Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:59:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Randy Buehler makes a 'big announcement' regarding mtgo3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Randy Buehler makes a 'big announcement' regarding mtgo3  (Read 5550 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: March 21, 2007, 07:59:49 AM

It now has a website.

Yes. That was the announcement.

If you want a look, it's here...

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=magic/magiconline/IIIlaunch

...it has exciting features including a screenshot of the login page and a few screenshots of the new collection screen (almost identical to the existing one, it even still has that problem where you can't see what the individual card set tabs say because they overwrite each other.

The launch is now tentatively scheduled as 'before Future Sight'

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 03:55:06 PM

It's more of the same, his message is talking about how V3 is initially dissapointing but in the long run is good for Magic Online. They've really screwed up six ways to sunday. In his defense though it sounds like Wizards just doesn't get it. They aren't a tech company and they seem to have no idea how to run things properly.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 12:51:42 PM

V3 'stress test' beta is now available to fileplanet subscribers, plus 20,000 beta invitees.

http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?p=11865386

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 02:34:21 PM

Last 3 times I drafted MTGO crashed. So I've stopped for a bit.

Eldaec what is your online handle?

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 08:08:22 AM

It's eldaec, but I haven't played much lately either.

Xilren's Twin

Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 09:05:04 AM

If anyone comes up with an extra beta code, sling it my way please.

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 12:25:08 AM

I'm in Xilren's boat here. An upgrade to that awful fucking client would bring me back. Easy. It's probably the number 1 reason I'm so AWOL.

Edit: Scratch that, it says if you have a paying FP account, you can download it. Now if anyone has a link, one of my roommates pays for an account.

Giant link on frontpage. Ignore me. Downloading.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 12:29:40 AM by schild »
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 03:26:03 PM

Well hell, I was considering giving this a try and now I'm told the new engine sucks? Ugh. I guess I should put it off another six months.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 04:35:49 PM

You could always give me or Xilren your login info. cheesy

I am curious to give it a try.

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 05:26:01 PM

You could always give me or Xilren your login info. cheesy

I am curious to give it a try.
Me? Because by "Give it a try" I mean "Sign up for it and give it a try, because I haven't touched Magic in a decade".
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 05:27:34 PM

You tease!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Randy Buehler makes a 'big announcement' regarding mtgo3  
Jump to: