Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:21:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: MIDI to USB to LoTRO 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MIDI to USB to LoTRO  (Read 2070 times)
Venkman
Terracotta Army

on: May 13, 2007, 08:03:59 PM

I love the LoTRO music system. Keystrokes work ok, but if you've got a MIDI synth or some hybrid consumer thing kickin' around, why hold yourself back?

I dusted off my ancient Yamaha and did some poking around the LoTRO music forums. Seems most people are still trying to figure out if it's worth their time. As I've already gone almost entire play sessions without leaving /music mode, I figure I've cast my vote already :)

Some enterprising souls have captured all the info one might need, so I test some solutions out. The easiest one turns out to be the best one, at least for me. Read on if you're interested too.

The Easy Way

1. Buy a MIDI to USB converter device. I went with the Yamaha UX16 from a local place. It was the one I could put my hands on.
2. Download this program
3. Unzip to anywhere.
4. Run program and follow the instructions that appear on the window for mapping your keys in-game.
5. Then, with the utility running in the background, start up the music system in LoTRO and play your MIDI keyboard.

It really is that simple. As we know, right now there's only two octaves of natural notes and a third set of notes for sharps in that first octave. Come June that expands out to four octaves, I believe complete with a full set of sharps. It'll also come with percussion instruments and sustains and macroing. But heck, if you really wanna macro, program your MIDI device today  evil

(that was just to tweak Sky if he stops by. I'd rather practice playing, because I'm waay rusty, than program some device to do it for me. Might as well RMT myself to uber gear and pay someone to level me up too  :-D )
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: MIDI to USB to LoTRO  
Jump to: