Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:34:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  PlanetSide  |  Topic: BEP, how does does it work? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BEP, how does does it work?  (Read 4366 times)
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

on: February 08, 2007, 01:48:33 PM

Bhodi was pilioting a Liberator, I was bombing, Cal was gunning.  I killed a tank and 2 people inside.  I got 2k bep and Cal got nothing.  Cal later kills a dude and I got bep.  Doesn't make sense, why is some bep shared and not others.  I guess it doesn't matter.  I am about to hit br6 anyway.

"Me am play gods"
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 02:53:25 PM

If you were all in the same squad at the time you should've shared the BEP unless something's changed in the last year. It's like an MMORPG where everybody in the party shares experience even if you didn't do any damage yourself. This is so "support" types can still get experience (and there are other ways support types can get experience as well).
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 10:52:12 PM

BEP in Planetside is insane.  If you're in a squad, you receive a share of experience for everything your squadmates do, hinging on your proximity to the rest of the squad.  if everyone's close together, everyone gets a big chunk.  That seems straightforward enough, right?  Okay, well on top of that, the person who's furthest from the squad also gets a healthy chunk of the experience.  That's supposed to, in theory, reward the guy who's off flying the Galaxy, running an ANT, etc, so he doesn't get screwed out of all of the experience while helping the party.

If you're a vehicle pilot and a gunner kills someone, you're supposed to get a share, whether they're in your squad or not.

If you are in a vehicle and not the pilot, (a passenger, another gunner) you don't get squat for what other people did, unless they're in your squad, at which point it's shared normally.

If you're in a base area while it's being captured, you will receive a chunk of experience upon the capture.  This amount is based off of the number of enemies who were in the base with you, and the amount of time you were there.  So if you spent five minutes of hectic fighting in a base before it's captured, you can expect much more experience from it than sitting around in an empty base for ten minutes while it's ghost hacked.  To get capture experience, there has to be a good fight at the base before the capture.

If you're fighting in your base while it's being captured by enemies, and you manage to prevent the capture, you receive experience in the same way that you would for capturing an enemy base.  However, in order to encourage people to actually fight hard for their bases, there is an experience bonus for being in a friendly area while killing enemies.  So playing defense can get you more experience than offense in PS, as long as the other side keeps trying to take your base.
Evangolis
Contributor

Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 06:00:02 AM

I got my last two boxes to BR6 on Evangolis in a base defense.  I specced him up full engineer, took the medium armor to carry stuff, and spent a long time in one base, repairing people as they came in, and maintaining the base defenses.  They hit us with 3-4 orbital strikes, 6-10 bombing runs, plus the usual stuff.  I got a few kills, mostly with wall guns, and seemed to pick up a little XP from the repairs I was doing, but toward the end I was still a couple of boxes shy.

So it had been quiet for a while, and I'm checking the backside defenses (they'd been capturing the air tower, and constantly trying that gate), just me and some guy fixing a shot up Wasp, when this Vulture drops right into the court yard.  So I go running toward it like a fool, pumping rockets.  Pilot bails, kills me and the wasp pilot, and we respawn.  I'm just ready to head back out, when bang, I'm BR6.

The Spitfire I'd setup in the repair area did for the vulture pilot, but what I hadn't known was that his mates had charged the front gate while he was going in the back.  What they hadn't known was that I'd filled that gate with 6-8 mines and a couple of Spitfires.  It would seem I got credit for the whole bunch, although I had to replace all the mines and one of the Spitfires.

"It was a difficult party" - an unexpected word combination from ex-Merry Prankster and author Robert Stone.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  PlanetSide  |  Topic: BEP, how does does it work?  
Jump to: