Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:38:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Harold and Kumar go to White Castle 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Harold and Kumar go to White Castle  (Read 1945 times)
Mediocre

Email
on: July 31, 2004, 12:13:43 AM

Disclaimer:  I am a huge "Dude, Where's My Car" fan.

This movie was one of the funniest I have seen in ages.  I laughed, then I laughed so hard I cried, then I laughed so hard I choked and coughed up something (recovering from a minor illness at the moment).  Also, you will not know this from the previews, but it is guest starring Doogie Howser (MD!!!!!11111).

Perhaps it was because the movie accurately reflected how I view anglo white people in real life, but something about it just struck a chord with me.  It was so genuinely "yay".

See it.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: July 31, 2004, 12:38:28 AM

That's funny. Just today I told Ookii I didn't wnat to see The guy from American Pie and Indian dude go eat fast food because it would be like Dude, Where's my car. Looks like I win.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2 on: July 31, 2004, 12:54:42 AM

"Dude Where's My Car" is one of the worst crimes committed against the American viewing public since "Dr. T and the Women".  If it wasn't for Hal Sparks, I'd consider it the worst movie I've ever seen.  

However, this movie got decent reviews.  I might see it on a matinee just because that Asian dude is the only reason I feel seeing American Pie 3 wasn't 2 hours I could have spent better rubbing my eyes with chilli powder.

Perhaps it was because the movie accurately reflected how I view anglo white people in real life

Not everyone can have ninjas for parents...

-Rasix
Mediocre

Email
Reply #3 on: July 31, 2004, 12:59:45 AM

FWIW, it's Kumar (I'll look up the actor's real name in a bit) who steals the show.  'Harold' seemed less at ease with the role than Kumar did.  Either way, the script was top notch.  I dunno, I almost felt "catered to".  Like someone designed a movie based around the people I hung out with.
DA

Email
Reply #4 on: July 31, 2004, 01:28:05 AM

I found it an enjoyable trip of random events that made me laugh. Taking it as anything other than that is asking for disappointment. Although I found that the theater tonight only had about 14 people in it at a 7:10 showing on a friday night. Seems like a grim box office turnout may come monday.
Mediocre

Email
Reply #5 on: July 31, 2004, 01:30:38 AM

I went to a 7:20 showing at the local mall and the theater was packed; some junior high kids in the front row were even beating each other up during the movie at one point, which I suppose is the price one pays for going to a teen comedy.

Maybe my area was atypical, but I think this movie's going to get *really* good word of mouth buzz.
Anonymous

Email
Reply #6 on: August 02, 2004, 09:11:49 AM

Now I know to give this one a total miss.  Thanks!
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 02, 2004, 09:57:58 AM

Went to see this yesterday with the husband, and though it was well worth the full price we paid (no matinees for him).

Like someone else said, if you go looking for deep comedy or anything like that, you'll be disappointed.  It was funny as hell, and didn't descend into complete juvenile bathroom humor all the time.  I thought Harold was just more uptight and anal, that's how the actor was playing him.  I guess that could mean the actor wasn't as comfortable, and Kumar was a riot.  

It's worth at least a matinee if someone's not sure.  Plus, that White Castle commercial that set them off on their quest was funny as hell in itself.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Harold and Kumar go to White Castle  
Jump to: