Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:00:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Take a picture once a day, whether you need to or not 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 108 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Take a picture once a day, whether you need to or not  (Read 1161561 times)
BoatApe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1890 on: February 09, 2010, 07:32:56 AM

One asshat student left his car in the main college lot on Saturday despite an all-campus email to clear the place for the plow. Rather than screw with getting a tow, the plow guy just basically piled all the snow he could on top of the car. It's not getting out any time soon, especially given that there's another 1-2 foot snowfall coming on Wednesday.

Saw this done when I lived in Colorado...when they finally got the car out it looked like it had been through a crusher.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1891 on: February 09, 2010, 09:12:58 AM

Gotta love street parking!

My favorite part of street parking was always digging myself out, only to come home and find some other shitheel had parked in my spot.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1892 on: February 28, 2010, 03:48:19 PM

Having finally got a camera and underwater housing, I got to take some pretty underwater pictures this weekend. Took probably 150 and I've got about 3 that are nice pictures and not green since I don't have a flash cover thing (diffuser?) on the housing so it was pure luck whether my fingers covered enough. I've got lots of nice pictures that are lovely and green though awesome, for real

Perfect weather for diving!

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1893 on: March 14, 2010, 10:39:10 PM

Daffodils growing outside my house

Hic sunt dracones.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1894 on: March 15, 2010, 08:57:05 AM

So I was up in Scotland again last weekend. Got a couple of nice pics but didn't take my camera on the first dive of the second day (we were briefed that it was a tough dive, the skipper was worried about sending inexperienced divers down and I was worried it would be getting in my way and generally making things stressful. Dive was not difficult at all) which was a really gorgeous dive with lots of crabs and generally interesting life NDA

This one made me really glad I've got a manual focus since the camera really couldn't see anything to pick out.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #1895 on: March 17, 2010, 04:23:16 PM

Luvly piccies guys. What's the bright orange thing? Some sort of amenome?

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1896 on: March 20, 2010, 08:05:34 AM

The first daffodil of the season.

Hic sunt dracones.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1897 on: March 20, 2010, 09:52:59 AM

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #1898 on: March 20, 2010, 11:43:17 AM

The tree on the right looks like its one bad storm from falling on the house.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1899 on: March 20, 2010, 02:59:08 PM

It's solid, and has equally as much mass on the other side, maybe more, the shot makes it look worse than it is.  Most likely it'd fall away from the house.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1900 on: March 20, 2010, 04:15:38 PM

That's your new house!  Congrats!  It's very nice.  Tidy and well kept looking, too. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1901 on: March 21, 2010, 09:33:47 AM

The bright orange thing was some sort of leaf plant thing. There were a lot more further on but that one spot had a single solitary one that looked freakishly colourful amid the sea of green.

Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #1902 on: March 21, 2010, 09:45:55 AM

Please don't fill your house with crap.  And then insist that ALL of that crap be moved across the country.  Thanks ;-)

Congratulations by the way.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1903 on: March 21, 2010, 10:55:29 AM

Please don't fill your house with crap.  And then insist that ALL of that crap be moved across the country.  Thanks ;-)

Congratulations by the way.

We do this all the time!   ACK!

(and sometimes to entirely different countries - which is actually easier but just as stressy)

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1904 on: March 21, 2010, 11:11:39 AM

Heh.  Thanks.

I hope this is my last move for a long, long time if ever.  I am going to fill my place with crap so the city has to figure out what the heck to do with it once I pass. DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1905 on: March 21, 2010, 12:16:35 PM

I'm going to leave all my pennies to Schild.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1906 on: March 22, 2010, 03:40:45 PM

Closeup pic of a thornbush leaves (Hawthorn I think)

Pic of a Gorse bush. They are goddam evil plants, literally spread everywhere and kill the land under them, but the flowers are lovely. I hear some people make wine out of them.

Pic of the river Shannon from a pier. You can see the beercans and other rubbish that us environment loving Irish people have tossed on our green and fair land. My friends dogs were running about yesterday and one of them sliced her leg open down there. Fun.

Hic sunt dracones.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1907 on: March 22, 2010, 03:58:28 PM

I like the thornbush pic, though the Shannon one is really pretty bleak. Sad to think how shittily people will treat nature.

Since I was up in Durham last week I took a few shots, here's the Cathedral shot from the river.

And here's a shot along the river, mostly it's a branch though.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1908 on: March 22, 2010, 04:21:07 PM

Yeah, spring is very late here, and bleak is kinda the in thing for nature right now

Hic sunt dracones.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1909 on: March 22, 2010, 04:28:16 PM

I like the thornbush pic, though the Shannon one is really pretty bleak. Sad to think how shittily people will treat nature.

Since I was up in Durham last week I took a few shots, here's the Cathedral shot from the river.

Did you meet a wench in that little house by the castle? Looks surprisingly like the exterior of the first big city in The Witcher.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1910 on: March 22, 2010, 04:53:16 PM

There actually is a medieval bridge to the left that leads up towards a stone gate house set in some of the old city walls. Durham (especially that part of it) really is like a town out of an RPG. Of course just after that little gate entrance there's a student bar that serves ridiculously cheap beer and has a nice garden. It also has plenty of wenches.

The little house is either a boat house or an archaeological museum depending on right or left and that's not a castle it's a cathedral. The castle's off to the left out of shot awesome, for real

Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #1911 on: March 25, 2010, 11:44:25 AM

Some more pics from when I was back in KL.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1912 on: March 28, 2010, 04:29:04 AM

Some shots of the farm I grew up in

Hic sunt dracones.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1913 on: April 01, 2010, 09:13:56 PM

Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #1914 on: April 01, 2010, 09:47:33 PM

view from the *office*

I love New Mexico

a chunk of petrified wood I found... which interestingly enough, uranium tends to accumulate in organics, hence most petrified wood is *hot*

"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #1915 on: April 01, 2010, 11:22:46 PM

It just occurred to me that I haven't really posted any pictures from my sojourn in Rwanda.  So figured I'd throw out a couple of shots from my trip, as this seems more appropriate than rezzing my old thread.  Sorry that there are so many, when most posts in this thread just consist of a few shots.  But I took a fuck ton more shots than this, and wanted to get a broad range out of the things I saw on the trip.

A view from the plane coming in.  Rwanda about 90% cultivated, and mostly hills, which means the countryside is beautifully terraced:

How all the construction sites looked:

Coke springs eternal:

I both wanted to walk down this ally and Really not:

Not a good picture itself, but as we drove by this old run down building in Kigali (the capital), our driver announced to us that this was an execution site during the Genocide, where thousands of families where killed.  So, creepy as hell:

Again, the whole country is hills, so a lot of it is built up the side of them:

Thought this picture turned out pretty good for being taken out the side of the van:

Not sure how I felt about this being written on the back of a gas truck...

Again, not a very good picture, but thought it was a good slice of life pic.  Kid playing with stilts as we drove by in the rain:

The military all drove around patrols in these modified Toyota trucks, where guys just rode around hanging off the back with AK-47's:

What the country side looked like in general:

Some people from the village we stayed at came to stare at us as we got up in the morning:

Looking from the top of the hospital we worked at over the outpatiant care building, to the countryside beyond:

All day long, as we worked to setup the computer network, adorable kids from around the town would come to stare at us do our job from a distance:

These guys were cutting planks to use in the construction of the local school.  Also, these guys where absolutely ripped:

More adorable children come to stare at us.  Of course we gave them all candy:

Girl with USAID bag.  Also, behind her you can see how many of the buildings in Rwanda have these huge black containers that gather all the rain water that lands on them for use.  Really hammers home the need for efficiency there:

Prisoners working out in front of the gate to their prison:

Shot of Kigali, the capital:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 11:25:44 PM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1916 on: April 02, 2010, 02:06:39 AM

Wow awesome shots!

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #1917 on: April 02, 2010, 06:17:53 AM

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1918 on: April 02, 2010, 07:09:58 AM

I hope that wasn't your booth. ACK!

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #1919 on: April 02, 2010, 07:36:25 AM

Food booths, the view is from my booth. Hell of a way to wake up on closing day.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #1920 on: April 02, 2010, 07:39:31 AM

Someone tried deepfrying a turkey after too much mead?

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #1921 on: April 02, 2010, 08:48:39 AM

Started at 7am, I suspect the turkey leg booth fired up the grill poorly and started the fire. 5 local fire stations all showed, and took a few hours to put it out, mostly because they wouldn't get close due to the 2 large (300gal and 800gal approx) propane tanks right behind the building. They kept constant water on them and neither kaboomed.

It was pretty impressive overall, and that second pic was the last I got, as that was when the first small tank explosion got me off the balcony. There was one more as another small tank went up.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1922 on: April 02, 2010, 03:45:56 PM

I had a few hours to kill, so I decided to do it taking photos in one of the older, but still in nice shape, neighborhoods of Cincinnati.  
Album: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=749145&id=1632567670&saved#!/album.php?aid=42898&id=1632567670
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 03:52:23 PM by Merusk »

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1923 on: April 03, 2010, 07:38:51 PM

Nice sunset today.

Hic sunt dracones.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1924 on: April 05, 2010, 02:59:38 PM

Thanks for all those pics, Teleku.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 108 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Take a picture once a day, whether you need to or not  
Jump to: