Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 10:25:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: AGC Interview with GoPets! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AGC Interview with GoPets!  (Read 3581 times)
ForumBot 0.8 beta
Terracotta Army

on: October 23, 2006, 04:31:21 AM

AGC Interview with GoPets!

On the last day of AGC, we sat down with the folks at GoPets. This interview would have been out a while ago if it weren't for some memory card issues. But they're resolved and here it is. We recorded it in the convention hall and it was entirely impromptu, with only a couple parts dropping out to background noise. Now, a lot of you are probably wondering what an interview with GoPets is doing on F13. Yes, it's a little different. But it's a peek into a sector of the industry that tends to be ignored by the serious folk. Also, because of its casual nature and being recorded at a table in the exhibition hall, the interview goes all over the place. So, as much as I could make out, you get. Also, I've played a bit of GoPets and talked to people who have played GoPets, and while it's not for me, it is entirely something worth checking out. One of those "different" things! My thanks go out to Chris, the VP of Operations, and Priya, the PR Manager, who withstood my endless barrage of questions they've probably answered a thousand times.

» Read More
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 10:43:44 AM

Definately highlights how RMT can be a positive thing.  I love the premium collector item scheme.

"Me am play gods"
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 06:35:41 AM

Key comments (to me):
Quote from: GoPets
It is, it means you have something that is in high demand. In the case of WoW or any of these other games, if you’re going to base anything on time – requiring a time commitment – there’s always going to be somebody in the world who’s time is less valuable than mine

There weren’t levels originally. What we found was that users were getting too confused. If you have lots of functions in your game, whether it’s a fantasy MMO or anything else and you just put a person there and say here are all your options, they just sit there.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: AGC Interview with GoPets!  
Jump to: