Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:00:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Planetside 2 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 102 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Planetside 2  (Read 724210 times)
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1295 on: February 15, 2012, 06:15:18 AM

That eight hour tower fight still stands out as probably the highest point of my time on Auraxis.  That said, there were plenty of other, "holy shit, that was epically stupid and fun at the same time" moments. Kamikaze diving a reaver into a magmower, because the driver just knew I was gonna sit back and launch missiles at him instead of "damn the torpedoes". He sent me a tell afterward along the lines of, "You crazy fucker". To which I replied, "No doubt, shit just got real, pard."

I know I can't capture any of those moments again, but like Slayerik said, "let me add a few more to my list."

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1296 on: February 15, 2012, 12:31:27 PM

Hay look. Base turrets!

I bet you can just "pop" into those too.

Also, Spitfires are gone.

Also:

« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 12:44:00 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1297 on: February 15, 2012, 01:36:06 PM

Oh, I'll have to snag that issue before it hits the periodical room!
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1298 on: February 15, 2012, 03:59:54 PM

Goes to newsstands on the 28th.

Hay look. Base turrets!

I bet you can just "pop" into those too.

They're going to have turret emplacements via engineer also.  Along with other on-the-fly fixed-position stuff.  Should be fun, animations or not.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #1299 on: February 15, 2012, 07:51:21 PM

Wait, didn't Engineers have that first time around? I thought I remembered placing turrets and sensors. Usually was my thing. Drop in with a Mosquito, scout, place stuff, bolt.

Most of my favorite MMO experiences were UO, early EQ1, PS1 and SWG. But I don't know how much of that was because things were still new to me then, I was younger and had more time, or something else. I just want different. And I want different enough that I don't need to look very hard for why it's different :)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1300 on: February 16, 2012, 04:03:57 AM

Wait, didn't Engineers have that first time around? I thought I remembered placing turrets and sensors. Usually was my thing. Drop in with a Mosquito, scout, place stuff, bolt.

Spitfire turrets... which are not included.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1301 on: February 16, 2012, 06:33:18 AM

There was also some manned turrets added late in life for advanced engineering.

PlanetSide - Advanced Engineering Update Video

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #1302 on: February 16, 2012, 01:33:05 PM

I think for planetside 2 they are going more for the manned turret deployable than the automated one. Honestly having played with the droppable manned one that plus mines is fine for me. The old spitfires would get some kills here and there but mostly they were harassment tools due to how fragile they were.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1303 on: February 16, 2012, 01:40:40 PM

They were great for stealthers, though. Drop a turret and then knife a group of enemies while they are distracted by it.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1304 on: February 16, 2012, 01:42:06 PM

Are you kidding? Spitfires were awesome... for killing their own team.

You could tell a newb because he would stand too near a spitfire when there were snipers around. I can't count how many kills I got from the collateral damage caused shooting someone's spitfire. Hell, I even got the kill shot on a couple of BFRs that way.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #1305 on: February 16, 2012, 03:45:46 PM

I had no idea so many people played planetside one.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #1306 on: February 16, 2012, 08:46:57 PM

This is a good place for the former- and current-hardcore to gather.

Go out to a number of more modern shooter boards and Planetside would be virtually unknown.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1307 on: February 17, 2012, 05:50:55 AM

They were great for stealthers, though. Drop a turret and then knife a group of enemies while they are distracted by it.

X100 For Stealth turrets.

But, you won't be making your own tactics anymore. You play in the class box, and you like it. /end

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1308 on: February 17, 2012, 06:59:54 AM

Go out to a number of more modern shooter boards and Planetside would be virtually unknown.

Well, let's face it, most modern shooter fans think it all started with CoD.

Terracotta Army

Reply #1309 on: February 17, 2012, 07:57:17 AM

"Mein leben!"  ACK!

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1310 on: February 19, 2012, 08:19:10 AM

TR Gimp-suit is best Gimp suit.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 06:05:25 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1311 on: February 19, 2012, 12:24:21 PM

"Mein leben!"  ACK!

How many shooter players today could tell you where that's from?

Terracotta Army

Reply #1312 on: February 19, 2012, 02:03:58 PM

"Mein leben!"  ACK!

Outside of this forum? Not many.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1313 on: February 19, 2012, 06:45:49 PM

Goddamned kids. When I was with the hacking and the video games Wolfenstein was isometric, as god intended.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1314 on: February 19, 2012, 08:47:16 PM

Not isometric -- it was a top down / "sideways" view.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1315 on: February 20, 2012, 12:54:52 AM

"Mein leben!"  ACK!

Outside of this forum? Not many.

Hell, I bet half the people IN this forum couldn't have.

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #1316 on: February 20, 2012, 08:14:26 PM

"Mein leben!"  ACK!

Wolfenstein 3D?

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1317 on: February 21, 2012, 12:46:26 AM

You win the kewpie doll.

Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #1318 on: February 21, 2012, 03:42:25 AM

I remember having a shareware CD with Wolf3d.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1319 on: February 21, 2012, 04:23:36 AM

Only thing better than Wolf3D were the marathon games of Scorched Earth where we were hotseating 8 people from the dorm floor.

"I could care, but why?"

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1320 on: February 21, 2012, 06:57:20 AM

Only thing better than Wolf3D were the marathon games of Scorched Earth where we were hotseating 8 people from the dorm floor.

"I could care, but why?"

Scorched Earth <3

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1321 on: February 21, 2012, 10:45:44 AM

Matthew Higby @mhigby

@briguy9876 No restrictions there. if you are/were a PlanetSide player you get a beta invite, be sure your station acct email is accurate

Source.

Clearly not courting feedback from previous PS one players.

For those of you who never played but post here anyway there is this.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 10:47:51 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Terracotta Army

Reply #1322 on: February 21, 2012, 11:45:03 AM

Matthew Higby @mhigby

@briguy9876 No restrictions there. if you are/were a PlanetSide player you get a beta invite, be sure your station acct email is accurate

Source.

Clearly not courting feedback from previous PS one players.

For those of you who never played but post here anyway there is this.

Who the fuck knows what email I used back in 2003 for PS... no beta invite for me. Then again, I really do not want to even look at this game anymore.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1323 on: February 21, 2012, 12:24:58 PM

Should be on your station account. SOE accounts were unified long ago.

Terracotta Army

Reply #1324 on: February 21, 2012, 01:07:28 PM

Should be on your station account. SOE accounts were unified long ago.

They have station accounts? PS was the only game I played from SOE, so whatever the hell email I had in 2003 is long since dead and buried. Still, a moot point.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1325 on: February 22, 2012, 08:36:12 AM

Not really. Log into your station account and update the email address and I bet you get the beta invite, since I doubt they're tracking by email address, but by station account activity in the past.

Quite decent of SOE, for a change.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Terracotta Army

Reply #1326 on: February 22, 2012, 08:55:33 AM

Not really. Log into your station account and update the email address and I bet you get the beta invite, since I doubt they're tracking by email address, but by station account activity in the past.

Quite decent of SOE, for a change.

And pray tell how do I log onto a station account when I have no clue what account I even had. And password for it? Yeah... I'd be better off decrypting druid glyphs than to attempt hitting on a password I used in another lifetime. Again though... I don't much care as I am very disappointed in the direction of this game and most likely will pass on even the beta.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1327 on: February 22, 2012, 09:09:09 AM

Medics.

Terracotta Army

Reply #1328 on: February 22, 2012, 09:54:01 AM

Medics.

So that's the item that will be thrown on the ground for the AoE healz? NICE  why so serious?

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1329 on: February 22, 2012, 11:43:37 AM

That's the item I look for on the backs of my primary squad targets.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 102 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Planetside 2  
Jump to: