Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:56:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Elite mobs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Elite mobs  (Read 2171 times)
Xilren's Twin

on: December 14, 2006, 02:39:06 PM

It is just me, or is fighting Elite mobs totally not worth the hassle?

Having played around in the Great Barrow a little bit, plus the elite spiders and orcs in the east Bree lands, and the elite trees in the old forrest, I find no compelling reason to battle those things compared to regular mobs.

Is the entire purpose of Elite just to force grouping for no discernable benefit?

Oh, yeah, i need bigger bank box stat!

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 02:57:47 PM

Named elites have better drops.  Otherwise its just an added challenge built for groups or to make an area more dangerous.  Those elite spiders are a waste to bother with; even if you manage to find a group doing that quest line it is pretty much wasted time.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Elite mobs  
Jump to: