Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:32:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Release Notes - November 27, 2006 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Release Notes - November 27, 2006  (Read 4377 times)
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

on: November 27, 2006, 03:39:48 PM

Linky

Of Special Note
The level cap is now 50!
Players can now explore Western Angmar!
Dyes are in! Players can now use Dye flasks to color their armor any of ten different colors of varying rarity. Fashionistas unite!
Every Class now has a Class-specific quest at Level 30. Speak to your trainer for the details!
Chat bubbles and chat window opacity are now in! See the Chat section below for more info.

Gameplay

Pets
Players can no longer right-click to toggle on unavailable pet skills.
Players can no longer send their pet in (as if attacking) when they click an unavailable pet skill.
A pet in assist will no longer attack a mesmerized target unless specifically told to do so.
Players will now drop out of combat mode immediately after defeating a monster; the delay has been removed.

Skills
The first quest you complete in the game now gives you enough money to train your first skill. Spend it wisely!
The Following Skills will no longer stop playing when you enter into a negative state:
Champion:
Fervour
Guardian:
Guardian's Defence
Guardian's Parry
Protection
Your weapons will now stay sheathed when you use the following skills:
Track Mines
Track Crop
Track Wood
Savage Strikes now costs 3 Fervour instead of 2.
Brutal Strikes now costs 4 Fervour instead of 3.
Cleave now costs 2 Fervour instead of 3. It also does slightly less initial damage.
Relentless Strike nows costs 4 Fervour instead of 5 and does slightly less damage.
Fervour now increases damage taken from enemy attacks by 35%; it no longer lowers your armor rating.
Herald's Strike now adds a bonus to the yield you receive from healing after its use.
Sweeping Cuts now only has a damage add on its initial attack.
Whirling Retaliation now costs significantly less power and does additional damage.
Retaliation now does additional damage and costs less power.
Fervour no longer costs power per second when toggled on.
Fervour's power regen bonus is now lower.
Fixed a client crash when logging out with the Power of Knowledge skill active.
Quickshot now happens at 50% of the weapon speed. While DPS stays the same, since it is faster each individual shot will be less powerful.
The Hunter's trap will now stay in the world longer (60 seconds) before disappearing. The recovery time on the skill has increased to match.

Traits/Accomplishments
The Dwarf-tosser title has been removed, replaced by Defender of the Halls.
Killing trolls in the Misty Mountains will now give you credit for the Troll-slayer accomplishment.
“Ruins of the Trollshaws” accomplishment is now completable.
Two trait-granting Accomplishments within each class have been replaced by quests.
The Silverdeep mine now has a discoverable landmark.
More Lone-lands quests now count towards quest accomplishments for that region.

User Interface
Your character journal now displays a rating on your melee and ranged combat.
You can now mouse-over the fervour meter (Champions) or focus meter (Hunters) to get a tooltip.
Added tutorial hints for entering stealth and for when you out-level your pet.
Added tutorial for pet summoning.
Removed the stray checkbox next to send money on the mail UI.
The Directional Indicator for your selection is now off by default. It can be turned on in the Options panel.
The Selection Decal will no longer draw on any surfaces that are at an angle greater than 35 degrees off vertical.
Conjunctions are now sorted in the conjunction journal.
Fixed a bug that could cause the client to crash if you Ctrl-clicked an item text link.
You will now see resistance categories explicitly labeled when examinining skills. eg, "Resistance Category: Cry," instead of "Cry."
If you inspect another player, you will now see their current trait loadout, as well as kinship and biography.
There is a new options preference for toggling numbers on health and morale bars. When on, numbers are displayed over the vital bars for your avatar, people in your fellowship, your pet, and your opponent. You no longer have to (or can) click on the vital bars to toggle the visibility of the numbers.
You can no longer destroy your map home.
The loot roll UIs should now disappear when the timer runs out
Ctrl+Tab will select the next item on the landscape
Shift+Ctrl+Tab will select the previous item on the landscape
The Skills UI now shows the user when skills are lost due to unlearning
There are now options to disable/enable your cloak/boots/helmet. All of these are on by default. This affects how everyone sees you in the game.
The "Floaty Information" category on the "UI Setting" options panel has undergone an update. More toggle-able options for everyone!
Some vendors inside buildings will now have mapnotes at the door to let you know they are inside. In addition, when multiple things are inside (say, in Staddle or The Forsaken Inn) you will get a combined tooltip with the list of items inside.
Some work was also done so that the area name display under the radar reflects the area you are in after teleporting to a new location.
When you use something from your inventory, the cursor changes! When an NPC is running drama, if you mouse over them the cursor changes!
Germans can now remap all their keys.

Chat
Everyone's most hated and most loved feature - chat bubbles! These are off by default. Toggling them on will display text from the "say" chat channel for people in your radius over their head, just like NPC text! (Currently, chat bubbles do not look "bubble-like.”)
The "UI Settings" options page now has a chat window opacity slider.
The "Automatically Create IM Sessions" option is now tied to the "Send Tells to IM Chat Tab" option.
When "Send Tells..." is OFF, "Automatically Create..." is ghosted and unable to be changed.
When "Send Tells..." is ON, "Automatically Create..." is available to be set either ON or OFF.
Chat windows would save their size but not their positions. This is now fixed and your chat windows will remember where they were from login to login.

Crafting
The Scholar profession can now create dyes that players can use to color their armor. To do so will require rare recipes and ingredients - happy hunting!
NPCs who grant crafting quests will now show a ring above their head when you reach the appropriate crafting level.
Tailors should now correctly receive a set of light armor recipes, a set of medium armor recipes, and a set of components for each tier of tailoring.
Added new vendor-bought tailoring recipes. Tailors should now find more recipes to purchase at the appropriate tailoring vendors.
Metalworkers should now find a shield recipe in their list for every tier of metalworking.
Removed all remnants of crafting items and recipes that referenced "mallorn" and/or "mithril."

Items
You now automatically pass on unique items that you already own.
All newbie containers now sparkle! MEEEESTER SPARKLE!
Damage from starter weapons have been reduced.
Fixed item description for Gloves of Ithilien
Items marked as indestructible cannot be destroyed, sold, or traded
Updated the visual appearance on all common hats and helmets to look more 'basic'. Uncommon and rare hats/helmets should have a brighter appearance.
The cost of repairing Uncommon & Rare items has been increased substantially.
Added additional filters for weapon shops based on type. This allows you to filter the list of items by weapon-type (Swords, Clubs, Axes, etc.)
Fixed a naming issue with one of the trophy items dropped by brigands.
Further reduced the drop rates on uncommon & rare items from non-elite monsters.
Second Age Fragments and Elf-stones are rarer.
Bows that increase the induction speeds of the hunter's skills did not work with all of the skills. These types of bows should now cause all ranged-skills to fire off faster.
Morale & Power potions are now available at the provisioner.
Most uncommon (yellow) items have prefix/suffix names based on mundane/magical enhancements.
Increased the item use induction for Morale & Power potions. This will further increase the usage speed for these potions.
Increased the price of Morale & Power healing potions.
Lowered the cost on Throwing Weapons (both store bought & crafted)
Added tier 2 to tier 5 tailor recipes to vendors
Added descriptions to Copper, Tin, Barrow Iron, Silver, Rich Iron, Gold, Dwarf-Iron, Platinum, Ancient Iron, and Misty Mountain Silver deposits.
Goblins in the “Refuge of Edhelion” instance will no longer drop uncommon items. They now drop very low- level common items.
All Craft facilities should now have physics.
New High Tier crafting resource nodes have been added to the landscape. Mallorn is replaced with Black Ash. Platinum, Ancient Iron and Misty Mountain Silver can be found on the landscape where appropriate.

Graphics/Animation
The original hobble animation is now back in the game for Human Males.

World/Travel
The Stablemaster in Ost Guruth has been moved to outside of town
A horse may be ridden both ways between Esteldin and Othrikar.
Thorin's Halls interior has now come alive and has a Guardian trainer to boot!
NPC's in Thorin's Halls now have text.
DELETE ME Trolls have been swept from the Giant Valley in the Trollshaws. They will be missed.
The DELETE ME Lynx will no longer threaten players on the High Moor on the way to Rivendell. Fear his named brother, “Moor Hunter,” though.
An NPC masquerading as a spear in the Greenfields has been removed.
Wandering mobs near the Dol Dinen Rally Point have been moved further away to prevent defeated players from aggroing them.
Fixed 2 areas in Archet where players could get stuck.
Fixed an area where a player could exit the Elf newbie instance.
Players should now get sent to the right place when using doors in Elrond's House.
Players should now be able to enter the Midgewater Dungeon.
Players should no longer get stuck between a cliff and tree in the Old Forest.
Fixed the main entrances to Elrond's House and The Prancing Pony.
Fixed an area where players could get out of Archet and leave the playable area.

Miscellaneous
The launcher got a new look!
The Archet milestone has been removed from the newbie instance.
Quests

General:
Abandoning quests will now potentially result in a quest survey.
Stopped Quest Items from disappearing while in combat (again). Quest Items should always be glowing if you have an active quest event for them.
Specific quests:
The players can now finish the “Cat's Meow” quest by killing six Hendrovail.
Calder Cob had a typo where he claimed ownership over you. Apparently, being behind bars gave him some strange delusions.
Those foolish Blackwold brigands missed collecting a couple of their notices near the wolf den in the Chetwood Forest. A litter detail was formed and the letters should no longer be found lying in the muck!
The quest “A Critical Strike” now requires that you use six sheep corpses while in posession of the poison. We also decided that Jagger was super cool and all, but not worth giving such a large retinue of guards.
The quest “Blackwold Thieves” required you to deal with a pull of four mobs, one of which was a signature level mob at roughly 8th level. We decided that we need less "let's kill our players" and more "let our players have fun." The camp pull was abandoned and the extraneous super tough boss was removed.
When on the “Half-breed Thieves” quest in the Lone-lands, you will now be told through the billboard when you have collected one of the relics needed to complete the quest.
Dannasen, when finishing the “Sister's Love” quest left the player with the purified phial from Goldberry. This was leading to some confusion over what to do next. Dannasen now keeps the phial and gives it back when the player is ready to confront the Arch Nemesis of the Red-Maid Arc.
Added the correct object to the carrying animation for the “Our Greatest Find” quest. In other words, no more crate on hand!
The quest text of “Terror in the Sky” now refers to the proper monster.
The quest text in the Epic book 2 was updated to reflect the correct monster name.
Picking up the sand, gypsum or stone for the "Sprung a Leak" quest causes the item to disappear
Removed temporary text in a quest event for “Beneath the Greenfields.”
Removed temporary text in a quest event for “Beneath the Greenfields.”
Removed the Leafpile that was used in a quest that's now gone.
'Master of the Risen' is now Fellowship-recommended.
More of the slope mentioned in 'Calenthon and Malloval' now counts for the quest.
The Ancient Emblem should now properly drop as part of 'The Will of the Iron, Part II'
Boromir now has the colortext he was missing.
Updated "Loremaster in Brown" because it was unlikely but possible that Radagast would not be at the place specified in the quest. Now his alternate location is mentioned, so he can be found to complete this quest there instead if necessary.
Corrected "fixme" text in “To A Ranger's Aid” instance quest
Lindir's comments following completion of the Riddle-master quest no longer result in a stringtable error.
Hodric Bracegirdle's Old Forest quests have been put into a sequence.
All gears for the various puzzle-vault "gear" quests are now removed from inventory after each quest.
Players with the Fornost bypass key will now be able to get past certain locked doors in Fornost.
The quest targets for the “Bird in the Hand” quest in the North Downs have been changed to match the monster name changes.
It was possible to get trapped in Violet Underhill's wagon. Now it's much harder to become trapped (but a dedicated player can still do it, with help.)
The second door in the “Broken Alliance” cave is now functional; you can leave the instance either from the front or the back door.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 12:28:53 AM

Not had time to log in yet myself, but these seem to be the major bugs or unlisted changes that some people have noticed.

Your bank vault might not work.
A Hunter trait that makes arrows shoot faster has been removed.
Minstrels have lost the ability to use medium armour.
Lore-Masters have lost the Hardy Bear trait
Guardians Overwhelm skill no longer knocks mobs down or starts a conjunction on a critical.
Calandryll
Developers

Would you kindly produce a web game.

Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 02:26:13 PM

Not had time to log in yet myself, but these seem to be the major bugs or unlisted changes that some people have noticed.

Your bank vault might not work.
A Hunter trait that makes arrows shoot faster has been removed.
Minstrels have lost the ability to use medium armour.
Lore-Masters have lost the Hardy Bear trait
Guardians Overwhelm skill no longer knocks mobs down or starts a conjunction on a critical.

Those are bugs. We're updating the known issues list now.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 03:28:47 PM

North East shire is borked.  -In the valley north of the eastern bridge from Bree-  I attack a monster, do damage initially, then miss with every shot thereafter.  Westish, where there are mines with spiders, seems fine.

edit.  Poor Cal, he must have his hands busy with the official  NDA boards.  Give him an intern or two to police the boards!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 03:44:54 PM by Cheddar »

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 05:34:44 PM

Does anyone know if the horse route from Bree to the Elven lands was taken way on purpose? 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 06:38:04 PM

The Dwarf-tosser title has been removed, replaced by Defender of the Halls.
Boo!
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 11:46:40 PM

A crash in patching corrupted my install and I deleted my original setup file, GO ME, can I beta or what  :D

Guess I'll play tomorrow night.
WayAbvPar

Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 08:08:26 AM

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THE PATCHER?Huh

I got home last night clutching my new purchase (Medieval 2 Total War), ready to install it. I figured I would quickly patch both Eve and LOTRO before I installed M2. Eve took about 45 seconds for a ~60mb patch. I then went on to LOTRO. 2.5 hours later, it was STILL DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING. At one point, the progress meter showed my at 240% of the full time. I finally decided to take the chance and installed M2 while the patch was still running. I played through both of the tutorials and then quit, since it was time for bed. Lo and behold, LOTRO was finally done, 3+ hours after I started. I am not even sure if the patch worked or not, and I am not sure I care. Talk about frustrating and annoying.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 08:29:39 AM

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THE PATCHER?Huh

I got home last night clutching my new purchase (Medieval 2 Total War), ready to install it. I figured I would quickly patch both Eve and LOTRO before I installed M2. Eve took about 45 seconds for a ~60mb patch. I then went on to LOTRO. 2.5 hours later, it was STILL DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING. At one point, the progress meter showed my at 240% of the full time. I finally decided to take the chance and installed M2 while the patch was still running. I played through both of the tutorials and then quit, since it was time for bed. Lo and behold, LOTRO was finally done, 3+ hours after I started. I am not even sure if the patch worked or not, and I am not sure I care. Talk about frustrating and annoying.

A shitload of people were just added to beta.  The boards have already started to degrade as a consequence.  Lots of posts asking which class is a "paladin class."  Sigh.

Oh, anyhow, this may be why things are going slow.  They need to fix the pathing in game; it is shitty since latest patch. 

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 08:35:06 AM

Guess I'll fire up the patcher when I get home.  I imagine I'll play some on Tuesday when the huge WoW 2.0 patch predictably breaks the servers.

Cheddar, you know that in your sig you don't need the "-Raph", it says it's from him in the quote tag :)

-Rasix
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 08:36:53 AM

Guess I'll fire up the patcher when I get home.  I imagine I'll play some on Tuesday when the huge WoW 2.0 patch predictably breaks the servers.

Cheddar, you know that in your sig you don't need the "-Raph", it says it's from him in the quote tag :)

Yeah, I know.  Thanks for reminding me, I keep meaning to fix it. 

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Release Notes - November 27, 2006  
Jump to: