Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:24:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Character Wipe 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Character Wipe  (Read 20706 times)
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: October 28, 2006, 05:09:33 PM

I now have two full bags and am halfway to level 3 due to restarting the tutorial.  It's pretty bugged.

Le sigh.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #36 on: October 28, 2006, 05:50:44 PM

It's a lot harder to play a Guardian at low levels now, I don't remember it being such a struggle before the changes.  It's started to pick up again now I have heavy armour though, a couple of lucky magic weapon drops helped as well.  If you see a signature mob around your level, kill it for a good chance of a decent drop, they look like elites but it's possible to solo one at about the same level.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #37 on: October 28, 2006, 05:57:07 PM

I now have two full bags and am halfway to level 3 due to restarting the tutorial.  It's pretty bugged.

Le sigh.
The forum has some workarounds. I don't know why Turbine hasn't patched that yet.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #38 on: October 28, 2006, 06:02:04 PM

Board ate my post on this.

I got through it by standing to the right of the gate where the troll is, making sure I'm not in line of sight, and making sure I had no NPC's selected. After the stun, for some reason, you recover if you're in this spot. I hear its not an exact science.

Edit: Aparently, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I presume I was lucky. If you are dead set on playin an elf, like I am, just log out for 5 min and try again.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 11:45:32 PM by Engels »

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: October 28, 2006, 08:02:15 PM

I can't even get the troll to break down the door - I've only had him do that once.. and then Elrond and the troll stared at each other for 5 mins.

- Viin
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #40 on: October 29, 2006, 05:03:14 AM

I was level 3 and had 10 silver worth of items before I got out of the elf newbie instance.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #41 on: October 29, 2006, 06:38:59 AM

!

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #42 on: October 29, 2006, 07:41:42 AM

Well, most of the items are from the dead bloke who's body you have to rob.  The first several times, I didn't even realise I still had those items on me.  I'm not great at noticing things.  Then, of course, I killed those 5 mobs so many times.  Then, I would get stuck at the HUGE monster gate where either he couldn't knock it down or he would have a staring contest like Viin said, while I swayed, dumbfounded.  I did bug the item thingy, but not sure it matters much.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: October 29, 2006, 10:26:51 AM

I was able to get through the Elven tutorial instance by following these instructions from the forums:

After your quest guy runs to the troll attacked gate and gets there go down the path after him, but don't pass the bushes that you see on your left next to the building.(Your proximity would triggers gate crash too early if you got to close)
Watch the troll swings and time it so you run up and are between the 2 npcs as he pulls back for another swing, giving you time to get to the gate.
Just stand there and all should be fine. - Reannna

Does anyone know how to enter the default channels? I closed them not knowing that turning off the filter for them on the General tab actually kicks you from the channel.. I just wanted OOC and stuff on a different tab but now I can't get to those channels at all.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 10:28:35 AM by Viin »

- Viin
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #44 on: October 29, 2006, 11:04:40 AM

I think you just reselect them again. I did the same in the General tab for OOC, kicking me out. I just selected them again, and I rejoined them just fine.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: October 29, 2006, 01:11:11 PM

I think you just reselect them again. I did the same in the General tab for OOC, kicking me out. I just selected them again, and I rejoined them just fine.

I thought I had tried that, but maybe I need to relog after selecting them again.. last time I tried I reselect but never got the 'joined channel' message and doing /ooc says you aren't on any ooc channel. Its silly it's required to be on, on the general tab, anyways. What if I don't want it there? :P

- Viin
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #46 on: October 29, 2006, 03:15:41 PM

As a Level 18 Guardian I can't fight for shit, just died to 3 level 14 mobs.  It wasn't bad luck, I wasn't unprepared, three level 12's are difficult, the level 14's just kicked my arse.

It might improve in a few levels but I wonder if the Turbine curse is starting to take effect.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #47 on: October 29, 2006, 04:12:28 PM

I don't know!  Guardian used to be pretty soloable last build. 

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: October 30, 2006, 12:36:32 PM

I've worked up my fortitude to attempt the elf again. 

Halfway to level 3, 2 full bags, going to try to get out of the tutorial zone.

Man!  This is a hard tutorial!
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: October 30, 2006, 01:12:42 PM

Now level 3, have 3 full bags and a title, I've tried everything people have suggested.  Still can't get past the ogre/gate bug.

Not only that, but some dildo is saying that I am just trying to stir up trouble and purposefully doing it wrong just to cause trouble.  Because he told me EXACTLY how to do it, and I haven't yet.  So it's my fault!

Fuck it.  I'm done for the day.  I thought WoW had a shitty playerbase, but I'll take 1337 d00ds over fucktard fanbois any day of the week.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #50 on: October 30, 2006, 02:23:34 PM

Fucktard's name is Aeguil.  We should all put him on ignore for picking on our Xanthippe.  If it gives a message, it'll drive him nuts trying to figure out why so many people hate him.  Hopefully.

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #51 on: October 30, 2006, 02:57:07 PM

Guardian skill Sting costs 44 power gives base damage +3
Guardian skill Vexing blow costs 14 power gives base damage +11

I don't think they have a clue what the fuck they are doing with the Guardian.

At level 18 I killed a level 23 Orc and got about 60 xp points but if I get agro from two level 13 mobs at the same time, it weakens me so much I have to rest, three level 13 mobs might well kill me.  A level 13 mobs gives about 5 xp.

At level 19 most quests around my level now require a fellowship, though few people group.  So I think sod it, join a group and then listen to some numpty talking about boiling water, making noodles and "I'm so hungry lol".  I just want to shoot people.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #52 on: October 31, 2006, 04:00:49 PM

Now level 3, have 3 full bags and a title, I've tried everything people have suggested.  Still can't get past the ogre/gate bug.

Not only that, but some dildo is saying that I am just trying to stir up trouble and purposefully doing it wrong just to cause trouble.  Because he told me EXACTLY how to do it, and I haven't yet.  So it's my fault!

Fuck it.  I'm done for the day.  I thought WoW had a shitty playerbase, but I'll take 1337 d00ds over fucktard fanbois any day of the week.

Hotfix tomorrow.

http://beta.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=78968#post78968

The Arwen server will be unavailable from 10am until 2pm EST on Wednesday, November 1st as we publish an update to fix the bug in the Elven starter experience.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: October 31, 2006, 04:26:38 PM

Oh goodie.

I started a dwarf (Gidget) but something about playing a male-looking toon just bothers me!  I don't see how you manginas can stand the genderbending.

I like Xanthippe the elf.  I want to play Xanthippe the elf. 
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #54 on: October 31, 2006, 04:37:13 PM

I started a dwarf (Gidget) but something about playing a male-looking toon just bothers me!  I don't see how you manginas can stand the genderbending.
We're broken like that.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #55 on: October 31, 2006, 04:43:01 PM

My dwarf is named Bertha.  I'm going to pester Calladryl into giving her boobies.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: October 31, 2006, 04:47:51 PM

I would be happy with Gidget, beard and all, if she had boobies. 
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #57 on: October 31, 2006, 04:49:25 PM

I know.  I can't play male characters either.  They just feel off balance.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #58 on: October 31, 2006, 05:11:29 PM

boobies are wierd in this game. its as if the gals are all flat-chested so they stuffed hamburgers into their bras. horizontally aligned hamburgers, with an ever so slight tilt.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: November 02, 2006, 07:35:23 AM

Got my elf guardian Xanthippe out of the tutorial. 

At level 4, fighting level 2 mobs, shouldn't they be a little easier?  I had enough stuff to sell that I could upgrade all my armor with the best available from merchants.

Trying to feel more motivated toward logging in, but am struggling with motivating.  The combat seems slow or something.   More like slogging than fighting.  Reminds me of EQ2 fighting more than it reminds me of CoX or WoW fighting.  Which is a bad thing.

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #60 on: November 02, 2006, 11:11:57 AM

Try a champion, Guardians are not fun pre 20 imho, too weak, die too fast, they pick up again after 20.

A lot of it is to do with the new stupid to hit and damage bonus that lower level mobs get when attacking a higher level player character.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: November 02, 2006, 01:42:18 PM

A lot of it is to do with the new stupid to hit and damage bonus that lower level mobs get when attacking a higher level player character.

I can't imagine why anyone would think that is a good thing to do.  WTF?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #62 on: November 02, 2006, 03:44:52 PM

I'm glad I made it through the Elf starter instance with something that I don't mind playing.  I can't imagine trying to get through it again.  At the moment, I'm having good fun with FFXII, anyway.  I'm sure I'll be fiddling with lotro again sometime soon... I flit often.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #63 on: November 06, 2006, 03:14:18 AM

The posts in this thread make me not want to bother logging in again.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #64 on: November 06, 2006, 09:32:45 AM

Me too, oddly enough, even though I didn't have any problems at all with the snow troll.  Then again, this is what happens whenever I read forums for pretty much any MOG.  Thanks, complainers, for ruining my fun!

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
WayAbvPar

Reply #65 on: November 06, 2006, 09:51:16 AM

I am actually having a bit of fun with my guardian. I started up a Hunter as well and got her to level 3. Hunters seem sort of gimpy early on. Anyone play one to higher levels?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #66 on: November 06, 2006, 09:55:39 AM

If FFXII ever starts sucking, I'll give this another go.  Right now my time is just stretched to thin to play multiple games.  (My irrigation system got broken by a shitty landscaper (he won't fix it, dick), I've got an hour talk to give to a technical conference, tennis, wife, work overload.. I NEED A CLONE).

-Rasix
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #67 on: November 06, 2006, 10:20:07 AM

I know... me, too.  FFXII is seriously not sucking. 

Please don't clone yourself!  PLEASE!

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #68 on: November 06, 2006, 04:35:57 PM

I am actually having a bit of fun with my guardian. I started up a Hunter as well and got her to level 3. Hunters seem sort of gimpy early on. Anyone play one to higher levels?
Yeah Hunters do start off a bit weak but grow to become single target killing machines of doom. Unfortunately taking on more than one at a time is problematic because it's way too easy to interrupt your incredibly long bow firing animation. In contrast Minstrels get insta-cast DD spells nearly comparable to the Hunters specal bow attacks *and* can fire them off on the move. With Hunters there's a delay even after you stop moving before you can fire your bow and you can't move if you want to use some of the better skills.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #69 on: November 06, 2006, 04:54:12 PM

I'm enjoying it still, Guardian is a lot better post 20, they have said they intend to buff the Guardians damage output soon which is good as an Elite at -5 levels is death 50% of the time.  They buffed lower level mobs to make them a challenge, I think that's stupid but whatever, it does make lower level quests more difficult which I don't mind, but it forces you to group for the majority of the fellowship quests, even if they are well below you in levels, which I do mind.  

So as usual my main complaint with this type of game is the players.  

Every group I have joined recently insists on picking a player for each colour in an ideal conjunction chain they want to achieve.  Despite the fact that you know at least half of the group will have the reaction speed of heavy drug users.  So instead of using common sense and picking green when we need healed, blue for when we need mana, red for damage and yellow when feeling funky, a complex red blue yellow green order is chosen.  I have never even seen half of one of these complex chains complete, so immediately after the failed conjunction Mr "I'm in charge" starts bitching about colour choice again.  This is compared to one group I was in a week ago, when everyone picked whatever they liked and no surprise, most of the time we just hit 6 reds and watched some mob get stomped into the ground.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Character Wipe  
Jump to: