Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 08:03:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Privateers nerf 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Privateers nerf  (Read 2430 times)
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

on: April 17, 2007, 03:04:25 PM

Quote from: Devblog
Money-grubbing CONCORD has decided that the number of wars declared by the aggressor will now also count to increase the war prices and the larger of the two is used to determine the war instigation and upkeep fees.

Example: Alliance P has ten wars in progress. They will have to pay 500M/war/week to keep the war machine running. If they now declare war on the eleventh corporation or alliance that war will cost 550M to start and the upkeep cost will be 550M/war/week for all the wars until any of the wars is canceled.

Coming in Rev 1.4.2.

I'm actually pretty sad that Privateers are getting nerfed. I think they're a cool concept.
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 03:32:37 PM

Fuckers.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 03:56:32 PM

CCP doesn't like fun.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 04:00:48 PM

Wait... you have to pay CONCORD or something to wage war?  Like, you just don't... I don't know...KILL?

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 04:03:36 PM

Wait... you have to pay CONCORD or something to wage war?  Like, you just don't... I don't know...KILL?

Official wardecs that allow you to shoot people scott-free in empire? Yes.

They cost, I think, 100m between alliances and 10m between corps.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 05:09:34 PM

WTF?  It's easy to stay unsubbed with stuff like this. 
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 05:47:26 PM

I don't see what the problem is. They're fixing something Privateers exploited the shit out of. You want alliance level wardecs, you should pay for them. Privateers can have their fun, but they should pay the same price as everyone else.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 05:56:58 PM

Well, to be fair it is aimed directly at eliminating the economies of scale (pay for one war-dec, get all the targets of every Privateers corp) that made the Privateers "business model" work.  A day late, really, at least for me and my alliance mates, we've been using alt corps for our hauling for months.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 06:04:41 PM

In principle it seemed pretty silly how easy it was for Privateers to keep so many wardecs going at once.  In practice, the week we were wardecced was a lot of fun and I personally will be disappointed if it means we don't get to replay our little war again in a month or two.  I can see how it would get really old for some people to be stuck wardecced in Empire for months on end, though. 

Over and out.
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 06:20:10 PM

Official wardecs that allow you to shoot people scott-free in empire? Yes.

They cost, I think, 100m between alliances and 10m between corps.
Go to Amamake 3-1 and you can kill all you like for free.

Presently the system is 50M*number-wars-on-target to initiate and same amount per week. The nerf applies the stacking penalty to number-wars-by-aggresser. Blog doesn't mention corps.

O(n^2) is too harsh in my opinion. It seemed like there were a number of carebear corps complaining very loudly and something had to change, but surely it is reasonable to wardec all the big boys and some of their blatant alts.

I wonder what the best wardecs are for them at the moment.
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 05:30:28 AM

and 10m between corps.

2m for the first war, then I think 4m for 2 and 6m or 8m for 3 (I think 3 is the max number of wars a corp can run at once)
TheDreamr
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 18, 2007, 11:03:07 AM

Over the weekend I was wondering what CCP would attempt to fix next and to be honest I'm surprised they moved against privateers this late in the day after being less than vocal about the whole issue.

I guess compared to fixing some of the other issues (lag, nos balance, titan dd balance, remote repping "exploits", complex farming) nerfing the privateers required the least effort and generates the most goodwill from non-privateers.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 11:07:32 AM by TheDreamr »

edit button addict.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 19, 2007, 01:21:43 AM

I've never been war-decced by the Privateers, so I have no dg in this fight.  But I think that they'd not have found themselves the subject of attention in the first place if they'd not had some members spend so much time camping the launch tubes in Jita 4-4 and popping people before they load the grid.  Like I say, I've never been the victim, but I've seen it a lot.  If you sploit, the gankees will whine.  Loudly.  So a few have ruined it for everyone.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Privateers nerf  
Jump to: