Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:55:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231607 times)
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #6160 on: November 09, 2012, 08:42:14 AM

Freelancer Discovery

Oh god why did I google this. It's going to be really fucking hard to keep my hands off my Freelancer CD now.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #6161 on: November 09, 2012, 08:58:13 AM

Still plugging away at GW2 and picked up Hotline Miami last night which I am terrible at. For some reason the controls are giving me fits and I burst into a room and wildly swing my weapon of choice the wrong direction just to receive a shotgun blast/bat/knife/bullet to the face.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6162 on: November 09, 2012, 09:14:29 AM

I still do that now and again. It makes me laugh. I just picture a murderous psychopath running into a room, swinging a bat at the wall, ignoring the armed men.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #6163 on: November 12, 2012, 08:49:55 AM

Fucking PS3 stopped reading discs last night.  Two weeks after buying AC3, and of course there's an AC3 bundle out now.  I swear to all that is holy.  Well, I got 3+ years out of this one, I guess that's "okay".

Slogging through WoW's xpac, picked up The Last Remnant for some jrpg fix.  The game is pretty decent so far.  The grouped combat is really slick, and makes it feel like such a larger battle than it actually is. 
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #6164 on: November 12, 2012, 02:26:50 PM

Finished Binary Domain before I went on travel for 3 weeks - decent game, I don't think I paid much for it. I didn't fool with the voice commands or manual commands - I found shooting everything in the face to be sufficient.

Still playing an old text game and futzing with World of Tanks. I seem to do much better with Arty than anything else, as I tend to run up to find the action...and promptly die in a hail of fire.

Also redownloading X-COM, because...eff laptop. Plus, it looks like my save got eaten, so whatever.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6165 on: November 15, 2012, 07:11:54 AM

Still playing an old text game

Which one?
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #6166 on: November 15, 2012, 10:53:03 PM

Diablo 3 got boring quite fast, so I am finally going to finish Avernum (I hope this time for real unless I get distracted again), plus unlocking the new Decks in Duels of the Planewalkers.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #6167 on: November 15, 2012, 11:24:30 PM

Just started up Saints Row 3.  The iffy driving controls on PC had me worried, but I think that Sublime sing-a-long may have sold the game for me (especially since my guy is rocking the Brit accent).  Everything is just so over the top, much better than grimdark NEEEKO HUGE AMERIKAN TEETEES.

I hadn't played anything really for a week or so.  Tried LoL but the servers were down, so, off to the steam backlog.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 11:27:32 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6168 on: November 15, 2012, 11:44:27 PM

Resubbed to EQ2 on a whim; there is a new expansion out for it, but none of my toons are high enough so I didn't bother buying it.

Still working on Persona 3 Portable NG+, although at this point I doubt I'll accomplish my goal of finishing it (again) before Golden comes out on Tuesday.

Continuing Borderlands 2 as well; working on True Vault Hunter as a Melee Zer0 duoing with my friend's Siren. The Law/Order build is really nice, except that both of mine are awfully low level; the gun hits for like 200 when I actually shoot it, and I've only got ~1400 shields at level 38.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #6169 on: November 16, 2012, 03:57:00 AM

Just started up Saints Row 3.  The iffy driving controls on PC had me worried, but I think that Sublime sing-a-long may have sold the game for me (especially since my guy is rocking the Brit accent).  Everything is just so over the top, much better than grimdark NEEEKO HUGE AMERIKAN TEETEES.

Something to note: the garage in this game is completely different than GTA.  If you modify/save a car at either a garage or a crib, it's saved and accessible for free from a garage/crib until you delete it.  You can climb into that car, drive it fifteen feet outside, blow it up with a rocket launcher, and then go back to the garage to get a new one.  There is no reason not to show up for every mission in a nigh bulletproof SUV stuffed with homies.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 04:07:39 AM by Sheepherder »
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #6170 on: November 16, 2012, 05:42:36 AM

Except for the desire to drive there in style.

Or in a tank...

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #6171 on: November 16, 2012, 07:43:01 AM

Dammit, now I have an urge to play SR3 again. I love both SR3 and GTA4, no need to spill a 40 of haterade, homies. I'm just glad I had already played through GTA4 once before I de-disced on Steam...because I'm already at something like 70 hours on Steam's tracker...

In GTA4 I like the apartment around the corner from the sports car showroom, I generally drive one of those. In SR3, I drive a bunch of different stuff, but for combat missions I'm all about the Bear. Or the VTOL.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6172 on: November 16, 2012, 08:01:34 AM

I'm starting to get the itch to play Just Cause 2 again.

I just started Ada's campaign in RE6.  This isn't really a recommendation of RE6.  It's gone all Kojima, no point in playing it unless you get moist thinking of Leon Kennedy or stiff thinking of Ada.  Actually, I don't think Ada is holding up this time. Ohhhhh, I see.

Mostly Borderlands 2 still.  I almost finished the game, but got distracted looking for the Bane.  Then I found the Bane.  Jesus.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #6173 on: November 16, 2012, 08:47:05 AM

Freelancer Discovery

Oh god why did I google this. It's going to be really fucking hard to keep my hands off my Freelancer CD now.

PM me your name when you get on. :)

Also, finally finished my first run though X-com. Great game, lots of enjoyment and I consider it one of the best "modernizations" to date. It gave away none of its soul, but rounded edges where needed.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 08:48:42 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #6174 on: November 17, 2012, 09:41:50 AM

I reinstalled Unreal Tournament 2004 instead. I'll probably do Freelancer when I get tired of it.

Double Domination remains an absolutely shitty gametype.

Also, speaking of Freelancer Discovery, can it be played offline at all, or is it a wholly online deal? I am terribly terrible at Freelancer and typically prefer to be terrible by myself.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 09:50:38 AM by koro »
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #6175 on: November 17, 2012, 11:01:46 AM

Speaking of Freelancer, does anyone know offhand of any mods that add joystick support? The mouse control is /headdesk for me.

(I know why they did it. Joysticks were dying. But not including joystick support at all? For someone who grew up simming with joysticks, it was like giving a lifetime PC-FPS player a 360 controller and tossing them into Halo multiplayer...)

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #6176 on: November 19, 2012, 07:32:24 AM

I've been playing X-Com. They really nailed this one imo, it's a ton of fun to play. TBS to scratch that itch and then the cinematic camera zooms to scratch my style whore itch.

Wait, that doesn't sound good...
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6177 on: November 19, 2012, 08:25:04 AM

There's drugs for that, you know.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #6178 on: November 22, 2012, 06:12:47 AM

Back in SWTOR for some storytelling and smooth action.  Nice change of pace from GW2 which I've cooled on due to annoyances described elsewhere. 

X-Com still gets some play, that may be GOTY for me as well.  Just so fun.  If you're on the fence, get the fuck off and buy this. 

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #6179 on: November 22, 2012, 11:29:36 AM

Saints Row 3 - this shit is just fun. 

Resubbed to SWTOR.  Still getting the hang of everything again.  Nice to come back to a cheep speeder upgrade.  Camera panning is way, way too fast even on the lowest level.  I take it they're never patching "the gay" into this one, eh?

LOL can effectively be put on the backburner until the season 3 patch.  Maybe longer.  Still fun to watch tourny/streamers (wings is rad, and he's streaming a lot now).

-Rasix
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #6180 on: November 22, 2012, 11:55:00 AM

Doing a FemShep Renegade ME series playthrough again.  Halfway through ME1 at present.

Trying not to put that on hold, as AC3 for the PC released this week.  >_>

Slowly progressing at LH RB3 guitar, and Harmonix seems to be steadily releasing old GH1/2 tracks as of late as well.

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6181 on: November 22, 2012, 12:03:24 PM

Lots of Persona 4 Golden.

Going to take out Terramorphus in Borderlands 2 this weekend with my buddy, then do Mr. Torgue's DLC.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #6182 on: November 24, 2012, 07:53:47 AM

Finished Walking Dead, which is probably GOTY for me.  
Planetside 2, where I don't have an outfit and don't know what the hell I'm doing.  But it's actually pretty fun regardless.  I have a very hard time controlling vehicles and planes in this game, which is moderately embarrassing.  The FPS gameplay is far better than what I remember it being in Planetside 1, and I've faced zero lag or bug problems so far, so that's nice.

I finally grabbed X-Com, and am on my 13th restart of classic ironman.  I'm bad at the game and I'm a masochist, so I fucking love it.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 08:11:12 AM by trias_e »
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #6183 on: November 24, 2012, 07:55:51 AM

Playing some GW2.  Giving a Pirate 101 a break.  Just ordered Borderlands 2, BLOPS2, and Dishonoured for when I get home on the 4th and an xBox 360 (cheapy one) because having caused my flatmate to become addicted to console gaming, I'm leaving it behind.  I'll have very little time for mmo gaming.  YAY!  I'll also be trying to start an artsy fartsy bidniz with my sister because I can no longer afford (actually never could) to sit around doing non recreational yet somewhat mind altering drugs.  Dammit.  I'm actually looking forward to working again.  It'll keep my mind off of bad men.   DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Might look at Planetside 2.  Never played the first one.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #6184 on: November 24, 2012, 03:33:55 PM

Finished Walking Dead, which is probably GOTY for me.  
Seconded.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Tairnyn
Terracotta Army

Reply #6185 on: November 25, 2012, 10:02:03 PM

Got Dishonored on sale and enjoying the hell out of it. Also just started with Cargo Commander and playing Black Ops II with friends. Only 30 mins into The Walking Dead, but hope to get back to it soon.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #6186 on: November 25, 2012, 10:59:46 PM

Thanks to that Greenmangaming sale I got Dishonored close enough to 75% off and bought it. And man, I am enjoying this. I think I might forego the nonlethal stealth playthrough because causing havoc is sooooo much fun.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #6187 on: November 26, 2012, 09:12:58 AM

PS2 and X-Com. Missed the flash sale on Enchantress, though buying X-Com pretty much blew out my pc gaming budget for the year. There's a reason I don't buy full price games often!
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #6188 on: November 26, 2012, 02:03:47 PM

Picked up Amnesia again, determined to actually finish it this time.  Had to start from scratch since I didn't want to be bothered migrating my save over from my old PC, but it goes a lot faster when you know where the monsters aren't.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #6189 on: November 27, 2012, 01:24:33 PM

Picked up Dishonored last night and just started it.  I like what I'm playing so far.

Also some Scribblenauts Unlimited.  It's not deep or challenging, but I love the art style at 1080p, and it's still a fun little sandbox.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #6190 on: November 27, 2012, 04:04:12 PM

Just beat Dishonored, started on Prototype 2. Then there's the ever present specter of Dark Souls.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #6191 on: November 27, 2012, 04:29:30 PM

Trying to convince myself I don't need to do another DA:O playthrough. I haven't done one in over a year though!

God Save the Horn Players
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6192 on: November 28, 2012, 12:45:17 AM

I'm playing GW2 pretty regularly, doing dungeons and wvw mostly as well as levelling an engineer alt. I also log into WOW for about 2 hrs/week to do LFR; my sub is going to run out soon and I don't really see a reason to renew. Tried PS2 out, meh. Also ended up with some great games from last week's GOG sale, so all I need to do now is invent a time machine so I can actually play them all.

Trying to convince myself I don't need to do another DA:O playthrough. I haven't done one in over a year though!
I have done one just a few months ago. It was oddly a lot more fun than I remembered my original playthrough (which stalled at the deep roads, predictably). Some random things to dissuade you - Deep Roads. Fade (yeah I know there's a mod for it). That endless slog of bad dudes near the end.

No need to thank me!  why so serious?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 12:47:03 AM by Zetor »

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #6193 on: November 28, 2012, 06:13:35 AM

Impatiently waiting for the workday to end, so I can go home to try out Baldur's Gate EE. I had thought it was only coming out on iOS, only to find it was releasing for Windows today.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #6194 on: November 28, 2012, 11:40:57 AM

I have done one just a few months ago. It was oddly a lot more fun than I remembered my original playthrough (which stalled at the deep roads, predictably). Some random things to dissuade you - Deep Roads. Fade (yeah I know there's a mod for it). That endless slog of bad dudes near the end.

No need to thank me!  why so serious?

I've done the Deep Roads so many times, I'm pretty sure I'm basically immune to them now. And I have the Skip the Fade mod. <3 The end never bothered me in the first place, so that doesn't really work either. I appreciate your efforts, though!

I did wind up starting a playthrough last night, and was delighted to discover I no longer have the maps QUITE so memorized. Also I apparently installed a "get Zevran early" mod, so I got the cutscene where you first see him and was all "baby I miiiiiiiiissed yoooooooou." Finished Lothering, which means he'll ambush me the next time I go somewhere and it will be awesome.

God Save the Horn Players
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: