Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:44:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  PlanetSide  |  Topic: Your cert build - For Reals This Time 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your cert build - For Reals This Time  (Read 23362 times)
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

on: February 24, 2007, 06:14:23 PM

Just thought I'd make a thread so we could centralize the listing of our character certs and the inevitable discussions of them. Forget what you have offhand? Go to Planetsidestats.net.

NC - Lawlercaeks

Agile ExoSuit
Air Support
Armored Assault 1
Armored Assault 2
Engineering
Standard Assault
Standard ExoSuit
Uni-MAX

Implants: Enhanced Targeting and Personal Shield

Strengths: I can drive or fly lots of things, repair things, and bring the beef in a MAX.

Weaknesses (currently): I am next to useless if I need to spawn from an AMS. Also, my skills need some work when it comes to flying a Liberator. And finally, against TR, I get absolutely raped by their rocket launchers since they fire quickly and can lock onto my MAX.

Future plans: I want to get Medical as soon as possible, so that I can be somewhat useful outside of a MAX or vehicle. Same with medium assault and advanced med. I guess REXO as well, but that's a lot of points.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 12:24:52 AM

NC Diziet (Rasd-Codurersa Diziet Embless Sma da' Marenhide, for you members of the Culture)

Standard Assault
Medium Assault
Anti-Vehicular
Sniping
Armored Assault 1
Armored Assault 2
BattleFrame Robotics
Harasser
BFR Anti Aircraft
BFR Anti Infantry
Standard ExoSuit
Agile ExoSuit
Reinforced ExoSuit
Hacking
Advanced Hacking

Implants: Darklight, Surge and Range Magnifier.

Strengths, if left undisturbed, one of the best snipers the NC can field. Also a decent biffer/tank pilot and all around badass with the small arms. At BR24/CR2.6 She's very versatile in the way of cert points. With a couple of days notice, almost any loadout can be obtained. Plus, she wears a kicky beret, which is fashionable in any battle.

Future plans: I will screw around with a lot of cert loadouts untl I find the one that best meshes with what the squad needs.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 05:44:37 AM by Surlyboi »

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Stephen Zepp
Developers

InstantAction

Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 01:20:59 AM

I'm flexible atm, but:

BCVladimir
BR7/CR0

Unimax
MA
Sniper or Air Support as needed

--pretty worthless in outdoor fights unless AA max or sniping is needed, but can do just about anything indoors. Swap snipe for air support if we're going gal drops and need a pilot.

Will expand into med, then rexo, then eng as needed for combat support swapout.

Rumors of War
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 02:41:43 AM

I am the driver.

Jimbof13NC:

Uni MAX
Agile ExoSuit
Armored Assault 1
Armored Assault 2
Engineering
Standard Assault
Standard ExoSuit

BR 7/CR 0
4 Cavern Kills/0 Captures

Darklight Implant

Plans are for buggies, ground transport, ground support, enhanced targeting, and eventually the BRF's (I want a flight model eventually).  I suck spawning from an AMS, but the uni-max lets me roll inside if I want too, as the NC max anti-armor or anti-infantry are great gate crashers.

I might make a medic if needed, as I was screwing around with the Phoenix missile system and the gauss rifle.  Our standard rifle does better than the TR's or VS medium assult weapon (but that may be my  style of kneel, aim, a couple of shots then repeat the process).  The idea would be anti armor, medium assult, rexio armor, atv (fury's hellfires rock), and either advanced medic or advanced hacking. 
Chorulle
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 06:13:25 AM

ChorulleF13 (BR 7 currently)

Not going to list the default certs:

Medium Assault
Sniper
Rexo Armor
(Currently) Scattermax
ATV

Plan is to build this guy up like Chorulle on the TR side, so lots of groundpounder skills with little vehicle.  Probably drop the scatter max and pickup AV and Heavy Weapons next.  I might try and get imprinted on this character, but would probably not act on it for awhile (7 certs is hard to swallow for a low BR character, and having to grunt through all of the kills for the BFR achievement to gain access to the flight variant again would be a pain in the ass).

"Saying that nobody needs more then web apps is like saying noone needs a fridge because we can all drive to T.G.I. goddamn Friday's for chicken wings"

- Walt Mosspuppet (Mike Arrington is wrong: Chrome OS won't matter)
Tragny
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 08:41:17 AM

Currently on NC have Tragfail with rexo, med, and sniper and F13Olyndar with rexo, adv. med, and engi. Will probably make one more character for Unimax and armor.

"Masturbation is a more rewarding pursuit." -- Evangolis
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 09:51:43 AM

Sniper/Unimax here. Undecided about the other certs. Maybe engineering and advanced medic later on.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 07:45:23 AM

Still BR4 with my NC guy, have to reinstall (icon corruption). Heavy weapons, rexo, atv.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 12:08:42 PM

For right now, at BR13, Infiltration/Engineer/Support/

3 Engineering
2 Adv Engineering
2 Ground Support
2 Infiltration Suit
3 Air Cavalry Scout
3 Hacking
2 Adv Hacking
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 10:26:09 PM by bhodi »
Calandryll
Developers

Would you kindly produce a web game.

Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 12:50:20 PM

Planetsidestats.net doesn't have an updated sheet for my character, but I think my current build out is:

Agile ExoSuit
Medium Assault
Sniping
Air Cavalry, Scout
Air Cavalry, Assault
Air Cavalry, Interceptor
Armored Assault 1

Once I get another cert, I am going to drop Armored Assault and get medical, hacking, or pehraps even a MAX. I'm pretty useless in ground fights (other than sniping) so for the short term, having an anti-infanrty MAX option might be good.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 01:14:02 PM

Cal, you can use myplanetside.com, too.
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 12:06:31 AM

Sniping
Eng
CE
Ground Support
tar
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 04:55:58 AM

Finally had time to start my NC character. BR4 so far.

Tarnc

HA/Rexo/ATV right now
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 10:03:59 AM

Haven't seen many of you on when I've been around.

It's MeruskF13, though.   Currently BR5 with AMS driver & Unimax. 

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Strazos

Reply #14 on: March 01, 2007, 10:05:04 AM

Made a stealther alt yesterday. Outside of big, outdoor battles, stealther is HARD.

NC - FearTheBackstab, BR6 currently

Inf Suit
Engineering
Combat Engineering
Hacking
ATV

Implant: Melee Booster (2-shotting with a knife = STYLE)

Once I hit 7, I will drop ATV for Advanced Hacking. I will enjoy stealing AMSs.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: March 01, 2007, 11:16:26 AM

Hide in enemy bases. In the nooks. That's where the juicey meat is.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007, 11:42:25 AM

Knives are just backup for boomers :P
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #17 on: March 01, 2007, 04:59:18 PM

Yeah. I hvae 0 luck getting a boomer kill on anything except a sniper who isn't paying attention. So much time to move out of the way of the plant, or you can't close, you can't kill anyone who's on the movie, etc.
Strazos

Reply #18 on: March 01, 2007, 07:04:25 PM

Boomer is funnier. Knife is more satisfying.

Also, ACEs eat up inventory space quickly.

Fear the Backstab!
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #19 on: March 02, 2007, 04:22:23 AM

Yeah. I hvae 0 luck getting a boomer kill on anything except a sniper who isn't paying attention. So much time to move out of the way of the plant, or you can't close, you can't kill anyone who's on the movie, etc.

Sky will now come in to tell you if you're stealther-boomering you plant it then hide in a corner and wait for someone to come to you, rather than trying to go to them.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: March 02, 2007, 06:43:07 AM

Little bit of both. Helps to have a distraction somewhere. Try planting a spitfire if you're in friendly or neutral space, then boom him while he takes that out.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #21 on: March 02, 2007, 06:57:02 AM

You can practice in a tower that's under attack. When people rush up the stairs and turn the corner they rarely notice boomers attached to the wall.
Etro
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: March 02, 2007, 10:18:28 AM

F13etro
BR12 | CR1
-
Standard Assault
Medium Assault
Heavy Assault
Armored Assault 1
Armored Assault 2
Ground Support
BattleFrame Robotics
BFR Anti Aircraft
Standard ExoSuit
Agile ExoSuit

Racked up 50 cave kills in one session the other night, only to find I can't kill anything in a biffer. \o/
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #23 on: March 02, 2007, 07:21:09 PM

Racked up 50 cave kills in one session the other night, only to find I can't kill anything in a biffer. \o/
Get the one with the separate gunner.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #24 on: March 02, 2007, 08:31:49 PM

You can only get the one with the separate gunner to start.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Etro
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: March 02, 2007, 09:30:52 PM

yea you used to be able to cert both the ground and flight variants of bfr's , but they changed it so you need to rack up 100 kills then get a 15 unique kill streak to qualify for the flight bfr.
Evangolis
Contributor

Reply #26 on: March 03, 2007, 12:29:52 AM

Hi, my name's Evangolis, and I'm an alt-aholic.

Newest one is SkarnTok.  He has Air Cav scout and assault, Uni-max, and the freebie Standard Armors and Weapons  (Agile, shot pistol, Suppressor, and grenades).  Mostly flies around in a Reaver locating hostile AA concentrations, and then, if he survives, grannyhacks an Air tower for repairs.  Look up, you'll see me, I'll be the spare parts you see raining down from the sky.

I respecced Vangl to Combat Eng, plus Ground Support (for the AMS, which is pretty agile for a pig), Armor Assault 1 (because the Lighting makes nice explosions), and Medium assault, for the Punisher and the Shotgun, plus the basic armors and weapons.  I miss Rexo.

"It was a difficult party" - an unexpected word combination from ex-Merry Prankster and author Robert Stone.
Strazos

Reply #27 on: March 04, 2007, 01:30:28 AM

I'm not going to be playing my stealther alt anymore; I had 2 spare points on my main, so I just picked up the Infiltration suit cert. I don't have CE, but I rarely used it anyway.

Besides, tossing plasma nades, gunning people down from behind, and getting my stabby-stab on is too much fun. Plus, I can always swap my implants around for when I want to play as a cloaker when I want to.

Fear the Backstab!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  PlanetSide  |  Topic: Your cert build - For Reals This Time  
Jump to: