Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 09:34:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Weapon Upgrades 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weapon Upgrades  (Read 3945 times)
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

on: November 11, 2006, 09:02:32 PM

I've decided to stick with frigates for a while as far as combat goes - upgrade to a cruiser for ratting/missions, get my industry skills up and produce my own frigates. However my question is this: what are the Weapon Upgrade equips I should be getting for my Incursus? Right now I run 3x 150mm Railgun Is with thorium ammo (generally) and a token shield booster.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 09:33:43 AM

I've decided to stick with frigates for a while as far as combat goes - upgrade to a cruiser for ratting/missions, get my industry skills up and produce my own frigates. However my question is this: what are the Weapon Upgrade equips I should be getting for my Incursus? Right now I run 3x 150mm Railgun Is with thorium ammo (generally) and a token shield booster.
I miss my Incursus. :) That was a fun ship to fly.
TheDreamr
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 12:37:54 PM

For frigate sized weapons the only useful weapon upgrade would be a Magnetic Field Stabilizer, for increasing your damage output a little.  There are also tracking speed upgrades, but they're generally overkill on a frigate with fast-tracking guns.

All other turret improvements would be tied to skills from the gunnery skill branch.

edit button addict.
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 04:04:11 PM

Thanks for your replies. Another question - do you think it's viable to solo Worlds Collide in a frigate, and what sort of setup would you use if you tried?
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 04:23:39 PM

Thanks for your replies. Another question - do you think it's viable to solo Worlds Collide in a frigate, and what sort of setup would you use if you tried?

Yeah, that's a level one mission, right?  Should be doable in a decently equipped frigate.  I don't think you can even take anything larger through the jump gate, unless they've changed it.  There should be some tips on it in this thread, if you're having trouble (St.Gabe has an Incursus setup in there for that mission, as the very last post).
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 02:12:13 AM

Worlds Collide is, done right, really easy in a decent frigate.  I did it in a Merlin plenty and never had to jump out.

Don't run for the gate hen you warp into the second room (is it the second?  The one with the missile frigs that jump you when you warp in).  Be patient, fly immediately away from the attackers, who are on the edge of the swarm anyway, and out into empty space.  Take them down then kite any others you want to kill before jumping.  Make sure you're using the appropriate resists for the gate you choose when you have to pick one of two, and it should be a dawdle.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 10:48:11 AM

I ran it in my Incursus several times. Just shield boosted and hit afterburner when I hit the second room -- got into the third with my armor a bit dented, but otherwise fine.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 11:28:45 AM

You need a frigate to run Worlds Collide, yes.  I did that one a week or two ago in a Tristan fitted with two launchers, one drone, and it was a cakewalk.  The second gate had me a LITTLE worried but it wasn't close by any means.  I shot down a few rats in the first part but then I just ran for it, afterburnered at something like 644m/s IIRC.  Shield was gone before I got close to the second gate but I had plates and a repper and just cruised right through the whole thing.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 11:31:24 AM

I think the gate will allow an intercepter. It's really not that bad. I shield tanked through room two with just the small shield booster and a little bit of skill in shields. Nothing huge.

Just make sure you're hauling ass to the gate. If you're not well over 400m/s, you're not going to make it.
TheDreamr
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 11:53:38 AM

Gate in L1 WC will allow anything "frigate sized" ie. frigates and destroyers.   Strangely enough this also includes their T2 counterparts.

edit button addict.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 12:12:57 PM

I meant destroyer. Not sure why I said intercepter.
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 13, 2006, 01:04:34 PM

Thanks for the advice, I guess I'll give this a try tonight.
TheDreamr
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 13, 2006, 02:33:45 PM

I meant destroyer. Not sure why I said intercepter.

Interceptor *is* a T2 frigate :p

edit button addict.
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: November 13, 2006, 04:16:37 PM

Increasing your survivability in a Gallente frig is all about getting a small armor rep (T2 as soon as you can) and a plate.
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: November 13, 2006, 10:01:15 PM

So, armor rep+ plate instead of shield booster+extender? Is there any particular reason?
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: November 13, 2006, 11:41:21 PM

It's not obvious with the frigates but Gallente ships are all armor tankers. You're better off learning those skills as they will be useful to you when you're in the larger ships with tons of low slots.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: November 14, 2006, 09:58:16 AM

It's not obvious with the frigates but Gallente ships are all armor tankers. You're better off learning those skills as they will be useful to you when you're in the larger ships with tons of low slots.
I'm glad to hear it's not obvious with Gellente frigs. I had to get some advice for my Vex after my first L2 mission had me down to the hull. Refitted with 1600mm plate, a medium armor rep, and damage controls -- life got easy at that point.

The small remote armor rep I've got for the drones has saved me a lot of cash, though....
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: November 17, 2006, 01:10:06 AM

I'm really surprised that everyone runs for the second gate in WC.  Is this necessity or convenience?  In a Merlin I was quite happily able to clear the area, and never even dipped into armour when I did the swarms a group at a time.  I know the Merlin is a neat little craft, but surely it's not that much better?

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: November 21, 2006, 06:41:36 AM

I don't know how it scales up.  In a frigate, I'd just rush through to the end, grab the NPC's, dock them at the station, then go back and clear everything; this way if my ship gets blown up I don't fail the mission as I can just dock and talk to the agent to report success whenever I want to.  But, L2 and L3 versions of the mission they may shoot too many cruise missiles or something, do too much burst damage at some point that they aren't survivable.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Weapon Upgrades  
Jump to: