Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:39:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Titan Quest  |  Topic: What A Deeply Unfunny Game. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What A Deeply Unfunny Game.  (Read 71892 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #35 on: November 10, 2006, 08:41:11 AM

The pc is dead, you neanderthal.

rolleyes
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: November 10, 2006, 08:48:13 AM

You guys make me feel like Old Man Murray these days.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: November 10, 2006, 09:16:59 AM

PC gamers: the jews of gaming.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #38 on: November 10, 2006, 01:28:39 PM

He's saying that I need a console to be social.

Hopefully not, because that's not right.  Even Schild must cave on the issue of the MOG.  Yes, this will disappear when the next version of the Xbox and PS evolve.  Not today, though.

My stance is not that PC gaming is waning, but rather it is being eclipsed by the growing console market.  It's just not the place to go to make a quick buck.  The PC game will always be around, and it will fill the areas that consoles, in their mass-market wisdom, do not.  Sort of like UNIX/Linux games today.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: November 10, 2006, 02:05:21 PM

Same as it's always been, just with a bigger marketshare. I remember my friends mocking me playing Ultima 5 while they played Super Mario.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #40 on: November 10, 2006, 05:11:08 PM

There are cheat mods available to edit your character, that gave the game some extra life for me.  You can destroy Typhon easily even with a build not suited for him.  I just kept trying out all the different class combos to see what they were like by giving myself thousands of class points.

The game was an odd one, I started out really loving it, I couldn't stop playing.  Then, somewhere in Asia, I lost all enthusiasm and just played through to see the ending.  I don't think I've ever tired of a game so quickly.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #41 on: November 12, 2006, 02:28:16 PM

Sigged.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: November 13, 2006, 06:22:26 PM

Oh, dear.  What does that make Mac gamers?
schild
Administrator

Reply #43 on: November 13, 2006, 06:39:42 PM

Oh, dear.  What does that make Mac gamers?
Baby Jesus Killers. Also, crazy.

Funny how that works.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #44 on: November 13, 2006, 07:41:38 PM

Stop bumping this thread, I want to forget about this game. This awful, awful frustrating game.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #45 on: November 16, 2006, 11:05:01 AM

Internet connected consoles are still fairly new, and the number of titles that support online gameplay while growing is still minor. The growth tends to be in competitive gameplay rather than cooperative gameplay. Its in the latter area where the PC is still dominant. The handful of cooperative console games that I've tried have sucked really badly. I'm sure it will change with time, but they will inevitably incorporate voice comms, which tends to relocate the gamer to another room in the house. Typing insults to your party members is still attractive for us aging bastards who want to play games without isolating ourselves. And that's pretty much out of the design scope of most console games.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Titan Quest  |  Topic: What A Deeply Unfunny Game.  
Jump to: