Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 05:44:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Bat Country Live Server: Gate of Madness 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Poll
Question: Should Bat Country stay on Fort Aspenwood or find a low population server?
Stay on Fort Aspenwood. - 5 (12.5%)
Find a low population server. - 12 (30%)
I don't care, either is fine. - 16 (40%)
I don't care, I am not going to WvW with BC - 7 (17.5%)
Total Voters: 40

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bat Country Live Server: Gate of Madness  (Read 50736 times)
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: August 13, 2012, 08:31:42 AM

Does the official guild leader of Bat Country actually DO anything other than make the guild?

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: August 13, 2012, 09:04:10 AM

Assign where the points are allocated.  It may be possible to give others permission for that, though.  If so, it's mostly a ceremonial head and point of contact.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #72 on: August 13, 2012, 09:07:17 AM

Plan out the guild perks, invite people, keep guild chat from melting down, choose the emblems(which suck).  Its a shit job, no doubt.  Server selection will be the biggest decision which is why I kicked off the discussion early.

Really all I give a shit about is WvWing with f13ers.  Going to any of the big name WvW Servers is going to mean big queues and lock outs making it hard to RVR together.  So any server but GoM,CD,FA,DH is good with me.  SoS would also be out since it is going to packed with Oceanic players.  

EvE BC has ties to Goons.  I have no problem choosing their server.

"Me am play gods"
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #73 on: August 13, 2012, 09:09:14 AM

Plan out the guild perks, invite people, keep guild chat from melting down, choose the emblems(which suck).  Its a shit job, no doubt.  Server selection will be the biggest decision which is why I kicked off the discussion early.

Really all I give a shit about is WvWing with f13ers.  Going to any of the big name WvW Servers is going to mean big queues and lock outs making it hard to RVR together.  So any server but GoM,CD,FA,DH is good with me.  SoS would also be out since it is going to packed with Oceanic players.  

EvE BC has ties to Goons.  I have no problem choosing their server.

SoS with Oceanics? Think of the latencies!!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #74 on: August 13, 2012, 09:29:34 AM

Does the official guild leader of Bat Country actually DO anything other than make the guild?

Take crap from everyone.  When leading a guild that's doomed to break up rather early and do nothing but disappoint, you have to listen to a lot of griping.  The Rift experience was kind of interesting.   

Not sure I'd want to go to a server hosting a huge population from some giant internet establishment, but, whatever, I'm flexible.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 09:31:55 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: August 13, 2012, 11:03:53 AM

Yeah, I'm not really wanting to be anywhere any of the super zerg guilds are.  I'd rather be able to actually get int WvWvW without a queue.  I'm also not a fan of the huge crowds I was seeing at events when I was on Fort Aspenwood.  Seemed like things were getting hard to complete either due to difficulty or too many people after too few resources.   I'm only going to use the bat country server as a suggestion though, since I've got other people I need to get on the same server with also.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: August 13, 2012, 11:45:13 AM

Since my WoT clan is way more interested in Mechwarrior than this, BC will likely be main guild for launch.  While I don't want to be on one of the main zerg servers I hope we end up somewhere with a decentish population so I can find a guild to hang out with when BC turns into a ghost town.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: August 13, 2012, 12:32:54 PM

Large but not superguild seems like it would be a good idea. Heck, even that random server the mole on the last page was shilling might be worth looking into if there's actually a concerted community effort to get dedicated players there.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: August 13, 2012, 12:48:00 PM

Assign where the points are allocated.  It may be possible to give others permission for that, though.  If so, it's mostly a ceremonial head and point of contact.

You can give permissions for that for sure, the server selection will be the biggest PitA as no matter what is chosen, someone will complain.

I'd head it up, but my playtime makes Sky look like a powergamer  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: August 13, 2012, 06:29:02 PM

I think the sweet spot for server selection is: "Avoiding the super zerg guilds (Reddit Test / 4chan / goons), but with a good stable of  other guilds, especially WvW guilds."

But if it was a choice between random nothing and random zerged server, I'd choose the zerg any day. The odds are pretty good that past launch month, zones will drop in population dramatically. So not too crowded can quickly become barren.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: August 13, 2012, 11:43:12 PM

I think the sweet spot for server selection is: "Avoiding the super zerg guilds (Reddit Test / 4chan / goons), but with a good stable of  other guilds, especially WvW guilds."

But if it was a choice between random nothing and random zerged server, I'd choose the zerg any day. The odds are pretty good that past launch month, zones will drop in population dramatically. So not too crowded can quickly become barren.

^^^^ This. I'm thinking being on the #4 or #5 server could be the ideal place to be.

Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: August 13, 2012, 11:55:04 PM

My RL friend want's to join friends in a guild on Gates of Madness which sounds like it fits the bill fine. No large message board guilds but a lot of interest appearantly.
http://www.gw2guilds.org/guilds/us/gate-of-madness

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #82 on: August 14, 2012, 05:52:09 AM

See the power of the bandwagon...

"Me am play gods"
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #83 on: August 14, 2012, 06:55:43 AM

I'd suggest just picking any server. Within a month or two, people will be shifted to where they want to be anyway - even if they have to pay to transfer. And really, those that pay to transfer will most likely be sticking with the game whereas the rest will fall out or only dabble for the ha ha's.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: August 14, 2012, 07:10:49 AM

Are guilds server specific?  Do I earn guild points if I'm on a different server (as guest or permanent transfer) and if I'm in a guild with a bank and all the other snazzy perks, do I have access to them only on the server the guild was started on or are they accessible from any server?
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: August 14, 2012, 10:04:05 AM

Guilds are not server specific, at least for the chat channel.  I unfortunately did zero testing on if any of the guild perks work cross server.  I have a sneaking suspicion they don't, but given that the auction house is global, it's not impossible.
nurtsi
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: August 14, 2012, 12:58:42 PM

Is there a split between US & EU regions? Does guild chat work between EU/US if it is not server specific?
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: August 14, 2012, 10:04:45 PM

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/49312-switching-servers-at-no-cost-on-release/

So you know, we'll have to keep a close eye on when that window ends, but it is not the end of the world if we pick poorly.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #88 on: August 15, 2012, 09:26:39 AM

That's...

Pretty smart. Unless you miss the memo and don't move with the rest of your guild, but that's more of a social problem than a technical one.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #89 on: August 17, 2012, 07:34:09 AM

Maguuma. Play along side the goons instead of against them.
Taz mentioned my thought, it worked ok in Eve...
I'd head it up, but my playtime makes Sky look like a powergamer  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
I'm torn on this one. I wish I hadn't pre-ordered, as I like the game but I'll be in mini painting mode when it releases. The no-sub part is cool, but yeah, imagine me with drastically less play-time than I already put in, heh. It'll take me a year to get my box cost out of it!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 07:36:55 AM by Sky »
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #90 on: August 17, 2012, 08:27:53 AM

Maguuma looks empty except for the Goons.
Tarnashed Coast look like it will have a large amount of small guilds.

I say Maguunma and force Way to be the leader. Personally I find Goons amusing and fun allies to have. I know Goons are a mega guild but doubt they can fill up a whole server by themselves.

"Me am play gods"
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #91 on: August 17, 2012, 08:32:20 AM

Famous last words.

-Rasix
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #92 on: August 17, 2012, 08:33:48 AM

Oh ye of little faith. (taz) Of course they can.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #93 on: August 17, 2012, 08:39:39 AM

Maybe if they all leave EvE for GW2... which would be hilarious.

Well the game is a week away something needs to be decided.

"Me am play gods"
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: August 17, 2012, 09:02:03 AM

Except server transfers will be free for at least a short while so something can be settled on later.

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: August 17, 2012, 09:18:59 AM

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-world-of-choice-the-regions-of-guild-wars-2/

Notes on server selection, world regions, and an important side note that guesting will not be in at launch.  If you want to play with people from other guilds, for the time being, you need to wrangle them all onto the same server.  This is a pretty big pain point for me *shakes fist at all you filthy euros*
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: August 17, 2012, 10:06:50 AM

Well then.  Join me or not.  My guild of three has at least made a decision. tongue

I'll be on Sorrow's Furnace.

Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: August 17, 2012, 12:38:57 PM

Maguuma looks empty except for the Goons.
Tarnashed Coast look like it will have a large amount of small guilds.

I say Maguunma and force Way to be the leader. Personally I find Goons amusing and fun allies to have. I know Goons are a mega guild but doubt they can fill up a whole server by themselves.

Ya most of the posts I see saying to avoid the goons come from people who played against them in Eve I think. Because really you can't have a better ally on your side than Goons in Eve and a tiny bit of reading or talking to their allies will back that up. Goon allies get lavished with perks, unlike traditional Alliances in Eve who get totally exploited by their allies. Case in point, Spacemonkey's Alliance. Anyone else taking over the space they occupied would probably have booted them out very quickly but Goons encouraged them to build up and get stronger, helping them with cash and tech moons.

Anyway, my point is take anything you hear about the goons from a former enemy with a grain of salt.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #98 on: August 17, 2012, 01:00:28 PM

From another angle: why /wouldn't/ we want to be on the goon's server?
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: August 17, 2012, 01:26:07 PM

Ya their reputation might keep the server population down heh.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: August 17, 2012, 01:35:33 PM

And it should only affect wvw since everything else should be fine with overflow shards (hopefully)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #101 on: August 17, 2012, 02:20:51 PM

Well right, but since WvW is the only thing really affected by server population, it should really be the only factor you're counting in when deciding on a server.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: August 17, 2012, 03:13:34 PM

I'm sure goons will find new and creative ways of griefing their realm mates which is why I'd never touch their server with a 100' pole.

Over and out.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #103 on: August 17, 2012, 03:32:04 PM

Goons are such notorious griefers because griefing is specifically sanctioned in EvE.

"Me am play gods"
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: August 17, 2012, 03:41:24 PM

I seem to remember goons had a reputation for griefing before Eve.

Over and out.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Bat Country Live Server: Gate of Madness  
Jump to: