Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:46:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 17 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231405 times)
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #5425 on: December 11, 2011, 10:44:17 AM

Que?

Little dudes made out of lead and tin.  If you ate lots of them as a child, you may have problems with Skyrim.

Your pacifist thief who doesn't set foot outside of cities for a dozen levels at a time and vendors all of the equipment he steals but doesn't use the cash to upgrade equipment will not do well.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #5426 on: December 16, 2011, 03:47:33 PM

Head scratch

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
WayAbvPar

Reply #5427 on: December 16, 2011, 04:09:31 PM

He is saying you need to be at least a little brain damaged to have any real trouble with the combats in Skyrim.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #5428 on: December 16, 2011, 05:30:45 PM

You will not need to mod Skyrim for you to play through it, enjoy it, and not feel gimped by doing shit which comes naturally to your character.  Unless you are a glutton for punishment like Sinij, or ate a vast quantity of lead as a child.

WayAbvPar: It's more like a lot brain damaged.

Also, I assume he's not just asking about whether he can survive combat; but whether his inner sperglord will be shouting at him for DOING IT WRONG.  There is very little to sperg about in Skyrim.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 05:32:18 PM by Sheepherder »
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #5429 on: December 17, 2011, 11:18:23 AM

Except collecting cabbages.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #5430 on: December 17, 2011, 12:24:56 PM

My concern was if I choose to play as a stealthy archer-type, and level up doing mostly stealthy archer-type things from the shadows, would I get assraped due to neglecting melee skills when I inevitably walk around the corner and some mob beats my skull in with a 2x4?

MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5431 on: December 17, 2011, 02:06:34 PM

That's why you make sure you keep a sword and board hireling so you can still plink them with arrows whilst they're tanking for you.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #5432 on: December 17, 2011, 02:49:57 PM

Besides, very quickly the stealthy archer is a God.

Literally.  Worship and everything.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #5433 on: December 18, 2011, 12:47:59 AM

Yeah stealthy archer type is probably the most overpowered way to play it.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #5434 on: December 18, 2011, 08:45:03 AM

Skyrim, LoL, Tribes: Ascend.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #5435 on: December 18, 2011, 08:52:44 AM

Finally got my PC back after a month. Besides Blood Bowl...I'm frankly not sure what I want to play. Been doing other nerdy shit...like reading. Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #5436 on: December 18, 2011, 11:38:56 PM

My concern was if I choose to play as a stealthy archer-type, and level up doing mostly stealthy archer-type things from the shadows, would I get assraped due to neglecting melee skills when I inevitably walk around the corner and some mob beats my skull in with a 2x4?

Master fear illusion spell and you'll have no issues. Or Nords have Battlecry racial. Let them run around in circles as you back off from the engagement. It's pretty straightforward IMO. There's even a perk to activate bullet time.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5437 on: December 19, 2011, 07:05:54 AM

I sort of lost track of Skyrim, to my own surprise and dismay. Instead I've been playing STO's Duty Officer system (and pretty much no other part of the game), Saints Row 3 (Oh, you want to take a shot at me from the window of your ricer, Decker? Let me break out my Abrahms tank...), and the newly-released PC version of Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #5438 on: December 19, 2011, 07:16:54 AM

Master fear illusion spell and you'll have no issues. Or Nords have Battlecry racial. Let them run around in circles as you back off from the engagement. It's pretty straightforward IMO. There's even a perk to activate bullet time.

Or...
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #5439 on: December 19, 2011, 08:13:25 AM

awesome, for real

WayAbvPar

Reply #5440 on: December 19, 2011, 10:26:42 AM

Got drunk and talked into SWTOR over the weekend. Just hit level 10 and about to leave the n00b planet. I wish it was more sandboxy, but I will give BW some credit- the quests and voice acting are pretty damned good. I really feel like I am taking part in my own movie.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #5441 on: December 19, 2011, 11:24:35 AM

SWTOR has been winning time over Skyrim lately.  I feel like I want to play Skyrim but it ends up not happening.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #5442 on: December 19, 2011, 09:23:44 PM

SWTOR has been winning time over Skyrim lately.  I feel like I want to play Skyrim but it ends up not happening.

This is exactly how I've been feeling about Skyrim too. Except my time has been in Blood Bowl and the real world.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #5443 on: December 19, 2011, 11:43:06 PM

This is exactly how I've been feeling about Skyrim too. Except my time has been in Blood Bowl and the real world.

Blood Bowl when my addiction to Terraria is sated and Real life doesn't interfere
Xilren's Twin

Reply #5444 on: December 20, 2011, 04:40:05 AM

So I got this email that apparently Gamefly subscribers now can play a bunch of PC games for free by installing their Steam wannabe client.
Since one of my boys has a membership, i may play around with it.  While it says 300+ pc games, I'm not seeing many large titles in here, but they do have things like Assassin's Creed 1, Puzzle Quest, Disciples 1, 2, and 3, King Arthur and Sam and Max episodes.  We shall see.  I dont see myself purchasing games from them, but if they want to give me free stuff to play while my boys rent xbox games I shant object.

Anyone else using this?

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #5445 on: December 20, 2011, 02:14:29 PM

Fifa 12, Terraria and then more Fifa 12.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Once split a 12.5lb burger with a friend.

Reply #5446 on: December 20, 2011, 09:20:00 PM

So I got this email that apparently Gamefly subscribers now can play a bunch of PC games for free by installing their Steam wannabe client.
Since one of my boys has a membership, i may play around with it.  While it says 300+ pc games, I'm not seeing many large titles in here, but they do have things like Assassin's Creed 1, Puzzle Quest, Disciples 1, 2, and 3, King Arthur and Sam and Max episodes.  We shall see.  I dont see myself purchasing games from them, but if they want to give me free stuff to play while my boys rent xbox games I shant object.

Anyone else using this?

I installed the client to check it out and there seems to be a few things worth the download to play. I'm surprised they don't count against as a rental, but I'm also not going to complain about that. Interesting service if it works.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5447 on: December 22, 2011, 02:18:50 PM

The Steam Sale and a good Christmas have got me swimming in games. On the current and future rotation will be:

FIFA 12
Portal 2
Battlefield 3
League of Legends
Ultima VII Complete
Mount and Blade: Warband
Shogun: Total War 2
Fallout: New Vegas
and probably Football Manager 2012

And there's still a bunch more days of Steam sale left.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #5448 on: December 22, 2011, 06:30:42 PM

One of the fans on my video card is making horrible noises and spinning erratically.  I think I may be playing the RMA game this holiday season.

-Rasix
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #5449 on: December 22, 2011, 11:24:16 PM

Instead I've been playing STO's Duty Officer system (and pretty much no other part of the game)

I recently jumped back on STO after not playing it for ages.
Having to rediscover how to play it.
The duty officer system seems interesting but I've only just gotten my crew and sent a few of them off on a couple of missions.
Is there more to it than that?
Are you not playing the game much or is there a more involving side to it that I'm missing?

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #5450 on: December 23, 2011, 12:48:26 PM

Portal 2 single player, and it is good.  In fact, it is so good that I feel a little guilty for having paid such a low price for it because it actually did deserve that higher price tag.

Now to find someone to co-op test with...for science!

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5451 on: December 25, 2011, 08:25:07 AM

Portal 2 single player, and it is good.  In fact, it is so good that I feel a little guilty for having paid such a low price for it because it actually did deserve that higher price tag.

Now to find someone to co-op test with...for science!

Absolutely agree about the Portal 2 single player. It is just abso-fucking-lutely brilliant from top to bottom. Production values, level design, voice acting, writing, concepts - it is as perfect an experience so far as the first one was, and I didn't think they'd be able to top the first.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #5452 on: December 30, 2011, 11:36:13 AM

Arkham City and, damn, is it huge.  Completed the story ages ago, but you just can't stop solving riddles.

Or performing beatdown.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5453 on: December 30, 2011, 06:55:44 PM

Played some of the split screen co-op missions in CoD: MW3 with my girlfriend, only to discover that we're both pretty horrible at it.

Also, the technic pack for Minecraft is finally 1.0 compatible, so I reinstalled that and started up a fresh world.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #5454 on: January 02, 2012, 03:40:46 AM

Wait, you can't get all the trophies if you missed some during the story ?

Fucking Lame.

Tairnyn
Terracotta Army

Reply #5455 on: January 02, 2012, 09:35:12 AM

Fucking Lame.

If you mean the ingame Riddler trophies I don't think that's the case. I have almost all of them now and did about 80% of them after the story.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #5456 on: January 02, 2012, 09:56:37 AM

I'm investigating.  They may not be where I think they are.  Only 3 to go...

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #5457 on: January 02, 2012, 10:54:22 AM

Yeah, turns out I'm just not as clever as the Riddler.  Who knew.

Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #5458 on: January 02, 2012, 12:36:54 PM

Portal 2 (just completed), TOR, RB3 and GH6.  Have Arkham City and AC : Revelations ready to go when I get time.

In somewhat-related news, now two F13-ers are ranked on Siouxsie and the Banshees songs in RB3.   Ohhhhh, I see.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 07:24:19 PM by Minvaren »

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #5459 on: January 06, 2012, 03:30:08 AM

Fucking Lame.

yeah, Yahtzee talked about that in his review. I guess it's to encourage Playthrough 2? (This time in a different Spandex outfit!)

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: