Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:45:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Age of Conan Beta 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Age of Conan Beta  (Read 98239 times)
BigBlack
Terracotta Army

Reply #420 on: December 05, 2007, 10:13:24 AM

...The game has tits!
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #421 on: December 05, 2007, 10:22:36 AM

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #422 on: December 05, 2007, 10:29:13 AM

And apparently dingleberries.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #423 on: December 05, 2007, 10:36:30 AM

And apparently dingleberries.

That have teeth?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #424 on: December 05, 2007, 11:41:15 AM

I missed something! 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #425 on: December 05, 2007, 09:04:35 PM

The last five posts define the Internet.  Conan, however, remains the ever-ambiguous Funcom MMORPG mk. 2
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #426 on: December 05, 2007, 11:14:14 PM

All you have to do is invoke the name of 4chan and the peoples get stupids.  swamp poop

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #427 on: December 06, 2007, 02:41:00 PM

A new, and in my opinion pretty awesome AoC trailer is available on Gametrailers:
Exclusive Bar Story Trailer HD

Btw, since this seems to have become the thread for all things AoC-related, perhaps removing the word "Beta" from the title thread would be apropriate? *shrug*

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #428 on: December 06, 2007, 05:52:52 PM

Those are some beautiful landscapes, by the standard of any game. I just hope the gameplay can match the art direction.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
CharlieMopps
Terracotta Army

Reply #429 on: December 07, 2007, 05:30:46 AM

Those are some beautiful landscapes, by the standard of any game. I just hope the gameplay can match the art direction.

This game is still worthy of our attention.  That's all I'm saying  NDA
dr_dre
Terracotta Army

Reply #430 on: December 07, 2007, 05:50:39 AM

[/quote]

Of course its stil worthy. It has Tits and ass  Woot!

WayAbvPar

Reply #431 on: December 07, 2007, 08:10:36 AM

Of course its stil worthy. It has Tits and ass  Woot!

Tits and ass, Tits and ass, Tits and ass, Tits and ass!

One of the few roles in which Jim Belushi was even watchable  smiley

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
DarkSign
Terracotta Army

Reply #432 on: December 09, 2007, 04:58:29 AM

the song goes... *clears throat* *does operatic scale*

ass...titties, ass and titties, ass ass titties titties, ass 'n' titties.

I love how they were trying to hype the game by saying how many beta testers they have. R00fles! Richard Garriott has said that they had too many beta testers play an unpolished game and that it hurt initial sales. Trying to use betas as marketing instead of testing usually turns out bad.
schild
Administrator

Reply #433 on: December 09, 2007, 05:17:36 AM

Every game uses beta as marketing. Including WoW.

Richard Garriott's too many testers is a load of bollocks. he can blame his beta schedule, but not the ability to his game to impress enough people that the beta could be considered a success.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #434 on: December 09, 2007, 06:13:12 AM

It's only good marketing if there's no NDA.

And there's only no NDA if the game is actually good.
CharlieMopps
Terracotta Army

Reply #435 on: December 09, 2007, 07:14:54 AM

It's only good marketing if there's no NDA.

And there's only no NDA if the game is actually good.

The NDA is more there to prevent people from popping out videos that show a crap loads of bugs and turn off the uninformed.
Trust me, Vanguard this game is not. Can't wait for open beta (if there is one)
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #436 on: December 09, 2007, 08:07:07 AM

Richard Garriott's too many testers is a load of bollocks. he can blame his beta schedule, but not the ability to his game to impress enough people that the beta could be considered a success.
He was right on the money. They let too many players in too early. The players saw that the game sucked, told their friends, and never came back. I was one of them.

Did it get better since? Presumably, but it would take a lot more than an EQ2 style turnaround to get me to even look at it again. I'm just not interested.
BigBlack
Terracotta Army

Reply #437 on: December 09, 2007, 09:25:18 AM

Richard Garriot made an FPS where ducking behind a wall means the bullets swerve around the wall to hit you.

He loses the right to speak on any topic other than castle ownership.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #438 on: December 09, 2007, 10:06:29 AM

He was right on the money. They let too many players in too early. The players saw that the game sucked, told their friends, and never came back. I was one of them.

Did it get better since? Presumably, but it would take a lot more than an EQ2 style turnaround to get me to even look at it again. I'm just not interested.

If your entire community is in early beta then you have more problems than trying to win marketing points.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #439 on: December 09, 2007, 10:39:19 AM

We've known this forever. It was "proven" in AO. Why is this news?
schild
Administrator

Reply #440 on: December 09, 2007, 04:07:23 PM

I stand by my original statements that Tabula Rasa's original incarnation was vastly superior and far more interesting.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #441 on: December 09, 2007, 07:20:08 PM

I stand by my original statements that Tabula Rasa's original incarnation was vastly superior and far more interesting.

But then reality came and slapped it around like the little bitch it was.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #442 on: December 09, 2007, 09:23:15 PM

C'mon now. Do you really want to play a flying rainbow pooping my-little-unicorn in Garriot's hilariously off-target vision of a game designed by committee to appeal to both americans and asians, or was that hyperbole intended to emphasize how bland the generi-fi setting in the released TR turned out?
schild
Administrator

Reply #443 on: December 09, 2007, 09:24:40 PM

Yes, I want to play a flying rainbow pooping my-little-unicorn game.

Also, I want a harp.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #444 on: December 10, 2007, 07:06:08 AM

All us girls have always wanted the game where you had a unicorn that cvould shoot stuff out of it's horn.  That version of the game was much more pink and sparkly.  They were fools to change it.  Me, Schildy, Voodoo, Xanthippe, Lantyssa and the rest of us girls would have SO played that game.  For weeks, even!

Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #445 on: December 10, 2007, 09:29:21 AM

All us girls have always wanted the game where you had a unicorn that cvould shoot stuff out of it's horn.  That version of the game was much more pink and sparkly.  They were fools to change it.  Me, Schildy, Voodoo, Xanthippe, Lantyssa and the rest of us girls would have SO played that game.  For weeks, even!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bBGKLrit5k

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
WayAbvPar

Reply #446 on: December 10, 2007, 09:36:49 AM

I would have played that just so I could name a unicorn Peter North.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #447 on: December 10, 2007, 11:08:01 AM

I'll be your Ron Jeremy sidekick? Even after the game is long gone, I'll still hold onto the notion that I'm someone important.  awesome, for real

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #448 on: December 10, 2007, 11:47:17 AM

As Froofy as it was, I preferred TR's initial rainbow brite art/game design to the shit they ended up putting out as well. Generic space marine sci-fi with boring game mechanics = boring game. At least the Froofy style would have differentiated it in the US market.

geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #449 on: December 10, 2007, 12:47:29 PM

I haven't played any good projectile-spewing unicorn games, but I ran across this game when I was meddling with GameTap yesterday and thought it was some kind of kitschy Japanime awesome.
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #450 on: December 10, 2007, 02:07:37 PM

I haven't played any good projectile-spewing unicorn games, but I ran across this game when I was meddling with GameTap yesterday and thought it was some kind of kitschy Japanime awesome.

Ah yes. Twinkle Star Sprites (or something like that). NeoGeo game I believe. I had it on MAME years ago. Good fun.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Belle Elegant
Terracotta Army

Reply #451 on: December 15, 2007, 11:04:44 AM

Not sure if anyone has read the interview posted over at Massively yet.  http://www.massively.com/2007/12/14/age-of-conan-product-developer-interview-with-gameplay-video/

Anyway, according to developer Jørgen Tharaldsen:

Through your IP we can control what kind of content you'll see, so let's say you come from Germany, you might not see all the fatality moves, but we hope you will see all of them, we'll know soon when we hear back from the ratings boards, whereas in the US you might not see nipples. But you probably will see nipples in Norway, for instance.

No nipples? 

ACK!
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #452 on: December 15, 2007, 11:13:28 AM

Well, that's just not fair!  I might not play to protest the nipplelessness!

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #453 on: December 15, 2007, 11:34:50 AM

If only playing through a Norway proxy wouldn't fuck the latency to hell and back...
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #454 on: December 15, 2007, 09:23:37 PM

The time it'll take to get around that restriction is so small it cannot be measured by modern instruments  wink
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Age of Conan Beta  
Jump to: