Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:59:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  PlanetSide  |  Topic: Uhh....vanu on Emerald... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Uhh....vanu on Emerald...  (Read 7953 times)
Stephen Zepp
Developers

InstantAction

on: February 09, 2007, 10:25:06 AM

are totally screwed. The reason you get that 6% exp bonus is because we are outnumbered almost 3:1 on total population. Been playing for 2 hours this morning, and we literally have not even -half- of one other side's population, much less enough to actually do much.

It may sway out to be better in the evenings, but that 6% exp bonus does -not- counter-balance the side inbalance...if it keeps up (I'll know more tonight when I play), then we really may want to pick a different side/server.

Or not...the underdog role can be fun too!

Rumors of War
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 10:27:43 AM

I got an NC loadout just waiting...  :-D

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 10:35:46 AM

Emerald Vanu have always been the underdog, thats why real playas stick with them :)

NC = noobhammer surge...noobs

TR = Locked Down killwhoring MAXes

VS = Bad ass

Then again, I still havent pressed the resub button yet so dont listen to me...

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 10:37:17 AM

I guarantee that I can equally suck on any of the 3 factions.  I'll leave it to you experts to decide. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 10:38:53 AM

Emerald Vanu have always been the underdog, thats why real playas stick with them :)

NC = Heroes where only the true noobs use the jackhammer

TR = Locked Down killwhoring MAXes

VS = Lasher spamming, barney-colored, bunny hopping zerglings.

There, fixed that for ya.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Stephen Zepp
Developers

InstantAction

Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 10:56:48 AM

I'm not going to say "no way we can do vanu", but being outnumbered is a really hard way to learn the game, hehe.

On emerald I do have a br 19 TR which can be useful, and on markov I have a BR 25/Cr3 nc, which can be very useful!

For now working on my vanu br8, and hoping to get cr1 (gives us squad waypoints, which are -very- useful) as soon as I can.

Rumors of War
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 11:25:49 AM

I like the TR vehicles way more. I'd cert up for driving a marauder just because they're fun offroading gameplay, even if I get blowed up real nice. My BR12 is TR/Emerald, rexo grunt.

But Vanu is filled with a lot of the skilled earlier players. The day I signed up, they had won Emerald server the previous day according to the launchpad stats.

Actually, part of my problem is I get distracted easily. While I might be white-knuckled base attack mode for a while, sometimes I like just driving an ATV and doing jumps while rockets whiz around me. I just like to have fun, achievement is a low priority for me :P I'm chaotic!
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 11:37:19 AM

Overall population scale is more or less irrelevant in the face of good squads.  A 30-man platoon of organized players can hold off a hundred zerg without much of a problem.  During the BFR pre-release events, eighteen Vanu and I held a base for half an hour against five times our number in NC.  We settled in tight at the generator room and the basement in front of the control room and killed every rush they threw at us.  They got us in the end, of course, but not before the rest of the Vanu had grabbed one of the artifacts while we kept the NC busy trying to get our base.  (The event revolved around grabbing monoliths to score points, with the winners getting a discount on the requirements for the BFR certifications.)

So really, as long as you can get a few competent squads together, you should have no problem doing whatever you want on a continent.  You probably won't take the continent; while your squads are taking one base, the zerg are taking two back, so be resigned to the fact beforehand.  But the overall territory captured doesn't really affect the individual gameplay.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 11:51:26 AM

Don't care; I'd like to stay on emerald because I have such low latency there.
Stephen Zepp
Developers

InstantAction

Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 01:12:13 PM

Overall population scale is more or less irrelevant in the face of good squads.  A 30-man platoon of organized players can hold off a hundred zerg without much of a problem.  During the BFR pre-release events, eighteen Vanu and I held a base for half an hour against five times our number in NC.  We settled in tight at the generator room and the basement in front of the control room and killed every rush they threw at us.  They got us in the end, of course, but not before the rest of the Vanu had grabbed one of the artifacts while we kept the NC busy trying to get our base.  (The event revolved around grabbing monoliths to score points, with the winners getting a discount on the requirements for the BFR certifications.)

So really, as long as you can get a few competent squads together, you should have no problem doing whatever you want on a continent.  You probably won't take the continent; while your squads are taking one base, the zerg are taking two back, so be resigned to the fact beforehand.  But the overall territory captured doesn't really affect the individual gameplay.

Actually, I agree totally--it's just that most of the f13 crew are pretty new.

That being said, pops ahve balanced out really nicely, so I'm not too worried now--was just a fluke of me playing mornings PST.

Rumors of War
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 01:29:52 PM

I like being the underdog.  It was also amusing when my roomie got his Outfit to come hunting for the little Vanu reservist.  Fortunately the TR made them a little too busy.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #11 on: February 09, 2007, 04:29:39 PM

I like being the underdog.  It was also amusing when my roomie got his Outfit to come hunting for the little Vanu reservist.  Fortunately the TR made them a little too busy.

I'm gonna help him this time. =)

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  PlanetSide  |  Topic: Uhh....vanu on Emerald...  
Jump to: