Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 09:37:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1971970 times)
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #6160 on: October 15, 2009, 05:06:52 AM

D2 was an amalgamation of G alliance and TRUST, an alliance BOB accused of bieng a capital producer alt alliance for G and got a whole amount of pets together to attack, and then tried to claim all the credit for destroying (despite the fact that the lions share of the forces present were ASCN). It was pretty much a johnny come lately as far as eve politics went. G was the bunch that forced BOB out of Venal, whereupon they moved to Delve as it was about to be upgraded to Blood Raiders, as only they knew.

BOB was an amalgamation of various corps that backstabbed and then spent a year fighting the Pheonix alliance, most notably Evolution, RKK and MOO. Moo was a pirate corp that was run by various people but mostly by Lord Zap, who was really Helmar, the owner of CCP.  Ohhhhh, I see. DICE joined later and was formed from ATUK, another old corp that was part of the 5. Why they disbanded and changed their name to join BOB is a bit of a mystery, but I guess old mollie didn't want a corp that rivaled his own in age and reputation in his alliance. Would have upset the power dynamic he liked.

LV were a bunch that grew from remnants of the 5 once ATUK split (most notably Shinra) and the coalition that formed from the failed attempt to destroy RA. I believe that a lot of them were in Veritas Immortalis when they were taken down by goons/RA. Its probably fairer to say that they were people that could not get into ASCN rather than into BOB. Its also fair to say that LV coming to Syndicate to shoot goons after Bob had left did not endear them to the goony brethren. Yes goons stayed in syndicate for 2 months after BOB "kicked them out" despite what some people have been trying to say recently)

Just my imperfect memory talking...

Hic sunt dracones.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #6161 on: October 15, 2009, 05:16:59 AM

Wasn't ATUK run by a guy how had some really bad back injury that literally laid him up in bed for years?

I didn't know MOO was ran by Helmar, explains a lot though  Ohhhhh, I see.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #6162 on: October 15, 2009, 10:54:02 AM

Speaking of Atlas, I wonder if they plan on taking Cache?
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6163 on: October 19, 2009, 04:09:33 AM

Goonfleet and ZAF are invading Esoteria. Systematic Chaos are the targets, and their JB network and cyno chains are now down. They've apparently had some internal strife, but for all that is feels like a bit of a punt, since we're presumably going to face Stain, AAA, ROL, their associated pets, and maybe even Atlas in the event it proved necessary. Still, we need a decent war, won or lost.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
rand
Terracotta Army

Reply #6164 on: October 19, 2009, 10:44:25 PM

should've waited till dominion so people would look forward to the patch instead of embarking on some dumb invasion that's going to fail miserably and drop participation
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #6165 on: October 19, 2009, 11:03:40 PM

Wolves need the hunt.  The question is not so much if the invasion can succeed, but if it can remain a contained conflict and if the targets are likely to be willing or able to make them regret it later.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6166 on: October 19, 2009, 11:25:30 PM

More importantly, it's a lot more fun than sitting on our asses for two more months doing nothing and not having any idea what life after the patch will really be like.
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #6167 on: October 19, 2009, 11:33:00 PM

If you can get a repeat of last year it should be a good time-convince some fc (dbrb) to reinforce a ton of poses on a friday night in us tz, so a big fight happens sunday around noon us time and everyone can show up and whomp on each other. 
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #6168 on: October 20, 2009, 01:19:09 AM

Lord Zap was in GHSC during most of the last war and was bouncing between BNC and Evolution before that.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
rand
Terracotta Army

Reply #6169 on: October 20, 2009, 09:00:48 AM

More importantly, it's a lot more fun than sitting on our asses for two more months doing nothing and not having any idea what life after the patch will really be like.

no it really isn't, it's going to be a timezone pos grind with them repping shit in euro/russian prime like what's going on today. utterly pointless

If you can get a repeat of last year it should be a good time-convince some fc (dbrb) to reinforce a ton of poses on a friday night in us tz, so a big fight happens sunday around noon us time and everyone can show up and whomp on each other. 

this year they'd get aaa, atlas, stain etc to pile in and its just us and ZAF vs them
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 09:02:25 AM by rand »
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6170 on: October 20, 2009, 10:42:54 AM

no it really isn't, it's going to be a timezone pos grind with them repping shit in euro/russian prime like what's going on today. utterly pointless

A pointless Something is better than all of Nothing.  If you really believe that sitting on our arses doing fuck all is entertaining then CCP has got themselves one hell of a cheap date in you.  If you actually want to just do nothing then why subscribe?  Better to make pointless but violent gestures.  Three years ago we (alone) wardecced D2, Iron, Bob, Fix, LV, ~V~ and  1 or 2 other powerhouse alliances.  We didn't do that thinking we could "win".  Funny thing is only we, and the laughable shadow of Iron, are still standing.

Also, sitting around and letting the massive coalition of coalitions to our East get stronger and bigger is not a good preparation for their inevitable attack on us.  We're outnumbered 3:1, at a conservative estimate, and being reactive (which is what you presumably mean by suggesting we sit on our arses and ride posting bandwagons against whoever is the flavour of the week for the cavalcade of shitposting retards which are Goonfleet's (emphasis mine) ungoony additions over the last year) is not a good strategy.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6171 on: October 20, 2009, 11:56:24 AM

Least it will do is provide some entertainment for everyone until Dominion hits. Don't see this escalating, and if it does NC/PL might decide to stop us in our tracks. And while outnumbered you guys have the advantage of not having to coordinate between half a dozen entities, something that turned out to be a major problem during the first Delve wars.

Think the consensus that I've seen everywhere so far can be summarized as 'thanks guys, let's have some fun'.

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6172 on: October 20, 2009, 12:58:33 PM

Well, the (admittedly half-hearted) attacks on a couple of Querious systems shows that ROL and AAA don't intend to let it be a purely "fun" fight over a single region.  But both absolutely loathe us, so that is hardly unexpected.

It will at least provide a bit of Schadenfreude to be able to troll the opposition about blobbing  awesome, for real  Hopefully the return of (a hopefully refreshed) Xttz will get us better defensive timers then usual.

That said, I like the drama of the big wars, so if it all spirals out of control and PL/the North/Drone Russians turn up to equalise the numbers a bit then I'll not cry.

Twitter - Endieposts

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6173 on: October 21, 2009, 09:34:43 AM

Things are still shaking down in Esoteria.  As was to be expected, the oppositon have called in everyone they can except Atlas and IT Alliance, and I'd be amazed if the latter doesn't beg for the chance to join inon the easy side.  I was a little surprised that even Tri were already there, but they're not always a huge addition to the side that they're on, and Tri's retarded bubbling was one reason why a large combined hostile fleet (Sys-K, Tri and AAA) badly lost a fight against Goons (and a tiny number of ZAF pilots).

The numbers will really show if/when we get hot-dropped: unless we secretly have someone else nearby then even our capfleet can only do so much alone against the extremely large combined fleets of Stain, Coven, AAA, Rol and Tri in particular.  Still, we're super-rich, so I imagine we'll happily roll the dice.

Twitter - Endieposts

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #6174 on: October 22, 2009, 12:13:30 AM

I've only been in a few fights (its a little outside my timezone) but I have to admit its been good fun so far. I'm pretty chillax about the whole thing. It beats doing nothing really.

Hic sunt dracones.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #6175 on: October 24, 2009, 06:57:40 AM

Things going well. Today we lost a tower, suicided a cap fleet because you know why not, and lost a titan in Querious  awesome, for real  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Oh yeah and we killed 3 towers and hammered an enemy fleet earlier so its not all good news :(
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 08:41:03 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6176 on: October 24, 2009, 10:36:38 AM

On the bright side, financially these things shouldn't even register for you guys anymore, and unlike most alliances losing a titan isn't likely going to cause people to rage quit about it. Neither side is really playing for territory as we've all got entirely too much of it anyway, so.. any news is good news ;-)

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #6177 on: October 24, 2009, 10:44:10 AM

Apparently IGNE deployed their titan with a support fleet of only 13 people.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6178 on: October 24, 2009, 11:01:20 AM

During this war, I have most enjoyed the chance to use the power of posting to make the directorate do stuff.

I've got my stealth bomber alt in Goonwaffe now, since as a euro I see few opportunities to use my main (newly ensconced in a Vulture for "I shoot everything on the grid" killwhore overview settings).

It's a shame about the titan, since Shaddo actually got used quite a bit.  But he was an absolute mong to use it this time, since the outcome was completely, blindingly obvious and foreseeable.  The capfleet was sent to die: I can promise you that the capswarm forum was begging to collect their insurance.

Twitter - Endieposts

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #6179 on: October 24, 2009, 02:01:41 PM

Looks like Shaddo got caught trying to do a Doomsday drive-by.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6180 on: October 24, 2009, 06:28:41 PM

Seem to have gotten another titan tackle, this time in PB, but it got away -- and I have no details, unfortunately. Numbers do seem out of whack with 900 in A1-A, and most of it blue on a Saturday evening US time. Bit surprised NC folks haven't made a move yet, it's not like Razor wouldn't be interested in a few hotdrops for example.

rand
Terracotta Army

Reply #6181 on: October 24, 2009, 06:51:06 PM

should've waited till dominion so people would look forward to the patch instead of embarking on some dumb invasion that's going to fail miserably and drop participation

80 in fleet to day to their 800, called it
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #6182 on: October 24, 2009, 10:23:51 PM

During this war, I have most enjoyed the chance to use the power of posting to make the directorate do stuff.

I've got my stealth bomber alt in Goonwaffe now, since as a euro I see few opportunities to use my main (newly ensconced in a Vulture for "I shoot everything on the grid" killwhore overview settings).

It's a shame about the titan, since Shaddo actually got used quite a bit.  But he was an absolute mong to use it this time, since the outcome was completely, blindingly obvious and foreseeable.  The capfleet was sent to die: I can promise you that the capswarm forum was begging to collect their insurance.

how did it die?  I'm confused because there's fighting in both querious and esoteria which aren't all that close together for capitals.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6183 on: October 24, 2009, 11:01:00 PM

Never start a space war in Estoria.

From what I understand, the IGNE Titan was trying to save their own Candium moon using only IGNE corp assets, and not the alliance fleet (which was in Estoria). 

Unless PL or the NC (aka, Razor) comes down I can't see Sys-K being in too much danger. AAA/ROL/SE/ATLAS have no threats on their other borders and will always outnumber the GS/ZAF cap fleet. This weekend being the Euro version of the 4th of July really reinforced it too.

With PL and NC swapping dread fleets on a monthly basis (and a very long supply line all the way south), GS and ZAF are up against it. Sys-k is being well supported by their allies for the time being.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6184 on: October 25, 2009, 06:36:39 AM

how did it die?  I'm confused because there's fighting in both querious and esoteria which aren't all that close together for capitals.

It died defending an IGNE R32 moon.  As soon as we attacked Esoteria, AAA and ROL started nipping at Querious, which should explain the distant battlefields.  That's not complaining: if they really wanted to, they could easily reinforce a dozen R64s and stop the Esoteria thing in its tracks.  I imagine that ROL would jump at the chance to do that (and not stop there, given how they hate us), but that would bring in reinforcements and we'd eventually win.  This way, AAA get effort-free, 100%-risk-free fighting which they'll never lose in a million years and in which others have to do the pos logistics legwork.

Twitter - Endieposts

setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6185 on: October 25, 2009, 04:35:25 PM

Think we're mostly done for now, it seems all GS POS are in reinforced. Short of another wave of new towers sov seems secure for SYS-K. Somewhat disappointed we ended up blobbing as much as we did.. can't deploy 200+ caps and then expect a fight.

Edit: German forum posters confirming that GS is pulling back to Delve.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 08:10:43 PM by setar »

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6186 on: October 26, 2009, 04:50:05 AM

Mission Accomplished!  awesome, for real

Now for the home leg.

Twitter - Endieposts

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6187 on: October 26, 2009, 07:58:10 AM

Edit: German forum posters confirming that GS is pulling back to Delve.

Battle of Dien Bien Phu

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
rand
Terracotta Army

Reply #6188 on: October 27, 2009, 10:45:09 AM

if they really wanted to kill sys-k, you don't do it with easily blobbed fleets but the way blackops killed scorched earth and not in esoteria but in their mission running/jewing hubs in stain. but the guy in charge of blackops is dumb and so is the rest of the directorate so w/e
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6189 on: October 28, 2009, 08:20:49 AM

Someones spreading the rumour that DBRB got blamed for the failed Esoteria invasion and called it a day (for now)? Can't you guys exist a few weeks without emo :) ?

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #6190 on: October 28, 2009, 08:28:32 AM

Someones spreading the rumour that DBRB got blamed for the failed Esoteria invasion and called it a day (for now)? Can't you guys exist a few weeks without emo :) ?

Are you talking about Goonswarm?  Or was that last part of your post in green?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6191 on: October 28, 2009, 09:21:42 AM

DBRB is on vacation for a week or two.  This was used to fabricate a troll about him quitting Eve forever and ever.

At the same time, our glorious leader took time out of doing whatever it is he does (but which is definitely not leading Goonswarm) to try and claim that the whole idea was DBRB's fault, a few days after Zapa tried to take the credit for the whole thing when he apparently thought it might work.  I think there's every chance that DBRB was in charge to some extent, but if one person is supposed to handle everything that actually went wrong then it'll never work, anyway.

The whole thing was run by Karttoon so incredibly incompetently that I was actually suspicious that we were meant to fail, and to get chased back to Delve for a defensive war, pre-Dominion.  The war simply could not have worked the way Karttoon set it up and ran it.  Or rather the way he didn't run it.  We don't ever have successful wars without buy-in and leadership from the top, and Karttoon basically didn't post in The War Room for just under ten weeks, and then distanced himself from the war when it started until it was already fucked.

He probably had to scapegoat someone in order to stop himself from being the very obvious target of the backlash that was building.  Or maybe he just wanted to fuck over DBRB, who he'd openly slagged off in public before, anyway.  I miss Darius, who was a stronger leader, a far better poster, and wasn't lazy.

It's a sly move, though, because it forces people who think that Karttoon fucked up into the position that they seem to be siding with DBRB, which is not an easy one, although a few openly anti-DBRB people have managed to pull it off.

Twitter - Endieposts

setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6192 on: October 28, 2009, 12:01:05 PM

That's what I meant, Murgos -- Endie's summary is even way more convoluted than anything I heard. I don't know of many other entities with the amount of internal politics that GS has, and yet they remain stable. Love it.

calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #6193 on: October 28, 2009, 12:55:02 PM

*** Breaking News ***

Curatores Veritatis Alliance got disbanded today. So far no public details (except lots of "WTF lolz?!" of course)

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1205168 Offical Forums thread

Cala

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6194 on: October 28, 2009, 01:09:44 PM

Maybe IT gets a new home new - they are allied with Urshakhan. Can't see it having as much political impact as the Haggorth Affair had, unless AAA, ROL and ATLAS invade providence to support UK and everyone else counter-invades.

Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: