Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:45:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Map bug 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Map bug  (Read 2998 times)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

on: November 15, 2006, 01:27:20 PM

I love the new map thingy (is it new?  Did not get it when I first started beta) but make sure NOT to use it until you hit another milestone.  If you use it before then you will go into the waybackmachine, ala pre burning buildings. 

This happened to me and I was able to fix it by running to the lodge, entering the building, then leaving the building.  Someone else around here died and it warped them back to post burning.  Just a friendly FYI :)

I wish they would lower the wait time on the map!

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 01:45:42 PM

It'd be nice if they told us when we are suppose to touch a milestone .. I just happened to do it out of curiosity!

- Viin
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 01:57:41 PM

The horse system needs to be a bit more....commonsensical.

It's a stupid system that I can only horse someplace I have walked to.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 02:02:40 PM

Actually, no, I think it is common sense; although sure, the game has your horse move automatically, if you think about a 'realistic' setting, you would be guiding the horse to the next stable; if you haven't been there, you'd have to wander around to find it, which the penny thrift dwarf stablemaster won't let you do. You have to show you know where you're going :P

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 02:25:13 PM

No - there are things called maps. Granted I should be able to actually BUY a horse and ride it where ever too though.

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 02:35:48 PM

Yes, but the maps from the Tolkien novels would have made it wicked hard to navigate beyond the macro level.

/dork

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Map bug  
Jump to: