Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:36:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: EQ2 level progression & race: template vs. cookie cutter 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EQ2 level progression & race: template vs. cookie cutter  (Read 25214 times)
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #70 on: August 09, 2004, 05:24:53 PM

Quote from: Trippy
CoH is still full priced

True, but the game is still relatively brand spanking new.   FFXI, on the other hand, has been released in the states for 10 months for the PC, 5 months for the PS2.   I can usually tell a MMORPG is going pretty poorly because the price will drop.  We'll give CoH another 8 months and see how it stacks up.   It's a fairly good sign it hasn't dropped in price 2 months after release, at least.   Horizons and E&B's prices were in the bargain bin range a month after release.

If EQ2's gameplay turns out to be inferior, methinks I'll resub to FFXI again and give that another spin.   Or else give WoW a spin, which should be out by then.   Ideally, I'd like to participate in the betas of both.
Quote from: Merusk
Geldon- as far as being 'forced' into your final class. (If you're evil you're an SK, good is a Pally) they have stated there will be quests to "prove" yourself to the other city. So you can have a Dark Elf Paladin or a Dwarven Shadowknight, so long as you complete the "difficult" quest to change allegiances.

Interesting.  Perhaps I can be a Ratonga Conjurer after all.   Little rat, big pet.

Eh, but then again, Gnome would be a little more interesting.  Those Ratongas seem somewhat underhanded, which would make for a hard to believe transition to conjurer when Necromancer so readily presents itself.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: August 09, 2004, 10:06:18 PM

There is no point making a game called "Everquest 2" then being all surprised when people think it will/should be like EQ1.
---
My philosophy on things like classes is that you WILL make mistakes. I hate for those sorts of things to be unalterable. Even if you don't make mistakes, maybe you simply want to play a different class with the same character name, all the low level quests completed, etc.

A nice thing about the FFXI job system is that you don't have to redo all the starter quests, get all the items and such you need, visit all the towns again, etc.

I'm not sure if skill points are really any better....so I allocate them then realize my skills are useless. I'm having flashbacks to the AC2 beta where some skills simply didn't work at all or were 100x worse than other skills.

I want to be able to change my mind. (In AC2 I believe you could untrain skills...to be fair)

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: August 10, 2004, 04:16:47 AM

Quote from: Margalis
I'm not sure if skill points are really any better....so I allocate them then realize my skills are useless. I'm having flashbacks to the AC2 beta where some skills simply didn't work at all or were 100x worse than other skills.

I want to be able to change my mind. (In AC2 I believe you could untrain skills...to be fair)

Yes, you could always untrain skills in AC2. And they all work now. ;)

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: EQ2 level progression & race: template vs. cookie cutter  
Jump to: