Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:50:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Need help, browser really annoying me: 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need help, browser really annoying me:  (Read 953 times)
SurfD
Terracotta Army

on: March 26, 2007, 06:48:46 PM

Ok, so i have this really annoying problem with IE 6.0 (do not suggest updateing to IE 7 as a fix, as i am not able to do so at the moment).

Basicly, a while back, i was watching 2 youtube movies and decided to watch them side by side, so i resized both windows so they sat beside eachother nicely near the middle of the screen.  when they were done, i killed the windows off, and went on with my browsing.

However, now, whenever i open a new browser window (by new i mean second), it opens up at the small, slightly off center window size that i had for the left movie.  EVERY FUCKING TIME.

If i start a fresh IE, it opens at full screen, properly maximized window size.  but if i open ANY new link or create any new window, it opens small and out of position.  Which is REALLY irritating the hell out of me, because i have to resize each one to see anything.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to get this damn thing to open new windows maximized?

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 08:09:20 PM

IE remembers its last window size and position, but having it "maximized" doesn't count as a size and position.

I'd guess, open Internet Explorer, in the upper right corner click the "Restore Down" button (middle button, in between the _ and the X), and then resize your window to whatever you want, then X (close) Internet Explorer.  Then, if you open IE again, this new size should be the default.

Then you can maximize it again and do your normal browsing, and the second window (when you open it) should be at that default size that you just set up.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 08:41:32 AM

You should try the Avant browser. It supports tabs and is about a million times better than IE 6, but it uses the IE6 engine to display pages. If IE 6 runs on your PC you should have no troubles with Avant.

http://www.avantbrowser.com/
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Need help, browser really annoying me:  
Jump to: