Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:43:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Titan Quest  |  Topic: What A Deeply Unfunny Game. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What A Deeply Unfunny Game.  (Read 71719 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

on: November 05, 2006, 06:28:52 AM

Warfare/Defense, lvl 30 with some really nice loot.

Typon owns me.  No questions asked.  Not even a scratch.

What a sad game.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 07:48:59 AM

L2P ?

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Knowing you spec would help us solve this problem.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 08:04:32 AM

Spec ?

You mean I should put points in skills ?

shocked

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 02:01:14 AM

I have 10 Warfare, 16 Defense.  I'm heavily invested in Onslaught and the whirlwindy one.  I have Batter (the Scottish Skill) highly paid for and I'm using blunt weapons for the most excellent stun.

I'm also extremely fucked off because I watched some of the videos in this forum of the Summoners owning this guy in nanoseconds.  I can't even touch him.

Reading the threads, I'm told that I'm not doing anything wrong, per se, I just need more equipment, different resist trinkets and I should expect a fight like this to last at least 20 to 30 minutes.

Fuck That.

It's so not funny.

schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 02:05:03 AM

First time I fought him I summoned my titan (warlock duder) and leveled Typhon in about 15 seconds. He's never taken me more than a minutes. It takes longer for me to wreck one of the statues around him.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 02:11:44 AM

See, someone said that destroying the statues will remove his powers.  I can't even target the statues.  What's up with that ?

schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 02:44:32 AM

Destroying the statues is a waste of time. Just bulk yourself up as much as possible, grind a bit on the dragons, and fucking OWN HIM. Go head on. Punch him right in the kisser.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 03:00:32 AM

I'm grinding in a Single Player game.  Sigh.  This could be The End Of The World of Warcraft.

schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 03:01:39 AM

You kinda thrashed through the game if you didn't beat Typhon the first time.

I rare loot grind in games like this (think you're meant to) but for levels, nah.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 03:07:01 AM

Well, that's a design fault surely ?  What bothers me most is that every single other enounter except the Cyclops when I was young has been totally trivial.

Go up, stitch him one with Shield bash, grab loot.  Seriously, walk in the park stuff.  Except when I get to the end, proud of myself, and encounter 'MR Nasty-Bastard-2007'.

:(

Strazos

Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 09:09:02 AM

I'm fairly sure an end boss is going to ignore stuns, so you may want to spec out of that.

I dunno, I went warfare/rogue and trashed him. I was also around your level I think. It can get a bit dicey depending on his swings, but it should be doable. You may also want to invest a point or two into the battle marker (flag) skill - it's very helpful.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #11 on: November 06, 2006, 09:13:40 AM

Dammit, now I have to find that CDROM again.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 06, 2006, 09:54:13 AM

I'm fairly sure an end boss is going to ignore stuns, so you may want to spec out of that.

I dunno, I went warfare/rogue and trashed him. I was also around your level I think. It can get a bit dicey depending on his swings, but it should be doable. You may also want to invest a point or two into the battle marker (flag) skill - it's very helpful.

Yeah, I have that, but it's not that helpful since I don't actually get to hit him that much before I'm ruthlessly smushed.

Do the statues become targetable at some point ?

Strazos

Reply #13 on: November 06, 2006, 10:03:08 AM

I believe the destruction of the statues was patched out at some point. You know about the buff shrines in the area, right?

And anyway, you Should be able to hit him. If you cannot even land swings, then that's some other problem.

Fear the Backstab!
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #14 on: November 06, 2006, 02:54:52 PM

I believe the destruction of the statues was patched out at some point. You know about the buff shrines in the area, right?

Yes, the statues were patched out.  Haven't played the game in a while but checked out the patch notes the other day after the expansion was announced (was curious to see what had changed since I last played).
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: November 06, 2006, 03:23:11 PM

Oh, I can land swings.  But so can he.  And I take him down a pixel and he removes half my life.

It's not what you'd call a trade.

:)

Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: November 06, 2006, 08:16:20 PM

The last patch gave a HUGE buff to Typhon.  Also took away the awesome loot tables that bosses had, I'm told.   :-( 

My War/Def guy took him out with a combination of the shield charge skill and a lot of of health potions.  Charge in, whack a few times, run away before he does any/much damage, take a potion to heal if necessary.  Wait for the cooldown on the charge to go away while running around, and repeat.  May want to spec out of whirlwind for Typhon, as it doesn't really help you with him.   
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #17 on: November 07, 2006, 01:48:10 AM

If this is true, the expansion sounds pretty underwhelming:

Expansion Article in "Holiday '06" PC Gamer!

TQ - Immortal Throne Early '07

- 1 new Act (size of All Greece & offer 10-15hrs of gameplay)
- 30 new Quests
- 20 new Monster types
- LvL Cap at 75
- 1 New Complete mastery "Dream Mastery" , ='s 8 New Classes
- Scrolls (1 shot Buffs) @ Merchants
- Enchanters (Merchants) remove Relic/Charms for a price, item or charm is destroyed in the process. Not sure if you pick which one heh
- Enchanters allow access to Alter of Creation! Lets you create your own Artifacts (if you have all the items needed) VERY expensive
- Caravans in ALL the Major Cities supply access to your Character's storage Vault!!!! Which CAN be accessed by ALL/ANY of your toons!!!
- more than 250 Uniques (Weapons & Armor) in addition to 100's of new common pieces than will combine with the affix system, new relics & charms
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #18 on: November 07, 2006, 10:08:34 AM

Awesome, I guess they hired a lead programmer fairly quickly after placing the ad.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: November 07, 2006, 12:43:50 PM

Only 1 new skill tree?  May pass on this one...
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #20 on: November 07, 2006, 04:23:51 PM

I'm grinding in a Single Player game.  Sigh.

Thank you.  I now feel justified in having ignored this game.   Thumbs up!

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: November 08, 2006, 01:57:24 AM

I actually bought it for the wife, who's a massive Diablo II fan.  She's yet to play it.  Something to do with having her own timesink now, I think.

You know, WoW.

:)

Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #22 on: November 09, 2006, 02:42:54 PM

There is no point to this game. You are just supposed to revel in the fabulous loot and how fast you can kill swarms of mobs. So exactly like D2 then.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #23 on: November 09, 2006, 06:56:15 PM

I was a big Diablo 2 fan but I don't like Titan Quest at all.  It was a bit fun in the beginning but wore off quickly when I figured out that I had to do the same stuff three times only it would be progressively harder.  Forget it.  Big yawn.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: November 10, 2006, 01:49:09 AM

Just so people can leave this graveyard alone :  I gave up.

Wife and I will be picking up NWN2 today to play through with 2 other friends.

schild
Administrator

Reply #25 on: November 10, 2006, 04:56:11 AM

Somehow I don't think NWN2 is gonna do more for you than TQ.

Get some consoles.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: November 10, 2006, 05:49:45 AM

It's the playing through with friends that's important.

And again, for the umpeenth time :  I have some consoles.  I just don't play them.  I enjoy teh social.

schild
Administrator

Reply #27 on: November 10, 2006, 05:52:06 AM

There's a lot of good arguments for wanting to play on a PC instead of a console, but "teh social" isn't one of them.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: November 10, 2006, 05:59:12 AM

Um.

I'm buying NWN2 so that 4 people in different geographical locations in Glasgow can play together when their respective children are asleep.

Refuting that last post was fucking easy.

schild
Administrator

Reply #29 on: November 10, 2006, 06:03:15 AM

Kids are asleep.

See, there's the answer. Not because NWN2 is fun. :P
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: November 10, 2006, 06:18:06 AM

I'm not sure I understand.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #31 on: November 10, 2006, 07:18:39 AM

He's saying you might as well be playing Hearts Online as NWN2.  I think.  I happen to get what you are saying.  My consoles are not connected to the Intertron... although that will change on Nov 19.

My problem is that my RL friend that is a gamer (Killjoy) is currently doing the WoW-raid thing.  Another is basically just peeing his pants waiting for Rainbow Six on 360, which really doesn't help me at all.

My console gaming partner is my wife.  Just like she's my driving partner when I'm behind the wheel of a car.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: November 10, 2006, 07:59:41 AM

Hearts is on the PC.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #33 on: November 10, 2006, 08:25:55 AM

I know, we are agreeing.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: November 10, 2006, 08:28:06 AM

Perhaps you are, but that's not what Schild is saying.  He's saying that I need a console to be social.  I don't get that.  At all.

Unless they've released controllers that can extend 18 miles down the road.

The UK - You remember, Third World Country in terms of Teh 'Net ?

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Titan Quest  |  Topic: What A Deeply Unfunny Game.  
Jump to: