Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:08:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1969393 times)
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #5495 on: June 15, 2009, 05:38:09 PM

Well looking at the TCF killboard, it seems the Triumvirate and ERR0R dreadnaught fleets are at it again.

TCF was fighting alongside Guardian Federation and Mostly Harmless. The fact that Triumvirate lost around 5 capital ships is probably more of a testament to TCF's ability than to GF and MH.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5496 on: June 16, 2009, 03:43:41 AM

Tri doing a mass log off of Capitals when things started going south probably helped too.

In other news, 49- is under siege. No big deal.

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5497 on: June 16, 2009, 05:12:06 AM

Three Kenny towers in 49- kited by Imperian and ViperShizzle for fourteen hours, so we have 0000 timers on them.  Which is a nice reversal from before.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5498 on: June 16, 2009, 05:56:58 AM

It was actually around 10 to 11 hours, with a 1 day 14 hour timer. And yes, it's nice to do it to them for a change.

{edit} Carrier down http://www.eve-razor.com/killboard/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=176296
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 06:55:11 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
rand
Terracotta Army

Reply #5499 on: June 16, 2009, 07:09:32 AM

They sat around shooting a tower for 11 hours? Jesus
Pax
Terracotta Army

Reply #5500 on: June 16, 2009, 07:20:34 AM

That carrier got bumped out of a deathstar, logged off with bubble aggro and melted See what I did there?

Mia san de Borg. Aichan Widastaund keannt's aich ind' Hoar schmian.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #5501 on: June 16, 2009, 07:51:11 AM

They sat around shooting a tower for 11 hours? Jesus

It's more like they put the tower between 25 and 50% so the stront timer can't be changed.  Then you just need someone watching to make sure they don't try to rep it and for a big enough group to come by on occasion to knock it back down so it doesn't regen back above 50%.  It's not actually a full fleet of people just staring at the tower for 11 hours.  swamp poop

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5502 on: June 16, 2009, 08:15:58 AM

The first tower is Dead in 49-U.

For context, todays crop of towers contain the 2 R64 moons in 49-U. If those go down Kenzuko has no R64 income at all. I would expect the real fight to be over those.

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5503 on: June 16, 2009, 08:29:14 AM

Since AJ Regard was so keen on boasting in H74 that they had a foothold there (during the day and a half that they did), you might think that Kenny would be keen to prevent us getting our first "foothold" in 49-.  Not so!  Having learned from their experience, they know now that the nature of such a presence is fleeting and ephemeral, and have thus decided to exercise the ~patience~ of which they are the undoubted masters.

So with two towers down, the only threat right now is to our R64 income (PL are stealing our dyspro  Mob).  I think that the local count sees the reds outnumbered about 20:1.  Presumably most of them are afk in the station (if so that's not supersmart).

Cracks are appearing in the coalition, though, with accusations of who is shooting unanchored mods in search of killmails flying left and right.

Next tower isn't out for 22 minutes.  Stay tuned for updates.  Anything could happen in that time.  Anything.

Edit: the first tower that died dropped four towers from its CHA.  This will eke out our meagre supplies of ISK after handing over our moon-mining birthright to PL.

Second edit: conga time.  Hostiles reforming elsewhere.

Update: inter-alliance communications failing badly.  This is a serious welp  ACK!

Latest update: conga abandoned in ignominy.  We are reduced to killing towers again.  This will be avenged.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 08:44:13 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5504 on: June 16, 2009, 09:03:49 AM

You can choose to believe this IMPORTANT TRUSTWORTHY INTEL or you can choose to laugh at this LAUGHABLE DISINFORMATION BY A KNOWN GOONFUCKER (William the Mercenary).  I would say treat with cautious interest at most:

(8:25:19 AM) billy internets: hey yo~
(8:25:25 AM) deadtear: hi billy
(8:25:25 AM) deadtear: sup
(8:25:37 AM) billy internets: looks like the war is finally over
(8:25:42 AM) deadtear: what war
(8:25:46 AM) billy internets: bob
(8:28:21 AM) deadtear: idk if the war is over i dont really follow stuff
(8:28:35 AM) billy internets: well
(8:28:40 AM) billy internets: the only thing propping up bob was the russians
(8:28:44 AM) deadtear: i know we got into 49-
(8:28:51 AM) billy internets: and nync is tellin me the russians aren't coming

Who knows?  AAA had a formup at 1300 but nobody showed up.  Maybe this is premature on the policy front, but it seems to reflect current reality.

------

Heh, maybe actually true:

the_mittani: VICTORY
the_mittani: Argentina changes topic to: Evac what you can from 49-, Darwin is watching you. Bridge from 49- at 1800
the_mittani: MAIN BOB IRC

The clue to the Darwin bit will be Molle's titan-naming convention (the titan pilot bad enough to have a naming convention for his titans).
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 09:17:34 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

rand
Terracotta Army

Reply #5505 on: June 16, 2009, 09:58:27 AM

billymerc apparently got that info from nync, they might be playing shit down and planning a hotdrop
nizar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5506 on: June 16, 2009, 10:10:30 AM

billymerc apparently got that info from nync, they might be playing shit down and planning a hotdrop

Yeah that is what I immediately thought when I saw all the information in jabber...  I mean it is a complete whimper if they just pull out.

Gone, nothing, fin.  I wanted a bit more kicking and screaming.
Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #5507 on: June 16, 2009, 10:53:59 AM

It doesn't surprise me whatsoever if it is true. AAA and friends have been propping Bob up for months, who can blame them for getting tired of coming to the rescue, after all its not their turf.

We've been having great fun with AAA, AAAC, ROL, Exe & friends in empire shooting the hell out of one another, but guess who never really made an appearance... thats right... good ol' BobKensudoku.

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #5508 on: June 16, 2009, 11:35:41 AM

Yeah that is what I immediately thought when I saw all the information in jabber...  I mean it is a complete whimper if they just pull out.

Gone, nothing, fin.  I wanted a bit more kicking and screaming.
This is the way the war ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #5509 on: June 16, 2009, 11:38:48 AM

Id like to know where they are evacuating to (or will try to evacuate to). Might be some tasty things in the cargoholds of the band of refugees.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #5510 on: June 16, 2009, 11:44:16 AM

I don't think Kenny will even try defending 49- when the attack hits.

I don't think they had any choice, if they had fought for their last station and lost, it would have shattered what remained of their ego.  This way they can pretend they didn't want 49- anyway, form ~wolf packs~ and seek out ~good fights~.

The dev spawning cheating dipsticks deserve this whimper of an ending.
Pax
Terracotta Army

Reply #5511 on: June 16, 2009, 12:18:16 PM

Originally by: Sir Molle
Vacate your stuff.
As it is, we are playing the sacrificial lamb the whole time, we're not doing that anymore.
Pull your stuff out from 49- and Delve. Thats the standing orders. Place it safely somewhere. and we'll work from there.
Expect no ops posted for a week.

Mia san de Borg. Aichan Widastaund keannt's aich ind' Hoar schmian.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #5512 on: June 16, 2009, 12:28:47 PM

F me! I might have to get back to suicide ganking, catch some rich dumb Bob fuck moving his X-type collection up to Jita :) muahahah

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #5513 on: June 16, 2009, 12:29:57 PM

As it is, we are playing the sacrificial lamb the whole time, we're not doing that anymore.

I didn't know there was a sacrificial lamb in chess.  This shit goes deep!
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #5514 on: June 16, 2009, 12:43:39 PM

form ~wolf packs~ and seek out ~good fights~.
Thats probably the only way they can ever become some sort of powerhouse again after they leave this theatre. If they can shed their dead weight and somehow morph into 'the most fun elite pvp outfit to hang out with' like they themselves, the MC, TRI and PL once were, they may attrack a sufficient quality of players again to become something other than the grumpy old men club they seem to have evolved in.

I won't be holding my breath.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5515 on: June 16, 2009, 12:55:04 PM

I feel like that scene from the last MASH movie where it was announced the WAR IS OVER but everyone's in the operating theater and nothing really stops, it just winds down to a goodbye sign to the departing (Kenzuko) choppers.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #5516 on: June 16, 2009, 01:09:31 PM

Where are they now?

Aeternus
Aftermath Alliance
Anarchy Empire
Axiom Empire
Band of Brothers
Beachboys
Blade.
Burning Souls
Confederation Of Independent Corporations
Corelum Syndicate
Cult Of War
Dark Nebula Galactic Empire
D-L
Digital Renegades
Egg Empire
Executive Outcomes
Exuro Mortis
Fallen Souls
Fatal Alliance
Firmus Ixion
Frontal Impact
Gods Of Night and Day
Goodfellas
Gunboat Diplomacy
HUN Reloaded
Interdiction
Interstellar Stabase Syndicate
KenZoku
M. Pire
Mercenary Coalition
Miners With Attitude
Pupule 'Ohana
Red Moon Federation
Rigor Mortis Mortalis
Rise
R.U.R.
Skunk-Works
Southern Connection
Southern Cross Alliance
Sparta Alliance
Storm Armada
Strip Mining Club
STYX.
Tercios
Terror In The System
The Church
The Five
The Sphere Confederation
T o r m e n t u m
Vigilance Infinitas
YouWhat
X13 Alliance
Xelas Alliance

Along with various corps like Cardshark Influence, Rytiri Lva, Grumpy Old Farts etc.
Some of them still exist of course. The war is not over until 49 is seized I suppose.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 01:13:38 PM by Meester »
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #5517 on: June 16, 2009, 01:24:37 PM

I don't know but that has got to be a really old list.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5518 on: June 16, 2009, 01:26:51 PM

The Prophecy of Sivar

There shall come a time when one who has the Heart of a Kilrathi, but is not Kilrathi born, shall rain cleansing fire down upon us. And then Kn'thrack, a time of great darkness, shall embrace us. "

"Death itself shall pour forth, obscuring the stars in a veil of darkness.
Theirs is is the claw that tears flesh from bone.
Theirs is the poisoned fang.

Their number shall render the universe barren and crush the breath from our clans. We shall be bathed in our own blood and rotted flesh shall be our fare."

With a deafening thunder shall the dark age begin.

Just something, from the intro from Wing Commander Prophecy, that's been running through my head today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL3Fi5reXBw

The other thing is the word "Pathetic"
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 03:19:38 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #5519 on: June 16, 2009, 01:46:18 PM

I don't know but that has got to be a really old list.

Just shows the GBC/GKC/former BoB allies from the start of their intervention against the Redswarm Federation attacking Lotka Volterra to now. As far as I know its pretty accurate. Speaking of old, I decided to see what was on the current halfway page (pg 79) in this war thread and saw this there - http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=855047.

If I recall there was a speedier version somewhere with some better music to accompany it (might be a slightly shorter version).
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #5520 on: June 16, 2009, 01:54:47 PM

Wow does this mean the end of this thread?
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #5521 on: June 16, 2009, 02:07:54 PM

KenZoku still hold 49. It might just be an elaborate hoax and 10,000 KenZoku capital ships will rain down and take apart the Goon empire. Might mean the end of the thread if the coalition take 49. Predictions for new thread titles include Stain Wars, The Battle For Catch and Triumvirate: Part Trois.  awesome, for real
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #5522 on: June 16, 2009, 02:08:37 PM

Just shows the GBC/GKC/former BoB allies from the start of their intervention against the Redswarm Federation attacking Lotka Volterra to now.
Ah ok, I assumed it was a current list of abandoned pets Kenzoku left in their wake.
Goons and co really should set up a shelter for them poor creatures, some sort of petting zoo perhaps. Querious comes to mind.

It's more like the villain that gets defeated in a soap opera. He might make the occasional cameo later on but as for now no plotlines involve him anymore, there is only new and exiting drama to fill the void he left.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 02:20:28 PM by lac »
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5523 on: June 16, 2009, 02:10:47 PM

The Prophecy of Sivar

Quite uncanny that.

I'm sure there will be wars. SirMolle isn't deleting his account just yet. RA and Co are having a tough war vs ATLAS and Co. Tri mark VII will rise again at some point. PL will kill lots of goons in Delve. Drama will occur in Goonswarm and the day may well come when the heart of Goonswarm is broken, just as BoB's was.

The 2nd Great Eve War looks to be over.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #5524 on: June 16, 2009, 02:15:08 PM

It's been a good 158 pages and 218882 views.

The old villain may be gone, but a new one has arisen. Goons have some, er, interesting ideas of what to do next.  I think we'll be every bit as hated as BoB was, but for different reasons, and one day another will rise to take their turn in evetopia Delve.

Either that or Delve will be nerfed and good.  That seems equally likely.

Witty banter not included.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #5525 on: June 16, 2009, 02:15:11 PM

Goons and co really should set up a shelter for them poor creatures, some sort of petting zoo perhaps.

It's called Atlas alliance.
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #5526 on: June 16, 2009, 02:37:34 PM

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #5527 on: June 16, 2009, 03:03:27 PM

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5528 on: June 16, 2009, 03:06:55 PM

As one of the (several) people in this thread who's been in this fight for quite a while, I'll not pop the champagne yet chez Endie.

But this has been one hell of a ride.  Three times over the last few years, I've thought that we (Goons) were on the edge of losing.  But it looks like we may soon need a new story.  I seriously cannot wait to see what will develop over the next few months.  I'd guess that it will involve Etherium Reach, but I have no idea who will be on what side against whom.  But whether it's in this thread or a new one, I'll bet it's not that long before we read a post that starts:

"So it looks like eve has the start of a massive war on its hands. "

Twitter - Endieposts

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #5529 on: June 16, 2009, 03:34:09 PM

Because having read Joe's article in The Escapist, I think it is unlikely I will continue to give CCP my money.  Which is sad, because Gotterdamring should be a pretty good time in a PvP game.

Oh, I agree: I cancelled my accounts, and the second one runs out next week.  But I'd resub to the end of this war just to help take down the devs' pet corp.
awesome, for real

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: