Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:15:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Bat Country Live Server: Gate of Madness 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Poll
Question: Should Bat Country stay on Fort Aspenwood or find a low population server?
Stay on Fort Aspenwood. - 5 (12.5%)
Find a low population server. - 12 (30%)
I don't care, either is fine. - 16 (40%)
I don't care, I am not going to WvW with BC - 7 (17.5%)
Total Voters: 40

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bat Country Live Server: Gate of Madness  (Read 48121 times)
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #35 on: August 03, 2012, 09:31:11 AM

At this point, I am leaning to Tarnished Coast. It looks like it a sizable population with a third being rp guilds.  Less queues, less assholes (besides us) and plenty of people to do Dynamic Events with.

"Me am play gods"
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: August 03, 2012, 11:07:35 AM

We don't have to pick between the two extremes, there's a happy medium between "barren wasteland" and "long ass pvp queues".

Why does it take so long for the fact that long ass pvp queuse were because of a  bug to sink in?

Ok well to simply things, having a queue at all is bad if we can go to a server without queues i am all for that.

I am the .00000001428%
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: August 03, 2012, 11:51:34 AM

We don't have to pick between the two extremes, there's a happy medium between "barren wasteland" and "long ass pvp queues".

Why does it take so long for the fact that long ass pvp queuse were because of a  bug to sink in?

Ok well to simply things, having a queue at all is bad if we can go to a server without queues i am all for that.

No queue at all (at any time) means that there aren't (even close to) a maximum amount of players for the wvwvw on the server. Sucks if there are on the other sides.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #38 on: August 03, 2012, 12:03:07 PM

In ELO we trust.

"Me am play gods"
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: August 03, 2012, 12:08:39 PM

Ya but at least it costs half as much to transfer off a crowded server to a light one than the other way around.
BTW I thought Shild said he'd be running BC in this game. (For the 2 weeks he plays)
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #40 on: August 03, 2012, 12:37:24 PM

I was hoping Sky will do it.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 01:50:59 PM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #41 on: August 03, 2012, 01:37:57 PM

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #42 on: August 03, 2012, 02:21:18 PM

Having a GL on different server with no interest in actually leading doesn't like a great idea.  Maybe Nerf's dog could be our leader.

"Me am play gods"
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: August 03, 2012, 04:35:35 PM

I'd have to agree.  Unless y'all go to my server, in which case odds pick up a bit.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: August 04, 2012, 01:00:29 PM

Do we really have enough people to make a go of having a guild?

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #45 on: August 04, 2012, 01:30:55 PM

We had 2 dozen people at one point. We could easily double that live.

I don't think there is a practical "if you don't have X amount of people you can't Y" that requires the guild to be a certain size.

"Me am play gods"
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: August 04, 2012, 03:24:26 PM

Not to mention this seems to be the single best implementation of guilding for f13 ever, because if someone actually plays more than 2 weeks they are in their friend's guild. Being able to represent f13 without a hassle and cross-server pve should be pretty awesome.
ghstninja
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: August 04, 2012, 07:31:26 PM

Hey Bat Country -- f13...

As you can see I'm new around these parts, but may I offer a suggestion for your guilds location: Blackgate (US)

At first glance you may say, hey.. there is hardly anyone on that server according to the guild homeworld lists. But speaking as a BLACKGATE insider, and conspirator --
I can comfortably say it will be a competitive US WvW server. Not to mention a lower populated server will provide a better latency experience;) ha. anyways.

Avoiding babble --- resources:

www.tinfoil-hat.org -- Tinfoil Hat Conspiracy (my guild, focusing on drunken WvW griefing / sPvP tourney style and of course end-game content/progression
www.epicguildwars2.com -- EPIC -- Highly focused on WvW with an international communtiy of 1,000+ -- we are actively in contact with them to make sure there are 24/7 WvW squads dedicated to keeping blackgate on top!
GG - Good Game
KO - Team KnockOut

and so many more are starting to surface, please reconsider your idea and think about Blackgate.

Please note, I'm not here to shamelessly plug these websites, even my own. I just want to extend an invitation to the Blackgate (US) community! If you need any assistance with creating a guild website for your guild I'd be more than happy to help you out. Any questions or comments.. please post.

Thanks for your time!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: August 04, 2012, 10:27:10 PM

This game is looking up for f13!
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: August 05, 2012, 04:01:34 AM

Hurrah, the guild website that we so desperately need!   Ohhhhh, I see.

Anyhow yeah, every server's going to lose half its population in a month, so don't go picking from the bottom of the barrel on release or you'll wind up in a wasteland in under eight weeks.  But do try to avoid a server that's going to be home for a huge self-sustaining community like SA, reddit, or 4ch.  There'll be more than enough people in those guilds to keep the WvW queued up entirely on their own, even months down the road.
schild
Administrator

Reply #50 on: August 05, 2012, 05:44:01 PM

I don't particularly want to lead the guild here due to my involvement in competitive Magic, but myself and the other will be playing pretty heavily.
WayAbvPar

Reply #51 on: August 09, 2012, 02:23:47 PM

Since I have decided to play, I will volunteer. I know nothing about the game, which should only enhance my leadership  awesome, for real

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: August 09, 2012, 04:18:17 PM

WAP for Guild Leader!

WayAbvPar

Reply #53 on: August 10, 2012, 09:04:02 AM

Believe me, you don't want me running the guild. I will disappear 3 weeks in- NHL and FIFA yearly updates hit in September!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: August 10, 2012, 10:12:45 AM

Which would be different from every other incarnation of Bat Country how... ?  why so serious?

Over and out.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #55 on: August 10, 2012, 10:17:14 AM

Which would be different from every other incarnation of Bat Country how... ?  why so serious?

You have a point.  awesome, for real

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: August 10, 2012, 11:07:14 AM

The Guild Leader is going to be whomever gets fed up with not having a BC, and makes it themselves, first. Grin

WayAbvPar

Reply #57 on: August 10, 2012, 11:29:12 AM

Can I be a guild leader and still play with another guild primarily?  awesome, for real I am going to run with the goons on Maguuma.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: August 10, 2012, 12:09:57 PM

Yes.  You can be a member of multiple guilds.  Whichever one you represent at the time is what gets credit for guild-thingies and which chat channel you use.  (Although a lot of people are asking to let us have multiple guild channels.  Eventually I expect it to be an option.)

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: August 12, 2012, 11:20:25 AM

So what is the official decision on Bat Country's server for live? I broke down and preordered. There were a lot of things about this game I thought were only so-so but they did enough I decided to give it a chance and since I'm not out a sub fee I figured what the hell.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: August 12, 2012, 11:30:42 AM

The actual decision is:  Undecided.

Lantyssa:  Sorrow's Furnace

Tazelbain:  leaning towards Tarnished Coast

PvP-lovers:  elsewhere

Everyone else:  Huh

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: August 12, 2012, 11:49:20 AM

The actual decision is:  Undecided.

Lantyssa:  Sorrow's Furnace

Tazelbain:  leaning towards Tarnished Coast

PvP-lovers:  elsewhere

Everyone else:  Huh

No biggy. GW2 will be my "I don't want to play Secret World or Lotro today" game anyway. I'll try to keep an eye on things. No one I know outside of f13 is playing the game except my wife which is why I asked.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
WayAbvPar

Reply #62 on: August 12, 2012, 12:50:29 PM

Maguuma. Play along side the goons instead of against them.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #63 on: August 12, 2012, 04:02:51 PM

It'll probably be pretty easy to move servers I'm guessing?
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: August 12, 2012, 04:08:54 PM

The only difference a server picks is who you WvW with.

Everything else is cross-server.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: August 12, 2012, 04:13:00 PM

The only difference a server picks is who you WvW with.

Everything else is cross-server.

Guild bonuses are not cross server either is my understanding. So you probably want to be on the server your guild is on.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: August 12, 2012, 04:22:33 PM

As easy as paying them a fee.

I am the .00000001428%
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: August 13, 2012, 07:48:55 AM

Maguuma. Play along side the goons instead of against them.

Who are the goons?

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #68 on: August 13, 2012, 08:29:23 AM

a wretched hive of scum and villainy

"Me am play gods"
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #69 on: August 13, 2012, 08:30:55 AM

As easy as paying them a fee.

I am ok with that. If there was a monthly with this game, then probably not.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Bat Country Live Server: Gate of Madness  
Jump to: