Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:46:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Dreamfall sequel to be online only 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dreamfall sequel to be online only  (Read 5547 times)
ForumBot 0.8 beta
Terracotta Army

on: March 01, 2007, 09:28:58 PM

Dreamfall sequel to be online only

For those of us left blueballed by Dreamfall, Funcom officially announced today that the sequel is actually coming - sort of.

Apparently they've decided that it'd be better to release the entire thing in digital format only - this is good. A semi-niche genre like adventure/storybook games can do better margins like that. It's also going to be released episodically.

Unfortunately, we all know how well that worked for Sin:Episodes, the so-called "story-driven FPS". The only thing that'd be worse than getting teased by Dreamfall would be getting teased after dropping $30 on 2-3 episodes and then having production shut down right before the climax.

Oh yeah, and they're planning on making an MMO with the TLJ/Dreamfall IP.

Source: Norwegian. Babelfish for the win?
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 09:52:50 PM

Well at least I'll know how the storyline ends. Not sure about the MMO though. It'd have to be open world/sandbox to work I think. Diku in the Longest Journey? I don't think so.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Dreamfall sequel to be online only  
Jump to: