Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:06:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Everquest 2 Characters 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everquest 2 Characters  (Read 32704 times)
addryc
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: August 04, 2004, 11:15:55 AM

Goddamn!  I can't STAND when they pull this kinda shit!  I HATED the fact that DAoC split off into a European version and a US version - as I had a bunch of friends in the UK I wanted to play with - but lo and behold - they had to buy me a copy and send me over the CD key!  Stupid Stupid Stupid.  I thought SOE wouldn't make this kinda mistake as they have been very good with regard to this (EQ, SWG) aspect of gaming up until now.

Go ahead and make localized servers - thats fine and great - low ping is a good thing - don't tell people they can't play with their friends!

Quote from: schild
Hmmm, while there are a number of people that I'd love to play EQII with from Europe, this is a surefire way most of the players in EQII will speak some sort of English.

Quote from: Betawatcher
It seems a decision has been made on Servers & choice in EQ2; this is a warning to anyone who wants to pre-order the game: Choose carefully, as they are restricting US clients to US servers & Euro/UK clients to Euro/UK servers.

For those of you in the UK and other parts Europe, I'm sure someone on f13 would be willing to work something out to get an account going for you.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #71 on: August 04, 2004, 11:28:32 AM

Why are the males in that "nekkid" link wearing granny panties???
Choose carefully, as they are restricting US clients to US servers & Euro/UK clients to Euro/UK servers.

Patriot Act: The Gaming Appendix! We will not allow terrorists (ie: foreigners) to play on god-blessed american servers! ;)
schild
Administrator

Reply #72 on: August 07, 2004, 11:56:05 AM

Looks like there was enough bitching. You will be able to pick any server. I rejoice and weep at the same time.
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #73 on: August 07, 2004, 01:28:14 PM

Can't say that I found the EQ character apparances all that lousy.   They don't show animations off much in the character generator at all, but when you see them in action in the trailer they look marvelous.

It's clear that there's been some departure from the old style.   Things have changed a bit since the original Everquest, background wise.   For example, the Erudites have gone all funky alien on us, having skin that seems to vary between ebony to green to silky white, and possess wierd sigils that only show up when light shines on them.    Certain gender/race combinations appear to have special accessories, such as shrouds or piercings or glasses.

The race pages on the EQ2 website are fairly nifty.  Looks like it includes the actual attributes you start out with for the various races.

schild
Administrator

Reply #74 on: August 08, 2004, 07:08:33 AM

Hrmmm, was just reading some of the lore for EQ2. Two things I noticed.

1. I don't give a shit about lore. Probably because almost every piece of lore I've ever read is just utter crap. Fourth rate shit that wouldn't cut it in a fantasy/sci-fi novel.

2. Companies need to hire people who have a grasp on how to write fiction. There are enough dialogue modifiers on that one page to drown an English professor.

Anyway, link provided above in case lore blows your hair back.

Edit: Just for some fun, here's some of the aformentioned above modifiers (this is all from ONE PAGE OF DIALOGUE):

shaking her head
countered
scowled and shook her head
interjected
shook his head
interjected
scowled
growled
countered
cackled gleefully
asserted
her gaze moving from one god to the next
perked
continued
breaking her long silence
nodded
nodded
grinned
rubbed his chin thoughtfully
shrugged
sighed sadly
[spoke] for the first time since he had entered the chamber
said at last
coldly
spoke
stood next to her
responded softly
approached the two goddesses
replied
muttered to himself

SWEET ASS. YOU'RE FIRED.
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #75 on: August 08, 2004, 05:53:48 PM

Granted, utilizing professional fantasy stories coordinated by real writers to herald a game prior to it's release didn't seem to save Ultima: Origin.

Perhaps they're going for crappy writing in order to stave off the possibility somebody from SoE will decide EQ2 competes with EQ1 too much.

jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: August 09, 2004, 06:41:33 AM

Quote from: geldonyetich
Perhaps they're going for crappy writing in order to stave off the possibility somebody from SoE will decide EQ2 competes with EQ1 too much.

Bingo.  But that is probably a topic for another thread.

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Everquest 2 Characters  
Jump to: