Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:47:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Bat Country Live Server: Gate of Madness 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Poll
Question: Should Bat Country stay on Fort Aspenwood or find a low population server?
Stay on Fort Aspenwood. - 5 (12.5%)
Find a low population server. - 12 (30%)
I don't care, either is fine. - 16 (40%)
I don't care, I am not going to WvW with BC - 7 (17.5%)
Total Voters: 40

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bat Country Live Server: Gate of Madness  (Read 49622 times)
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: August 20, 2012, 11:29:43 AM

I think it seems pretty clear lots of people are rolling with other guilds, so if the BC guild is just a "quick lookup to see who's doing what", then that's what it is.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #141 on: August 20, 2012, 11:36:58 AM

Bat Country in WAR died during server merges as well.

"Me am play gods"
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: August 20, 2012, 11:42:18 AM

Maguuma is fine by me, if it turns out to be a bad choice server transfer at launch doesn't seem too painful.  
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 12:11:07 PM by Tmon »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #143 on: August 20, 2012, 11:48:19 AM

Look how well it worked in TOR, we had a server pre-chosen, no confusion at all.

Until they shut it down. Details.

Technically we didn't choose anything in SWTOR.  tongue

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: August 20, 2012, 12:03:34 PM

Bat Country in WAR died during server merges as well.

But Bat Country in SWToR was dead long before the server merges.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: August 20, 2012, 12:33:38 PM

I figure if nothing else, we can liberally copy Falc's TSW roster so people see where everyone is.  Then we can at least have little clusters of perks for those on the same servers.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: August 20, 2012, 12:42:00 PM

Well I have decided I will be making Bat Country on Maguuma, Way will be leader if he wishes otherwise I will be leader by default again.  Can't make everyone happy, but a decision has to be made and Maguuma seem to have the most favorable reaction.  Please send all hate mail to Zombie Signe.

That influence/guild perks tied servers seems pretty lame.  Not up to their usual level of "freedom" with design choices. Hopefully it is a back end limitation that with fixed later.

That's the server the Goons will be on correct? Guess I won't be on BC's home server then. I have no interest in playing with them.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: August 20, 2012, 12:48:15 PM

That's the server the Goons will be on correct? Guess I won't be on BC's home server then. I have no interest in playing with them.

I'm with you.  Zero interest in playing with the Goons.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: August 20, 2012, 12:59:14 PM

Also, where is everyone getting the information about what guild(s) are on what servers? That could be helpful to me.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: August 20, 2012, 01:04:43 PM

http://www.gw2guilds.org/ is pretty good... there are also some posts on guildwars2guru.com's forums.

e: my guild is still undecided, but we're trying to avoid servers that have too many uberguilds and/or major intarweb communities (this includes goons); it's probably also a good idea to select at least one 'fallback' server in case the main one gets swamped or locked down during the (pre)launch rush.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 01:08:56 PM by Zetor »

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #150 on: August 20, 2012, 01:16:36 PM

http://www.asuralabs.com/serverPoll.php

Thought this one was interesting too.

"Me am play gods"
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: August 20, 2012, 01:19:48 PM

It looks like I will try for Tarnished Coast. I tend to go where the RPers are even if I rarely RP. If nothing else it cuts down on seeing player names like URDUMASSHAHA

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: August 20, 2012, 01:24:06 PM

I'm normally an advocate of playing on RP servers, but chances are high the RPers are going to be hideously bad at WvW.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: August 20, 2012, 01:29:19 PM

I'm normally an advocate of playing on RP servers, but chances are high the RPers are going to be hideously bad at WvW.

Probably but I will likely do a lot less WvW than you guys anyway. My general role in any kind of PvP is "Target who occasionally lucks into a kill."

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: August 20, 2012, 01:29:28 PM

Yea, the RP server is high on our list too. We've played on RP servers in every mmo since WOW, even though we haven't really RP'd since swg -- like Riggswolfe said, playing on RP servers *generally* has more people that can speak in complete sentences, and it's usually easy to isolate any potential Moon Guard Goldshire situations.  why so serious?

The WvW thing is definitely something to look out for, but after a few weeks/months, the leaderboard will settle -- in case the WvWers are *really* that bad, the server will be paired with similarly bad servers so it'll be happy funtime incompetent shenanigans all around!

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: August 20, 2012, 01:29:47 PM

Yeah, but theoretically that just means they'll be triangled up with two other hideously bad WvWvW servers eventually, no?  So you have the chance to be a big fish in a really bad pond!

Over and out.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: August 20, 2012, 01:30:27 PM

I'm aware of the Goons' reputation, but why so much aversion to being on their server specifically?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: August 20, 2012, 01:31:41 PM

Yeah, but theoretically that just means they'll be triangled up with two other hideously bad WvWvW servers eventually, no?  So you have the chance to be a big fish in a really bad pond!

There's some merit to this, yeah. WoW battlegrounds in the mostly-RP-server battlegroup were pretty hilarious that way.

EDIT: Another plus is that Tarnished Coast looks to be high population if guild counts are anything to go off of, so that means more zergs in WvW probably. (If you consider that a plus, I always liked the huge LOLzerg a lot more than grr serious business squad RVR in DAOC.)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 01:33:17 PM by Ingmar »

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: August 20, 2012, 01:35:45 PM

I'm aware of the Goons' reputation, but why so much aversion to being on their server specifically?
Massive overpopulation fears (and server becoming locked on day 2) was the big thing for my guild... and yeah, the griefing bit. It's true that GW2 isn't REALLY griefer-friendly, but wvw has plenty of opportunitions*-- and that's where server choice matters the most, after all.

Aside: there's a guild called 'Gaiscioch' on Sanctum of Rall that has like 3000 members (and their website seems to confirm that they indeed have that many, though probably not all will buy GW2)... isn't that a server population by itself?

* This was a typo of 'opportunities', but now it looks like a portmanteau of 'opportunities' and 'munition', so ha!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 01:39:18 PM by Zetor »

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: August 20, 2012, 02:34:29 PM

It's like this. I could live in gang territory and I might not have problems. Or I could live elsewhere and reduce my likelihood of problems significantly. I did a lot of google reading about those guys and they're the exact type of player I do my best to avoid.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: August 20, 2012, 02:38:20 PM

Even setting aside the griefing and such, the presence of a giant organized group that institutionally approves of tossing racial/sexual slurs around makes it basically a no-sale for me, by itself.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: August 20, 2012, 06:08:37 PM

Maguuma is fine by me, if it turns out to be a bad choice server transfer at launch doesn't seem too painful.  
I agree.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #162 on: August 20, 2012, 06:35:19 PM

Ohhhhh, I see.

Don't worry, we'll have non-goon option as well.  I think this might be the best way to handle things, because the folks that are saying Meguuma are going there regardless of any f13 opinion.  Hopefully I can coordinate with another sizeable population so fall backs are in place for the inevitable 75% wandering off to go play the new WoW xpac.  Weak willed sonsofbitches.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 06:37:20 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: August 20, 2012, 06:38:12 PM

I'm looking forward to the enivitable dance party in one of the WvW zones.

statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: August 20, 2012, 06:43:10 PM

Even setting aside the griefing and such, the presence of a giant organized group that institutionally approves of tossing racial/sexual slurs around makes it basically a no-sale for me, by itself.

Yeah, it's basically irrelevant to me, since I'm rolling with Reddit, but Tarnished Coast does seem like a good suggestion that fits all criteria.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #165 on: August 20, 2012, 07:44:26 PM

In every beta weekend so far Tarnished Coast did very well in WvW. It had one of the better win percentages I believe. If that counts for anything.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #166 on: August 20, 2012, 08:50:36 PM

"Me am play gods"
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: August 20, 2012, 08:57:02 PM

Oh god dammit, my other guild was pondering black gate.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: August 20, 2012, 09:53:28 PM

Damn so was my guild
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: August 20, 2012, 10:31:02 PM

ROFL

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: August 21, 2012, 05:40:40 AM

Looks like they aren't going with blackgate now:

"I would like to thank everyone for the feedback regarding Goonsquad server selection. While our official vote will take place tomorrow night, It will be my position that Blackgate should not be considered.

Thank god
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #171 on: August 21, 2012, 09:15:49 AM

Apparently 4chan is going to TC to fuck with rpers.
Plus TC is looking pretty big now.
Do the anti-goon folks have an other server ideas?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 09:19:36 AM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: August 21, 2012, 09:49:44 AM

Blackgate is where my old Aion friends are playing.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: August 21, 2012, 10:29:56 AM

Lum's board is going to Jade Quarry which is mostly home to a bunch of old DAOC guilds I've heard.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: August 21, 2012, 10:30:54 AM

Lum's board is going to Jade Quarry which is mostly home to a bunch of old DAOC guilds I've heard.

Interesting... thanks for that.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Bat Country Live Server: Gate of Madness  
Jump to: