Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:42:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Post-wipe Crafting Professions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Post-wipe Crafting Professions  (Read 3387 times)
WayAbvPar

on: October 27, 2006, 03:20:51 PM

Tell me what you can make, and what you need.

I am crafting as an armsman. I will need wood bits of some kind eventually. I am collecting light hides for whoever is going down that path as well.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 06:51:33 PM

What's good for a guardian?  Something something and cook?
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 10:09:06 PM

Trippy is a Woodsman (Woodworker, Forester, Farmer).
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 06:11:49 AM

Oh right... crafting.  God I hate the way they force you to take something you don't want.  I might just ignore crafting totally.  Not sure.  I would do it, if I could choose my own three or if the three they choose for you made any sense at all.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 03:27:24 PM

What I want to do is farm and cook, but I can't, right?

I can gather crap but not make anything with it, iirc.  Or I can make stuff I can't use.  I think.

Hopefully a rework of crafting is coming in.

I want to cook, I think.  Consumables are always good.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 05:33:38 PM

What I want to do is farm and cook, but I can't, right?

I can gather crap but not make anything with it, iirc.  Or I can make stuff I can't use.  I think.

Hopefully a rework of crafting is coming in.

I want to cook, I think.  Consumables are always good.
There's probably a profession that will let you do that -- they aren't all interdependent. E.g. as a Woodsman I can harvest wood and make bows with that wood. However, the new areas seems to be poorly itemized in terms of resources. I haven't seen any Copper yet in the Dwarf area and I haven't seen a farm yet either, though I haven't really looked for one. So trying to be an Elf/Dwarf farmer/cook may be an issue unless you hoof it to Hobbit or Human lands.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 05:07:13 AM

Even if there was a way you could buy the bits you need at a vendor or provisioner, I'd be happy.  An auction house where people could sell bits would make me happier still.  I just don't want to have to search around for a actualy player to provide me with leather or a rock or something.  The best scenerio would be, of course, that you could pick your three types of crafting yourself.  The way they make you choose a pre-set group makes no sense to me at all.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
WayAbvPar

Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 10:00:24 AM

My new character (Kelleen) is a woodsman. Or a WoodsfemaleMan. Or whatever. She chops trees, makes bows and leather, and can farm? Strange combo, that. I would think that making leather armor would fit better than farming...

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Post-wipe Crafting Professions  
Jump to: