Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:02:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Review: Ar Tonelico 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Review: Ar Tonelico  (Read 3425 times)
ForumBot 0.8 beta
Terracotta Army

on: February 08, 2007, 01:52:49 AM

Review: Ar Tonelico

Ar Tonelico is the latest release from Gust to be localized in America by Nippon Ichi.  This game follows closely in the footsteps of Gust's noteworthy Atelier Iris series in many aspects, but takes one or two extreme departures.  First and foremost this game is a largely traditional RPG, but just below the surface exists a very japanese dating simulation.  Stop and think about that for a second.  Someone in Gust's marketing department thought "dating sim + RPG = gold."  And I'll tell you what, they were pretty right about it on a conceptual level.

» Read More
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 02:25:23 AM

This was submitted by Phildo btw. He's taken a liking to reviewing NISA games. I have enjoyed what I've played of Ar Tonelico though and agree with roughly 90% of his claims.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 06:38:56 AM

I thought this was a DS game at first when I saw the graphics. I know graphics don't make the game, but there's not really an excuse for those kinds of subpar graphics these days, even in RPGs.

Other than that, the game sounds tempting. MuffSoul diving as a powerup mechanic sounds cool.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 09:01:43 AM

DS Game? No, too much color depth. It looks just a notch above the Atelier Iris stuff. And just a notch below Disgaea 2, though it might be of a higher resolution.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Review: Ar Tonelico  
Jump to: