Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 02:12:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: A Heads-Up for Schild... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Heads-Up for Schild...  (Read 4218 times)
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

on: January 24, 2007, 08:28:48 AM

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 08:30:59 AM

I read that they changed the name.  I wonder why?  I liked the other one better, I think.  The music is cute.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 08:35:09 AM

I tried to sign up for the Beta back in December but the link in the email message I got went to a nonexistent Web server. I'm still intrigued by the prospect of controlling my own group.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 09:21:58 AM

From features:

"Raise Unique Family

Create family of characters in the Barracks system, a sumptuous home and "Dress Room". Each set of characters is born under one Family Name, which each character will carry as a surname. Elevate the prestige of the entire Family by winning duels and completing quests"

... was thinking of something similar as possible formalization/enhancement for the current systems where people juggle between handful of alts. There is/was some other MMO which was planning something similar too, if i recall right, that wants to use the 'family' concept as a way to introduce ability for individual characters to actually die. Will be interesting to see how it pans out in practice.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 09:37:46 AM

Oh, Granado! I missed it. Wanted to have a shot at it since forever.

That reminds me of Voyage Century. Different thread, but hell of a sweet game.

LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 09:40:52 AM

The idea is neat, but the game suffers from an extreme lack of customization. Your only choice at character creation is class. There is only one character model per class. You can recruit npcs into your party, but there aren't many of those to choose from either. A better title might have been: "Granado Espada: Clones of the New World"

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 09:56:28 AM

Well, they're shooting for a summer 2007 release, so they still have time to toss in more models.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
garthilk
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 09:58:35 AM

I like the new name, but wonder what other changes have been made. I notice quite a few features missing from the new features list.

Building and Destorying the Truth in Equal Measure
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 09:59:08 AM

The idea is neat, but the game suffers from an extreme lack of customization. Your only choice at character creation is class. There is only one character model per class. You can recruit npcs into your party, but there aren't many of those to choose from either. A better title might have been: "Granado Espada: Clones of the New World"

That's a whole lot of ponce and prance.

tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 10:03:40 AM

Tbh that doesn't look much different from crowd shots in any other MMO, where everyone runs around in the 'best' gear and so all wind up similar looking anyway. Lack of features customization may be disappointing but on the upside it can mean better performance since the game client has easier work keeping the models loaded, even though they seem to be fairly high resolution.
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 10:47:23 AM

Well, they're shooting for a summer 2007 release, so they still have time to toss in more models.

As if that ever happens with shitty localizations.
schild
Administrator

Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 11:00:55 AM

Saw it the other day. Yes, I'll probably be playi....trying this.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 11:54:01 AM

Hm.

I remember playing the Korean beta and being completely lost.

English would help.

Lookin' forward to screwing around for an hour or two with it, heh.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: A Heads-Up for Schild...  
Jump to: