Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:35:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Dark Days Are Coming - New Funcom Project 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dark Days Are Coming - New Funcom Project  (Read 525708 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #1680 on: June 29, 2012, 03:09:05 AM

They said they will let people in starting Friday based on how early you preordered. So it might be Saturday for some.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1681 on: June 29, 2012, 03:16:53 AM

Updated below.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 03:33:21 PM by Falconeer »

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #1682 on: June 29, 2012, 04:42:22 AM

They said they will let people in starting Friday based on how early you preordered. So it might be Saturday for some.

What I read it was worded such that they'd let in everyone at 9AM est but they'd be letting in some people before that.
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #1683 on: June 29, 2012, 06:14:50 AM

Thank God I fire up the patcher before heading off to my nightshift, because 1.6GB surprise patch.

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #1684 on: June 29, 2012, 07:16:44 AM

What I read it was worded such that they'd let in everyone at 9AM est but they'd be letting in some people before that.
Yeah some people might be playing already but everyone should be able to get on at noon Eastern today.
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1685 on: June 29, 2012, 07:22:51 AM

Yeah some people might be playing already but everyone should be able to get on at noon Eastern today.

Doesn't look like anyone is in yet from what I can tell. Seems they've had a few last minute server issues.

On a side note, I can't wait until all the people posting "OMG patcher won't patch!" despite it saying in fucking bright red letters on the patcher that it may be unavailable, make it to their first investigation mission.

Edit: Oh and may as well add me to the f13 list. Will be playing Templar on Faerie, probably called Tyrnan if I can't find anything decent that hasn't been taken already.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 07:24:54 AM by Tyrnan »
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1686 on: June 29, 2012, 07:24:56 AM

I may eventually try it but I will wait at LEAST 3 months after launch. And I blame Rasix entirely for even thinking about it.

Right there with ya. His tepid endorsement was the only reason I even bothered with the beta!
Is there room in this boat?

Successfully avoided buying this one, yay. A prolonged Tortuga sounds interesting, and they almost got me on the black cat pre-order bonus. But...it's an mmo and I generally don't get a ton of mileage out of them, especially in the summer.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1687 on: June 29, 2012, 07:32:04 AM

Do we know if we'll be able to have one of each of the factions on a server? If so I will make one of each. If not, my characters will be Templar on Arcadia.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1688 on: June 29, 2012, 07:40:41 AM

Yes, you can make all three factions on one server. Which is really, really stupid. Sure, it's not an EDIT: MMO PvP driven game, but given how serverless everything outside of Fusang is, to lock out faction hopping from it would have only been reasonable.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 08:45:59 AM by Falconeer »

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1689 on: June 29, 2012, 07:55:51 AM

Mark Stheno as Dragon.  I'll make a Templar alt for the jacket with another character.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1690 on: June 29, 2012, 08:04:51 AM

Yes, you can make all three factions on one server. Which is really, really stupid. Sure, it's not an MMO driven game, but given how serverless everything outside of Fusang is, to lock out faction hopping from it would have only been reasonable.

Why is it stupid? This is a relief to me as it allows me to experience all 3 faction stories on my preferred server. Do you mean from a pvp standpoint? Honestly, I don't think PvP in this game will be taken that seriously.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1691 on: June 29, 2012, 08:42:16 AM

Alright. Just got in and made my first official character. Morgen "TheWolfe" Riggs. Templar - Arcadia

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #1692 on: June 29, 2012, 08:48:13 AM

Why can I not login?  I keep getting authentication failure.  Everything on my account looks good though.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1693 on: June 29, 2012, 08:49:15 AM

Close and relaunch the client. If it still does it, it means you are "not on the list" (yet).

I'm in as Lefteye, Templar, Grim server, as per list above. I created and reserved Falconeer too, so should you ever meet her it's obviously me.

I like the Facebook implementation by the way. The serverless architecture makes it pretty nifty and useful.

Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #1694 on: June 29, 2012, 09:07:28 AM

Early access emails are going out, check your inboxes...

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1695 on: June 29, 2012, 09:13:01 AM

Well it seems when Rangar said Faerie would be available as an undesignated server, he meant when they open future ones  Ohhhhh, I see.

So I'm on Huldra as Tahli the Templar. Although I have a Dragon symbol next to me on character select. They're trying to infiltrate us already!
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #1696 on: June 29, 2012, 09:31:42 AM

I'm disappoint introduction of Arcadia didn't led to renaming some other server to Stark while at it.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1697 on: June 29, 2012, 09:41:44 AM

Arcadia is my server. I'm on now.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1698 on: June 29, 2012, 09:48:14 AM

Not sure what server I'll be on but I reserved Ginaz and will probably be rolling Templar.  I didn't care for the background of the Illuminati.  They just seem like a bunch of dicks.  I might give the Dragons a quick try to see what they are like as I didn't get to try out them during the beta weekends.

I think that's what I liked most about the Illuminati.  So absolutely shameless about what they're doing. 

I think the vision methods sum up the factions quite nicely.

Illuminati : DRUGGGGGGSS.

Dragon: Mystic blowjobs. 

Templar:  Watch the puppet dance.

The Illuminati valley girl has one of the best quotes about the Dragon: "I don't want to say we've given up on the Dragon, but... we've given up on the Dragon."

So, I'll wrestle with the decision to play or not today at work. Probably Illuminati somewhere if I cave.

-Rasix
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1699 on: June 29, 2012, 09:50:23 AM

I am recording lots of videos. I think I am going to Radicalthon this. It might save people on the fence the money for the story.

Daeven
Terracotta Army

Reply #1700 on: June 29, 2012, 09:50:37 AM

I just got my email that I can hop in.

I'm naturally at work.

Balls.

"There is a technical term for someone who confuses the opinions of a character in a book with those of the author. That term is idiot." -SMStirling

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1701 on: June 29, 2012, 10:06:51 AM

Welp, thanks to my wife's mixup, I'll be playing this. Apparently, she preordered 2 copies, so rather than bother with the hassle of trying to get one refunded, I said fuck it, I'll play.

Going to make an Templar on Arcadia methinks.

EDIT: Templar made. Name of Haemish MacLennan, nickname "Hamsammich."
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 11:03:46 AM by HaemishM »

trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #1702 on: June 29, 2012, 11:18:21 AM

Trias/Grim/Dragon.  Chaos is Order, Ecstasy is Clarity.  Muscly tattooed dudes dressed in only whity-tighties contrast with your more traditional mute mystic monks meekly marking the way forward.  Apparently oral sex is part of the training of all new initiates, and it shows, because if your vision is supposed to correlate with your orgasm, your 'trainer' has certainly had some practice at it.  

I basically ignore that this is an MMORPG.  Of course, I more or less do that with all recent MMORPGs anyways, as the single-player quest-grind style of modern MMOs compels me to treat them as such.  However, this is the only MMORPG I've played that I care about as an RPG in and of itself.  I devour the optional dialogue of all the NPCs wheras I can only roll my eyes at most of the writing in Rift/WoW/everything else, skipping through it as quickly as possible.  Even SWTOR, while better than most, was generic and mediocre in comparison.  It has that feeling that the good RPGs that branch into new territory/IP do, fun writing combined with an interesting and unfolding gameworld.  Enjoying (obviously).
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 11:21:43 AM by trias_e »
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1703 on: June 29, 2012, 12:19:35 PM

"is it safe?"  Seriously, best fucking line in the intro.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1704 on: June 29, 2012, 12:40:53 PM

Made my Illuminati character. Peter "MadeMan" Moretti. Also on Arcadia

Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #1705 on: June 29, 2012, 12:59:36 PM

I'm rolling Templar on Huldra with a few buddies.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1706 on: June 29, 2012, 01:10:16 PM

"is it safe?"  Seriously, best fucking line in the intro.
Best line in Episode 1 of the Clerks cartoon also.
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #1707 on: June 29, 2012, 02:23:11 PM

Eh, Jeffrey Combs is the crazy doc for the Illuminati.

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1708 on: June 29, 2012, 03:08:09 PM

Latency, Templar, Arcadia

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #1709 on: June 29, 2012, 03:09:05 PM

I am there too!!!11

Theresa "Tressa" Averne - Templar - Arcardia server

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1710 on: June 29, 2012, 04:08:29 PM

This is weird, Secret World got a subforum. I sincerely bet on the fastest ever to get to the graveyard. Just about the time to finish the main story quest.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1711 on: June 29, 2012, 04:10:49 PM

>.>
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1712 on: June 29, 2012, 04:11:17 PM

So... worth buying so that I can bitch about it with validity?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1713 on: June 29, 2012, 04:14:17 PM

It would be interesting to hear you bitch about a Funcom game as you max out 3 different faction characters on two different server types while I'm still not out of the newbie area.

-Rasix
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1714 on: June 29, 2012, 04:17:04 PM

It would be interesting to hear you bitch about a Funcom game as you max out 3 different faction characters on two different server types while I'm still not out of the newbie area.

So much hate! 

I played AoC and AO and enjoyed them.  I bet this game has its merits.  That and I'm trapped in my house with 110 degree temps.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Dark Days Are Coming - New Funcom Project  
Jump to: