Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:54:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  PlanetSide  |  Topic: Reinvigorated or is this just shine for the price increase? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reinvigorated or is this just shine for the price increase?  (Read 24088 times)
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

on: March 14, 2007, 12:35:57 PM

"Soon after our Engineering update in early March, we will be launching our newly rebuilt and recharged Sunderer. The Sunderer in it's current form will be no longer -- so get your screen shots of them now and hold them as collectors items. The new Sunderer will have an increase in armor and will display a new anti-infantry guard in the front. Four new guns have been added: 2 empire specific guns mounted on the top side and 2 additional guns (one on each side). The top guns are nice additions for air support and the two side guns will aid the Sunderer against targets that sneak under the blind spots that the top guns currently have. Finally, the driver will have new functionality at his hands to deliver a jammer effect to the area closest to the vehicle. This nice addition will round off what we believe to be a serious base crashing machine.

March to April, we will be working on the equivalent Advancedment to Hacking, Sniping and Medical just as we have added to the Engineering profession that is being updated within the next week. More details will follow after the launch of the Sunderer but here are some details of this development:

Hackers (Uploading a pain field to SOI's of bases, towers and Shield Generators; Sensor shield emitter - creates dead zones in enemie's radar and motion sensor benefits; ability to jack vehicles while they are occupied; Upload a viruses (Still working on the effects and list of items to upload viruses to))

Medical (Ability to upgrade shield generators with healing effects; Ability to place AOE medical regeneration packs; Ability to place AOE Armor regeneration packs; New abilities to call for medical revivals and additional functionality to communicate between the deceased and medical personell)

Snipers (Sniper only sensor to sniff out enemy infantry that may be closing in on their location; A slightly transparent ability or new suit with a semi-transparent effect; Changes to the Focus cone of fire -- haivng the focus faster at the beginning and slower towards the end of it's focus to speed up your aim on a target)

In April,
We will be working on more vehicles: The Phantasm (cloaking aircraft) as well as the Galaxy Gunship.

The Phantasm is a new vehicle and will mainly be a transport vehicle that can get a small squad to specific locations in an almost stealth-like fashion. Like every item in the game, there has to be some draw backs and using a completely invisible aircraft without detection seems a bit unfair. Therefore, we are working on the balance issues as we speak. The Phantasm has one gun mounted on the bottom mid-to-tail section.

The Galaxy Gunship is another variant air vehicle that will be added to the game and will not replace the current Galaxy. We envision it to be the Sunderer equivalent in the sky. This too is going through balance passes to be shored up within the next 2 weeks.

In May,
We have two new anniversary weapons that will be given to the veterans of PlanetSide and to everyone else. What that means is that we are designing to give a new weapon (Pistol type to be exact) to the 4 year veterans of PlanetSide. Also, we are creating at least one (possibly two) new weapons to give out to everyone during our anniversary date in mid May. This second gun is being designed as a special assault weapon that does not require the special assault certification.

Finally, we're working on a lot of little items that are significant to list but we do not have definite delivery dates at this time. We are currently finding places within this schedule."

This is going to get me back even at the new $14.99 price.

I have never played WoW.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 12:50:28 PM

Shit, a new Bang bus? Galaxy gunships? Snipers that aren't fodder for every cloaker dick with a boomer and a hard on for people stuck in the reticle?

I'm there.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 02:38:44 PM

I'm there only if there are actually enough people to play with. Also, getting constantly slammed by exploiting MF'ers will not be fun. I couldn't count the number of run-hacking TR i saw just Last Night.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 02:43:22 PM

Yeah, apologies for pulling the no-show the last couple of weeks, domestic issues.  tongue

Stuff's starting to work right again, so I should have a little more game time.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 03:14:42 PM

Yeah, apologies for pulling the no-show the last couple of weeks, *snip*
Same here, additionally I will be in Finland for the next two weeks, but I will be back after that.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Calandryll
Developers

Would you kindly produce a web game.

Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 03:17:27 PM

Yea here too. Big milestone for the virtual world tomorrow so I had to spend more time at work. Hope to be back in PS soon.

Edit: Reading the notes again, I really hope the part about the snipe cone of fire isn't meant to make it easier to track a moving target. I still think PS has one of the most challenging sniper systems especially against moving targets and I'd hate for them to ruin it by making it too easy.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 03:22:52 PM by Calandryll »
Strazos

Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 05:11:12 PM

The way I read it, the new system will allow for quicker "decent" shots, but slower "near-perfect" shots.

EDIT: And when I said "people to play with," I just meant general game population RE: the end of the Reserves program.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 02:11:24 PM

Yeah, apologies for pulling the no-show the last couple of weeks, *snip*
Same here, additionally I will be in Finland for the next two weeks, but I will be back after that.

Lucky bastard  :D I'm just working  Sad Panda .  Will be at work till Sat on nights (but on St Patties day I'm getting my beer goggles on and chasing skirts), then work again Sun threw Wed on nights.  So the crazy ass driver is not going to be on till Thursday night of next week.  I might be on at say 0730 if I get home off work exactly on time, but we've been so damn busy there is little chance of that.

I'm way excited about the new changes!  I hope they still have the plans to make the Heavy Battle Tanks!  The two types of tanks are light and medium right now, and it would be so cool to add some more stuff for armor. 
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 12:17:37 PM

Wouldn't we be better off playing BF2142?

Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 12:37:54 PM

Sure, but we would need a server where we all could play on, not sure how much a 64 player or 48 player servers go for monthly, then we would have to figure out where to host it at, what time to play, how to keep it open and get people in, ban the asshats that would come and fuck with us, and somehow hope we have enough people on all the time to make picking up and playing at anytime feasible.  I like both games, any game where a newbie can WTFPOOWNAGE a vet is fun.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 01:21:51 PM

Back from Miami and a decompression session. I should be on this weekend.

Unless of course, we go to Vegas...

That said, I'm game for some BF2142 too.

Strazos

Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 06:49:48 PM

But But But, I'm already Invested in Planetside!

Also, not sure how my system would react to 2142.

Fear the Backstab!
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 07:33:07 PM

Sure, but we would need a server where we all could play on, not sure how much a 64 player or 48 player servers go for monthly, then we would have to figure out where to host it at, what time to play, how to keep it open and get people in, ban the asshats that would come and fuck with us, and somehow hope we have enough people on all the time to make picking up and playing at anytime feasible.  I like both games, any game where a newbie can WTFPOOWNAGE a vet is fun.
We could run one on the f13.net machine though if it's like BF2 it won't be able to send stats/scores to the Hive.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 07:28:55 AM

New CE is live. Haven't tried it or seen it yet.

I have never played WoW.
Strazos

Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 09:09:34 PM

How about a 15% TR MAX accuracy nerf? It's pretty bad when they can still hit me with pinpoint precision from max targeting range, while the NC MAXs aren't anywhere near as accurate.

I thought the TR thing was to spam ammo in a space, not spam ammo in a space that does lots of damage AND do it accurately.

WTB Gameplay Balance, plzkthx

Fear the Backstab!
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 09:29:54 PM

I tried the new CE; I don't think it's enough to make me stay on past this month.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #16 on: April 18, 2007, 09:55:33 AM

I'm gonna log in today and see if any of the other new shit is in yet.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: April 18, 2007, 11:04:57 AM

I'm gonna log in today and see if any of the other new shit is in yet.
Working for a living and my studies eat away most of my time, but I am still subbed, tell us if there is anything new.

(And about the changes to sniping of course :-D)

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #18 on: April 18, 2007, 02:18:45 PM

On test: sunderer replaced by more powerful empire-specific variants.

I have never played WoW.
Stephen Zepp
Developers

InstantAction

Reply #19 on: April 23, 2007, 01:49:36 AM

On test: sunderer replaced by more powerful empire-specific variants.

This is live (the empire specific sunderers, and it's pretty cool--massive amounts of guns, the vehicle can penetrate base shields, and it has a driver operated EMP that blows up roughly 1/4 of an entire base's ce.

Hard to coordinate that many gunners, but it's still pretty fun :)

Rumors of War
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #20 on: April 23, 2007, 06:59:47 AM

Sounds much better than a MBT. Same cert requirement as for Sundy? How does it drive? Mix of weapon types? Better firing line than Sundy?

I have been meaning to log into PS for the last month and just haven't.

I have never played WoW.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #21 on: April 23, 2007, 07:55:31 AM

Sounds pretty unbalancing. There goes defense.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #22 on: April 23, 2007, 10:40:49 AM

But the new jammer mines will make these flaming sarcophagi if the driver isn't careful. Place jammer mines on the perimeter and real mines closer in. Tactical balance should be possible.

I have never played WoW.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #23 on: April 23, 2007, 11:54:47 AM

Shiz is right. Well-placed jammers and then some regular mines and/or a few troops with AV and the new bang busses are pwnt.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #24 on: April 23, 2007, 08:10:24 PM

That thing was already abusive back when I was playing -- it was the perfect vehicle for mowing down infantry and camping towers/doors with.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #25 on: April 25, 2007, 06:21:16 AM

That thing was already abusive back when I was playing -- it was the perfect vehicle for mowing down infantry and camping towers/doors with.

The sundy was a joke back in the day. Its now how it always should have been. Its still a big ass target, but one  that brings enough heat to be useful.

The Bangbus is rollin, baby!

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  PlanetSide  |  Topic: Reinvigorated or is this just shine for the price increase?  
Jump to: