Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:35:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Design/Development  |  Topic: News on the OddWorld devs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: News on the OddWorld devs  (Read 4454 times)
bhodikhan
Terracotta Army

on: February 03, 2007, 02:20:16 PM

An article about the OddWorld folks and what they're doing now.

http://www.edge-online.co.uk/archives/2007/01/why_oddworlds_l.php

-posted for Schild because he's a fan of OddWorld as I recall
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 07:27:59 AM

Interesting.  Another 'this industry is broken' message, this time from the developer side, rather than a retailer.  The first step is to admit you have a problem... unfortunately, the EA's of the world have their fingers in their ears, screaming 'LA LA LA LA LA', and rolling around on big piles of money.

--
Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 06:51:40 PM

Oddworld folks are good people. Thanks for the link.

And no, this is nothing like the online retailer. What this guy just said is true, he's not being a pussy - like the retailer. If I were a developer, I would dread next gen product. Another Sony Platform to learn? lolololol plz no. Anyway, here's to hoping his shit doesn't flop and this game really gets made.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 04:28:38 PM

I've been playing God of War recently and it occurred to me that on the PS3 the budget would have to be amazingly high. God of War took 3 years and looks like it had a good 40 contributors or so just on the PS2.

The problem with new hardware is that tools aren't keeping up and content creation/art production takes up more and more time and budget. In the old days you might spend half your time on gameplay and half on content, now it is 95% content 5% gameplay. And it isn't that gameplay work has gone down - just everything else has shot way up.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 02:40:26 AM

I wonder what Stephen Zepp has to say about this.  Sounds like his cup o tea.
Stephen Zepp
Developers

InstantAction

Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 07:00:52 AM

I wonder what Stephen Zepp has to say about this.  Sounds like his cup o tea.

NDA

Rumors of War
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Design/Development  |  Topic: News on the OddWorld devs  
Jump to: