Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:09:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Hartsman's Producer Letter - May 17th 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hartsman's Producer Letter - May 17th  (Read 14105 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #35 on: May 24, 2007, 01:48:16 PM

See...I loved the Isle. The old, original Isle, with the level cap and whatnot. It's the closest I ever came to playing the mmo the 'right' way. I'd group for group stuff (the ghost, the cave), I farmed the shit out of the rare spawns to exploit their loot tables (my kerra ranger still wears the gooey earplug haste item).

I miss the old Isle.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: May 24, 2007, 01:49:12 PM

And I just ordered  C2D / 8800 GTS 640 / E6400 / ETC pieces to build a new system.

God damn it.
Ixxit
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: May 24, 2007, 01:56:12 PM

See...I loved the Isle. The old, original Isle, with the level cap and whatnot. It's the closest I ever came to playing the mmo the 'right' way. I'd group for group stuff (the ghost, the cave), I farmed the shit out of the rare spawns to exploit their loot tables (my kerra ranger still wears the gooey earplug haste item).

I miss the old Isle.

Yeah, the old Isle was pretty cool (where you were a refugee).  The boat ride to the island, despite being a very basic tutorial was very well designed too.

I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: May 24, 2007, 02:06:14 PM

The isle is still there.  Just broken up into Good Isle and Bad Isle.  Pick Freeport or Qeynos as your starting area and *poof* have at it.  I didn't have a problem with the Isle, it was the dumb, identical, crappy zones you went to after I (still) detest.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: May 25, 2007, 11:35:06 AM

Fixed my crashing problems. I forgot how sensitive EQ2 is to overclocking. It's literally the only game that will crash when I run at normal speeds. (2.5 ghz) I lowered it to 2.35 and it works perfectly.

Now if my character didn't suck. The changes to AA exp pretty much made my 46 dirge even more worthless than he was previously. If that's possible.

Twinked, level locked, AA'd out level 30s kill me. Easily.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #40 on: May 25, 2007, 11:58:11 AM

Or play me.

Does your affianced know you swing both ways?  Probably be a good idea to let her know now rather than tossing a box of latex gloves and a tube of lube at her on your wedding night...

Ownage.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #41 on: May 27, 2007, 08:26:38 AM

Twinked, level locked, AA'd out level 30s kill me. Easily.
Because playing on a pvp server in a game where pvp is a tacked-on afterthought is a wise choice.

Der-ta-der.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: May 29, 2007, 03:14:32 AM

People asked my why I chose a PvE server for WoW after playing on a Zek in EQ.

My answer was "Because I played on a Zek in EQ"

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Ryuno
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: July 05, 2007, 09:34:56 AM

I reactivated because of this. Haven't played since Sept last year, and I have to say i'm having alot of fun again - which is great. Playing on Runnyeye EU server :)

Neriak and the Arasai are really nice. I'm looking forward to seeing whats in the EoF expansion too :)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Hartsman's Producer Letter - May 17th  
Jump to: