Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:04:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Rost in Brue 2: Please, sir, I want some more. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rost in Brue 2: Please, sir, I want some more.  (Read 4186 times)
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

on: March 26, 2007, 01:45:11 PM

Under a certain editor's insistence, I ran out last week and purchased the latest DS title to feature generic anime teenagers stranded on a deserted island: Lost in Blue 2, nee Survival Kids 2.

For those not In The Know about this particular series, it's an odd survival game, wherein you control a character who is, as stated above, lost and stranded on a deserted island with a fairly helpless/worthless member of the opposite sex. The gameplay, early on, consists primarily of searching for food and then eating it. During your travels, you find raw materials (e.g. sticks) that can be turned into tools (e.g. spears) that can improve the quality of the food that you procure (e.g. fish > nuts & berries), which frees up more time to roam further onto the island, find better food/materials, and... well, you get the idea.

Eventually, you're supposed to escape. I've never actually gotten to this point because, while the initial build-up is fun, I've never liked the puzzle-solving late game, which involves stockpiling a bunch of food, going out on a long expedition, doing some silly block puzzles, and then trying to run home before you croak.

Anyway, I start this thread because I'm completely sucking wind at LIB2. I'm barely able to get enough food each day to survive, and I'm entirely unable to find the necessary materials to get the better foods - I cannot find any rope vine or bamboo, at least as far as I can roam without croaking.

Halp?
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 02:21:41 PM

For those not In The Know about this particular series, it's an odd survival game, wherein you control a character who is, as stated above, lost and stranded on a deserted island with a fairly helpless/worthless member of the opposite sex.

You can play as a female or a male?

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 02:29:03 PM

I take it eating your "friend" isn't an option?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Yoru

Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 02:35:33 PM

For those not In The Know about this particular series, it's an odd survival game, wherein you control a character who is, as stated above, lost and stranded on a deserted island with a fairly helpless/worthless member of the opposite sex.

You can play as a female or a male?

This is correct. And whichever one you don't pick is pretty worthless; they just sit around the cave whining for you to bring home more firewood and saying "welcome home" and telling you the weather in the morning.

I take it eating your "friend" isn't an option?

No, and if they die, it's game over man, game over.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 03:18:27 PM

That game sounds fucking awesome.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 08:29:38 PM

yeah really; all you need is some poo-rocks and it'll be perfect.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 12:02:18 AM

I had the same problem in the first game and stopped playing shortly thereafter.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 07:19:57 AM

No help from me, I really wanted to go make a spear but not so I could fish... I wanted to murder that worthless bitch in the cave.  Anyone that can't find an entire barrel of water that is a mere five feet away simply doesn't deserve to live.  "Oh my gawd, I'm so thirsty, please come give me some water."  IT'S IN THE FUCKING GIANT BARREL NEXT TO YOU, SHITHEAD!!!!  WHY DID I BOTHER FILLING IT UP??!!

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 07:47:59 AM

That game sounds fucking awesome.

The concept is, but I still haven't even bought the first. Maybe one day. I don't play the DS much.

A more realistic survival game would be like a dream game for me though. If I was a game designer, it'd be the first thing I'd try to make and/or pitch. I'd make it mobile, and not so Castaway-ish. Part Bear Grylls, part Naked Prey, part Ninja Warrior. So it'd still be an action game, but without a lot of killing in it. Solitary and cerebral for the gathering and surviving parts, but action heavy for obstacles and wildlife encounters. Surviving against wildlife would be like 2 or 3 scenarios at the most, but hard as fuck. Say, a grizzly and a pack of wolves.  :-D

« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 07:49:53 AM by Stray »
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 09:54:44 AM

A more realistic survival game would be like a dream game for me though.

Here you go!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 10:02:07 AM

Not to knock Oregon Trail, but umm.... It's a little old.  tongue

My game would have to look something like this:

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 27, 2007, 10:04:57 AM

You guys fail to appreciate quality sarcasm.

What is that screenshot from?

-  Mark Twain
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007, 10:07:33 AM

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (unreleased Naughty Dog game for PS3)

Yoru

Reply #13 on: March 27, 2007, 11:08:30 AM

You could always play UnReal World. Probably doesn't meet your graphical standards though.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #14 on: March 27, 2007, 11:46:44 AM

It's funny. I love acting and theater. And I enjoy RPG's.

But never shall the two meet.  evil
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 11:55:13 AM

It's funny. I love acting and theater. And I enjoy RPG's.

But never shall the two meet.  evil

What you're looking for is a roleplay server in an mmog.

-  Mark Twain
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 12:18:31 PM

Sarcasm aside, I'd much sooner LARP than roleplay in an MMO. Roleplaying in MMO's usually just amounts to people writing and reciting their character biographies. I very rarely see anyone who responds and listens well *in character*. They're all just sucky fan fiction and amateur fantasy writers who shut others out. They're not performers (not that LARP'ers are either, but there's probably a better chance of seeing that).

Eh, but enough of that though. Sorry for the derail.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #17 on: March 28, 2007, 08:21:12 AM

The was a time I would often respond in character in a MMO, but even the RP people couldn't deal with me since my character was always terribly confused at the inevitable "let's go camp some orcs".  Hell, I sometimes did that in WoW just to read the reactions, and I was on a PvP server.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #18 on: March 31, 2007, 09:53:24 PM

I got pretty far in LiB1 - I even have the keys to the boat and the uniform and everything, but I haven't finished. I had to solve all of the puzzles on paper first and it took hours, but I love that shit. I will definitely be picking up LiB2.

No help from me, I really wanted to go make a spear but not so I could fish... I wanted to murder that worthless bitch in the cave.  Anyone that can't find an entire barrel of water that is a mere five feet away simply doesn't deserve to live.  "Oh my gawd, I'm so thirsty, please come give me some water."  IT'S IN THE FUCKING GIANT BARREL NEXT TO YOU, SHITHEAD!!!!  WHY DID I BOTHER FILLING IT UP??!!

Yes.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Rost in Brue 2: Please, sir, I want some more.  
Jump to: