Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 05:48:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1969389 times)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #2590 on: June 23, 2008, 11:52:48 AM

Large but useless drone region alliance who had done something to annoy the Russians.

Basically they had either:
-A few good moons.
-A decent place to build supercaps.

Since its drone regions I would guess the latter, but I don't know anyone in Ka-Tet and there hasn't been much noise about their destruction beyond a general "meh" on the boards.  Propoganda that RSF is just removing those unworthy of holding space from 0.0 continues unabaited I'm sure, in fact I bet there are plenty of goons dumb enough to believe it.  While the great red satan continues to gobble up more and more of the high end 0.0 infrastructure that is only really needed to make more supercaps..

As I have long predicted, only BoB can save the eve universe from a truly awful fate, being run by fucking Russians.

Plus side, at least they have the redeeming quality of playing great futbol these days.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2591 on: June 23, 2008, 01:05:33 PM

Welcome to Eve.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #2592 on: June 25, 2008, 07:48:04 AM

As I have long predicted, only BoB can save the eve universe from a truly awful fate, being run by fucking Russians.
Just wait until they reveal max tomorrow. A quarterpounder with cheese will pale in comparison.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2593 on: June 25, 2008, 10:36:52 AM

When BoB gets bored, they do it in style.

There's a 200 man BoB gang flying solely assault frigates spotted in e8-y.

The entire gang. In AFs.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #2594 on: June 25, 2008, 10:42:51 AM

So you mean bored of doing that in motherships? :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2595 on: June 25, 2008, 11:02:14 AM

The entire gang. In AFs.

They did that against us during (I think - it all blurs a bit) the Querious campaign, on a cynojammer op.  It was a failure, but a gloriously hilarious one, to be fair.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2596 on: June 25, 2008, 09:30:08 PM

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2597 on: June 25, 2008, 09:54:58 PM

This just in:

Stay tuned; there will be a formal announcement on Friday.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 09:57:58 PM by bhodi »
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #2598 on: June 25, 2008, 10:43:55 PM

Poor carebears awesome, for real
Dallan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2599 on: June 28, 2008, 08:00:58 AM

The entire gang. In AFs.

They did that against us during (I think - it all blurs a bit) the Querious campaign, on a cynojammer op.  It was a failure, but a gloriously hilarious one, to be fair.

Wasn't that actually against MC's TPAR jammer during the first Period Basis campaign? Though I suppose they might well have done it twice.

Also: MAX unveiled.

Quote from: NYTimes
At the barbecue Mr. Molen unveiled a new strategy called Max, for Maximum Damage. While most Eve campaigns center on taking and controlling regions of space, BOB’s new Maximum Damage doctrine focuses on simply pillaging and destroying the territories of others.

“Our goal is to control all of Eve,” Mr. Molen said in an interview over an Internet voice chat program. “It’s totally impossible to claim all of Eve physically. But it’s possible to control the people. It’s possible to control the alliances, be it by economic means or fighting means or political means. That was the goal and that is the goal.”

Given everything they were saying about it pre-BBQ, I was expecting something a bit more novel than making a global doctrine out of EC-P8R style "lockdown, purge the system, leave, trust fear to keep them in line" attacks. Not to mention that the dplomatic situation that let EC-P8R actually succeed at the time doesn't really exist anymore.
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #2600 on: June 28, 2008, 02:48:30 PM

It wasn't TPAR, but it was against MC. We didn't took cynojammer down that time due to people not having enough assault frigs, but it was spectacularly fun and quite successful (we won like 4 battles against MC and died to doomsday that came literally in last second (it went boom same second as large bubble:D).

Regarding MAX, is more like "that will make those pussies finally give us cap fights" idea than galaxy domination plan. If you don't like someone and happen to know where (s)he is building titan(s)/mothership(s), PM me;-)
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2601 on: June 28, 2008, 03:49:42 PM

The Max thing isn't a bad idea.  Bob and the Goons both discovered in the last 18 months that long, grinding wars of occupation drive off members and lower participation amongst the remainder.  why not just turn up, force engagements by finding what the enemy cannot afford to lose, and then go in search of the next fight?

Twitter - Endieposts

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2602 on: June 28, 2008, 05:32:09 PM

Yeah, exploding outposts are a GREAT idea......   ACK!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2603 on: June 29, 2008, 10:28:44 AM

Yeah, exploding outposts are a GREAT idea......   ACK!

This isn't the exploding outposts thread, Pezzle.  That's over there (and Jade got knocked back by the devs on that one anyway  awesome, for real).

I'm no fan of Bob, as everyone here knows, but forcing an angagement by attacking what your target cannot afford not to defend is smart: it's also a classic counter-insurgency tactic in asymmetric warfare (though it doesn't always work: viz. Bannockburn...).

Twitter - Endieposts

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2604 on: June 29, 2008, 01:39:09 PM

The Max thing isn't a bad idea.  Bob and the Goons both discovered in the last 18 months that long, grinding wars of occupation drive off members and lower participation amongst the remainder.  why not just turn up, force engagements by finding what the enemy cannot afford to lose, and then go in search of the next fight?

That was the TRI way, we were called paper tigers for doing this.

At the same time, the only thing our guys really cared to commit to was roaming and fucking people up. POS warfare wasn't our gig, and it showed (though when you got to meet a real TRI sniper fleet you probably were coming back in a pod).

I'm glad to see more groups are realizing this.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2605 on: June 29, 2008, 03:54:50 PM

I hope they do some house cleaning before this thing kicks off. The GBC has gotten fat. Certain alliances (I won't name) have been mass recruiting carebears during the break.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #2606 on: June 29, 2008, 04:41:54 PM

How is this any different from how Bob conducted most of the war? Ignoring strategic targets for killboard stats is what it boils down to.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 11:23:18 PM by Phred »
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #2607 on: June 29, 2008, 11:21:06 PM

How is this any different from how Bob conducted most of the war? Ignoring strategic targets for billboard stats is what it boils down to.

I think they are trying to aim at 'ignoring everything but strategic targets'.
What it boils down to is that they want to spend most their time shooting people instead of posses. Can't blame them.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2608 on: June 30, 2008, 01:49:30 PM

dead titan

Edit: fixed link, I hope
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 02:00:57 PM by Phildo »
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2609 on: June 30, 2008, 02:11:24 PM

Who are  The Requiem and does this mean every 2 bit alliance now has a Titan these days?

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2610 on: June 30, 2008, 02:34:38 PM

The Requiem are some of the remnants of Triumverate, MC and Insurgency (I think) who decided that hotdropping TCF in Curse with a titan was a good plan

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2611 on: July 01, 2008, 03:00:13 AM

Game-Over are ex-shinra guys who's only claim to fame is that they were directors back when everyone in shinra was a director. They couldn't be directors in RKK so they formed GAME-OVER just before shinra unmerged. (The whole RKK merger was Nebba Kenezzers idea though.) After Shinra was reformed they told us that they had become big time eve celebrities, and couldn't be bothered to come back.

In GAME-OVER there is a guy named Tusal who runs some shitty company and likes to purchase ETCs. He bought Agmar (CEO of Game-Over) a mothership with ETC sales. We laughed at them for purchasing supercaps with RL money, and they reacted by trying to poach our members. A few of our shitty guys like Crice fell for their promises of free motherships/isk and signed up.   

Nebba Kenezzer also joined them after Tusal gave him a job with his company. Tusal quickly bought Nebba a titan with his ETC sales. Something happened after that though, and Tusal told them that he wouldn't give them anything else. So Nebba went to everyone he knew trying to borrow money. He even asked Shinra members for money. I think he managed to borrow some from a few BoB members, but didn't get enough to fully fit the titan. I guess he just decided to tech 2 fit it in the end. 

It must have been funny when Agmar called Nebba to let him know that he lost the titan.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2612 on: July 01, 2008, 05:14:44 AM

We had a RA carrier in Providence this morning.  ACK!

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2613 on: July 01, 2008, 10:07:39 AM

They are coming for your moons.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2614 on: July 01, 2008, 10:37:59 AM

They are coming for your moons.
a
In Providence?  Frankly, they only have to ask.  If Cobalt and Atmospheric Gases really matter that much to them then they are in dire straits indeed.

Twitter - Endieposts

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #2615 on: July 01, 2008, 12:18:18 PM

For our moons?  Hahahahahahahahaha.  Yeah, ok.  Cobalt, Silicates, Atmospherics, good luck.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2616 on: July 04, 2008, 04:00:35 PM

Roadkill are supposed to have reset SMASH and stolen Peoke's titan, but it looks suspiciously like a prank to me.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2617 on: July 06, 2008, 01:49:43 PM

Apparently three of the major corps in The Requiem have left the alliance today.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2618 on: July 06, 2008, 03:45:27 PM

Apparently three of the major corps in The Requiem have left the alliance today.

Yeah well, our five-hour scamper round their territory must have broken the back of their morale...  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Twitter - Endieposts

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2619 on: July 06, 2008, 07:18:29 PM

So, Stain Empire (SE), a merry band of poopsocking russians, recently upgraded their annoying "let's camp goonswarm's travel pipes 24/7" campaign while we've been in geminate and has been reinforcing PoSes around the southern stain area. A few days ago, they brought 20 caps and an 80 man BS fleet to reinforce one of our jumpbridge PoSes.

Needless to say, if this jump bridge went down it would cut the "Jewper Highway", our jumpbridge network, in half - seriously messing up our logistics. We *had* to save this PoS, we expected SE to bring everything they had, and so we formed up to defend it this afternoon.

We get a fleet of around 100 versus stain's 150. Things are looking good, when suddenly...  A CHALLENGER APPEARS!

We now know the target of BoB's new "MAX" campaign - us. BoB and friends (Exceed) bring 150 battleships and 50 support to bolster SE's 150 battleships. We're heavily outnumbered and things are looking grim... and then TCF appears with their own fleet and caps!

We're still outnumbered in subcapitals by 2:1 but we now have capitals on grid and the PoS defense advantage.

The battle is joined when they warp on grid. The fighters and the PoS guns get a majority of the kills as everyone has 4 minute module lag. We lose a few ships but the battle does not go well for the attacker. They withdrawl and regroup leaving a mass of wrecks. They come back in several minutes later before retreating a second time.

We manage to rep the PoS shields above 50% and restront it just as they come in with a third wave. The lag is much more manageable at this point, and their fleet is severely diminished - they have no more than 50-60 battleships on grid and they are about 250km out. Because of the wrecks everywhere, our dictors have an easy time warping into them and they are quickly bubbled. Fighters, drones, and PoS guns quickly make short work of them and only a handful get out alive.

The remnants of the attacking fleet flees the system to cries of "fofofo" in local, leaving only slowly twisting wreckage...

« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 07:27:21 PM by bhodi »
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2620 on: July 06, 2008, 07:24:12 PM

Nice writeup.
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2621 on: July 06, 2008, 07:33:29 PM

We now know the target of BoB's new "MAX" campaign - us. BoB and friends (Exceed) bring 150 battleships and 50 support to bolster SE's 150 battleships.

MAX hasn't even kicked off yet. How could you know the target?

I know who the target is though!

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2622 on: July 06, 2008, 07:40:23 PM

Well, Stain Empire suddenly going on the offensive and trying to break our jump bridge network 3 days before your kick off, plus a 200 man BoB fleet on-site could just be coincidental...
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2623 on: July 06, 2008, 07:45:52 PM

Well, Stain Empire suddenly going on the offensive and trying to break our jump bridge network 3 days before your kick off, plus a 200 man BoB fleet on-site could just be coincidental...

Tinfoil Hat

lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #2624 on: July 06, 2008, 10:35:46 PM

BoB going on a tour of the south would be funny considering PL has been making preparation to GTFO of Fountain at the first sign of trouble.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: