of those fancy shmancy Nintendo thingamadingles.  :(

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #9160 on: July 07, 2014, 09:09:37 AM

Playing through the games I picked up during summer sale.

First one was Call of Juarez which was a damn fun diversion.  Enjoyed the narration during game play similar to Bastion.  Fun story telling and light FPS.  Good stuff, easily worth the sale price.

Now I'm playing Banner Saga.  Its like Oregon trail meets tactics mashed with Vikings lore.  Good mixture so far.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #9161 on: July 07, 2014, 11:48:49 AM

I think if someone had told me years ago, "Borderlands 2 is Trigun: the FPS" I'd have tried it before now. So far the learning curve has been good to me, though steering vehicles via mouselook is actively hateful.
You get used to it.

It's a pretty fun game but the level cap loot game is...eh. Too much farming superbosses for shit and not enough cool stuff dropping from regular mobs.

Also the writing of the game has uh, tone issues.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #9162 on: July 07, 2014, 12:52:57 PM

Threw a bunch of mods into Skyrim and started up a new playthough, this time as a caster. Trying to finish the Mages' Guild before moving on to Dawnguard, Dragonborn and the modded content. Mods used:
You missed one:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=199219620

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5YwoqTxLKI
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #9163 on: July 07, 2014, 12:57:16 PM

There isn't a version of that on Nexus and I've no idea how to install mods by hand so unfortunately I'll have to pass. I'm very disappointed about this fact.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #9164 on: July 07, 2014, 01:38:09 PM

My feeling of comfort and ease with Dark Souls 2 ended at the Ruin Sentinels. I think I'll get it tonight though.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9165 on: July 09, 2014, 08:36:59 AM

Tomodachi Life is very engaging.  It's like Animal Crossing redone as The Sims, but it's more fun than that sounds.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #9166 on: July 10, 2014, 12:01:54 AM

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9167 on: July 10, 2014, 08:28:09 AM

Update: Tomodachi Life is Animal Crossing redone as The Sims by the guy who invented Wario Ware.  Still way more fun than it sounds.  The degree to which recreations of real-life people imitate their lookalikes is a little bit weird.  One of the most fascinating things to me about this game is the text-to-speech technology.

naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #9168 on: July 10, 2014, 01:25:32 PM

Update: Tomodachi Life is Animal Crossing redone as The Sims by the guy who invented Wario Ware.  Still way more fun than it sounds.  The degree to which recreations of real-life people imitate their lookalikes is a little bit weird.  One of the most fascinating things to me about this game is the text-to-speech technology.

It is uncanny, how the Mii toons parallel their RL counterparts.

A bit creepy though too, watching your little Mii sim world and dispensing goodies to them. Or dressing them up in weird getup  Hello Kitty

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #9169 on: July 10, 2014, 10:42:31 PM

Horrific.
My friend wants me to play with him.
Now he's no longer my friend.
Just a body in my basement.

Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: