Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:27:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Yo Ho Yo Ho... Another Piratey MMO! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Yo Ho Yo Ho... Another Piratey MMO!  (Read 3308 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

on: March 07, 2007, 12:34:02 PM

General : IGG Announces Tales of Pirates
Posted Mar 07, 2007 by Laura Genender

As the people behind Voyage Century Online, IGG knows their pirates. And in case one piratey game wasn't enough, IGG is proud t announce that Tales of Pirates, an IGG game which has been successfully operated in Southest Asia, will be hitting the North American market soon.

IGG, an online game operator in North American, is best known for the good quality of its online mmorpg Myth War Online and Voyage Century Online which has successfully been operated in North American for a long time and is popular among fantastic and marine time fonder. Moreover, with the motto of "Top Game, Top Service", IGG bring new blood into America online game industry, which is welcomed by our players and brings them a more enjoyable and relaxed game experience.

After these successes, IGG bring its new MMORPG to the Northern American players - Tales of Pirates. Tales of Pirates is a matured game which has been successfully operated in Southeast Asia and has been fully tested for a long time which is sure to bring you a joyful and sound game experience. The official website of Tales of Pirates will be released soon and the game will be open for beta by the end of March.

The relaxed and colorful graphic and the humorous character design resemble the romantic feature of the game. Ground on the ancient European seafaring time, Tales of Pirates present fantastic world full of numerous cities and unprecedented great scenes in front of the players where players can players reside in, experience the mystery of the endless seas, and feel the romantic and interesting life of a pirate. It is the one and only unique world for pirates to be in!

Tales of Pirates also has a full gaming mechanism for the players. Diverse job and profession system, Revolutionary Sea Battle System, Intricate Land Battle Design, New Island Battle and Island Development System, all these enable Tales of Pirates a different and unique pirate game worthy of playing.

The closed beta-tests of TOP will start later of March, 2007. The recruiting campaign for the beta-testers will be launched within the next week.

RUM!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 02:23:07 PM

Pirate MMOs are a lot like busses...
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 02:32:07 PM

I might consider this, if only IGG hadn't required a fucking Social Security number just to be involved in the beta phase of Voyage Century.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 02:37:30 PM

Doesn't 123-45-6789 work for you?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 02:40:13 PM

I didn't bother to try. I'm quite wary of any outfit that wants my SSN that isn't a bank or government agency.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 03:12:14 PM

I didn't sign up for it but I remember someone saying that any old numbers would do.  I find it very, very odd, too, and I'm sure my corporate spook husband would frown at me if I gave away that sort of information. 

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 07:56:57 PM

I've heard some decent reviews from the f2p community of VCO, but I haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 09:25:44 AM

It was decent in beta, a bit grindy/diku in places, but the ship combat was an interesting take. And it has PVP.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 07:21:40 PM

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Yo Ho Yo Ho... Another Piratey MMO!  
Jump to: