Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:06:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  Topic: GDC 07 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GDC 07  (Read 77033 times)
DataGod
Terracotta Army

on: November 14, 2006, 11:59:32 AM

Well I'm registering pretty soon......

Anyone else registered yet?
Stephen Zepp
Developers

InstantAction

Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 01:03:09 PM

GG sends a crew, as always. E3 was never huge on our list (we sent 2 people last year, while we sent 14 to GDC), but we'll have some fun stuff to play with.

Rumors of War
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 09:34:03 PM

I am hoping to go.  However, it's the week after the CA bar exam ends, and I don't know if I can afford to fly out there and back twice AND pay for admission to GDC.  Sucks too, cause a friend of mine is giving a talk and I wanted to check it out.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 09:46:21 PM

Ichiro Otobe of SquareEnix will be giving the opening keynote at GDC.  Looks like Square will also have some demos and stuff there also.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 10:29:29 PM

And now they've announced that Shigeru Miyamoto will be doing a keynote at GDC as well.

"A Creative Vision"
Shigeru Miyamoto is perhaps the world’s most recognized video game developer, creator of industry icons like Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong and Nintendogs.  In addition, he is the behind-the-scenes engine of innovation for many other notable Nintendo breakthroughs. 

In his keynote address at the 2007 Game Developers Conference, Shigeru Miyamoto will reveal how a singular creative vision drives his work, not only in terms of his world-renown software, but also in generating key technologies, including the current global phenomena, Nintendo DS and Wii.  And he will challenge the audience to apply his approach in their own distinctive styles.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 10:57:53 PM

I'll be there. It's too close to my office to not go.

There will be drink. Oh yes, there will be drink...
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 08:09:22 AM

And now they've announced that Shigeru Miyamoto will be doing a keynote at GDC as well.

"A Creative Vision"
Shigeru Miyamoto is perhaps the world’s most recognized video game developer, creator of industry icons like Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong and Nintendogs.  In addition, he is the behind-the-scenes engine of innovation for many other notable Nintendo breakthroughs. 

In his keynote address at the 2007 Game Developers Conference, Shigeru Miyamoto will reveal how a singular creative vision drives his work, not only in terms of his world-renown software, but also in generating key technologies, including the current global phenomena, Nintendo DS and Wii.  And he will challenge the audience to apply his approach in their own distinctive styles.

I'd like to go just for that.  And the moneyhats.  Sadly I have no free time or cash to cross the continent to get there.  Have one for me.
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 05:19:16 PM

Fuck that. It's all about seeing Suda 51 speak. If anyone goes, I want a goddamn liveblog beamed to my brain of his speech.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 06:27:30 PM

I have successfully wrangled myself an exhibitor pass for the 8th and 9th (Thu-Fri).  Downside: I won't get to go to any of the talks and I'll be trapped at my booth most of the day.  Upside: I'll be getting paid to be there instead of having to take vacation time and pay for a ticket.

Luckily I've already met both SZ and Yoru so I'll know who to throw gliders at.   evil

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Yoru

Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 11:33:51 AM

For anyone else coming to GDC, I'm going to have a little unofficial meetup on Monday night (the 5th) for the entertainment and enjoyment of locals and earlybirds alike. There's a nice lil' bar near the convention center that happens to have a live open-mic music night on Mondays, and there's usually a couple really good acts sprinkled in.

PM me if you're interested and want directions. I usually head down around 7-7:30, music starts at 8.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 11:33:46 AM

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Yoru

Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 01:28:15 PM

There's so many parties Tuesday and Thursday, it's almost unreal.
DataGod
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: February 28, 2007, 06:22:18 PM

Fuck that. It's all about seeing Suda 51 speak. If anyone goes, I want a goddamn liveblog beamed to my brain of his speech.

Eh, my schedule is like 20 fing pages thick, when is he speaking? I'll be live blogging it to our sites news stream (truely a secksy customized news reader, but its still closed beta) as well as the external blog which everyone can access, I can stop by and get the goods for you mon, I got the wallet crushing GIGA (but it is a tax write off :) so I should have access to the talk wherever it is..

Anyhow I'll be there all week, so if anyones looking to knock a few back let me know :)
schild
Administrator

Reply #13 on: February 28, 2007, 06:33:03 PM

I've actually got coverage now, but thanks for the offer.
Yoru

Reply #14 on: February 28, 2007, 07:13:19 PM

I've actually got coverage now, but thanks for the offer.

I dunno if I can get a laptop, man. :(

I think I can get a laptop, man. :)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 01:58:42 PM by Yoru »
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #15 on: March 01, 2007, 09:21:32 PM

So who/where/when is someone in the bay area from f13 buying me a drink?  Or was that all a dream?

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Yoru

Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007, 09:39:33 PM

So who/where/when is someone in the bay area from f13 buying me a drink?  Or was that all a dream?

Yo. PM me. We'll do some boozin' whenevs.

At least, whenevs you want to come to San Francisco proper.
DataGod
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: March 10, 2007, 07:41:21 PM

Dont drink with Yoru, he waits until your stupid drunk then takes pictures of you.... evil
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 10:55:28 AM by DataGod »
Yoru

Reply #18 on: March 10, 2007, 07:54:59 PM

Dont drink with Yoru, he takes waits until your stupid drunk then takes pictures of you.... evil

... what's "takes waits" mean?
DataGod
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: March 11, 2007, 10:54:58 AM

eh, must still be drunk from that CCP thing, cant seem to even post correctly :)

Thanks for showing me around!

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: March 14, 2007, 08:21:21 AM

We going to get some write ups?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Yoru

Reply #21 on: March 14, 2007, 11:03:36 AM

We going to get some write ups?

There's one already on the frontpage (the Garage bands one is about GG).

The others are coming; I came down with the Australian Death Flu for a while, and was barely able to sit up, let alone transcribe audio.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #22 on: March 14, 2007, 04:02:09 PM

I was thinking about jotting notes on a few things I saw on the exhibit floor that looked cool (I didn't get to go and listen to talks or anything like Mr. Fancypants with his shiny badge), but my interest in them was mostly academic and not directly applicable to the gamer at large.  Plus, they don't show off anything top-secret on the main floor so it'd mostly be information that's been widely available for a while already.  If you want to hear about it anyway, though, I can write up a little bloggy somethin-somethin.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: March 14, 2007, 06:30:35 PM

Yeah, just a few general impressions of stuff you saw would be nice.  The information about specific details you can just refer off to the intarweb but unbiased opinions are always helpful.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #24 on: March 15, 2007, 08:07:48 PM

Fuuuck.  I had a decent little writeup all good to go and then, through a stroke of hebephrenic stupidity so masterful I can't describe it on a public forum, lost it.  So just click here, here, here, and here.  I'm going to go get some dinner and then maybe hang myself.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: March 18, 2007, 02:54:58 PM

Thanks Samwise,

Sorry about the write-up, I appreciate the effort.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #26 on: March 18, 2007, 04:58:03 PM

Half of it you kinda had to be there for anyway.   tongue  Do check out the Kynogon demo videos, though.

Etro
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: April 07, 2007, 09:42:19 AM

Yoru

Reply #28 on: April 07, 2007, 02:05:55 PM

I still have a Raph interview coming. It's just ridiculously long and taking forever to transcribe. undecided
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: April 30, 2007, 01:34:49 PM

I still have a Raph interview coming. It's just ridiculously long and taking forever to transcribe. undecided

This interview coming out anytime soon?  Kinda interested in it....
Yoru

Reply #30 on: April 30, 2007, 01:46:49 PM

I swear I'll get around to finishing the transcription one of these days. I've been ridiculously busy, and buying a PS2 hasn't helped.  embarassed
SimuKaren
Developers

Simutronics

Reply #31 on: May 03, 2007, 07:05:33 AM

Damn those video games... ambition thieves, all of them!

"Let the tigers come with their claws!" - The Rose, The Little Prince
Yoru

Reply #32 on: May 14, 2007, 01:04:54 AM

This interview coming out anytime soon?  Kinda interested in it....

Part The First posted, more coming soonish.

Damn those video games... ambition thieves, all of them!

It's much easier when a wall keeps murdering you. undecided
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  Topic: GDC 07  
Jump to: