Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:12:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Crafting 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crafting  (Read 2599 times)
Trouble
Terracotta Army

on: October 18, 2006, 10:07:04 PM

I've never played EQ2 but I have heard good things about the crafting in the game. I play WoW now as a hardcore raider but the crafting system in WoW is a joke. I've been jonesin for a long time for something with a decent crafting system that could be my focus of gameplay. I've played Eve and wasn't really all that impressed. I played ATITD but I've pretty much played it to death at this point and have difficulty deriving any fun out of it.

My question is: is the crafting in EQ2 deep enough to provide a decent fix for someone who enjoys crafting over an extended period of time (few months)?
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 12:25:05 AM

My question is: is the crafting in EQ2 deep enough to provide a decent fix for someone who enjoys crafting over an extended period of time (few months)?

No.

If you want crafting depth, I recommend playing A Tale in the Desert.  EQ2 is more about harvesting and hitting a button when prompted.  I have 4 different crafters over level 50 in EQ2 and after about the first few hours of crafting you get a real taste for how uninspired their system is. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Trouble
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 10:12:55 AM

I read up on the crafting in EQ2. I guess while the original vision may have lead to a good system, they ended up gutting it, probably in response to WoW.

I've played ATITD more than I care to say, been up and down the tech tree a couple times. It's a great game and can last for a while, but at some point the feeling of purpose is lost. There's no compelling overarching goals that give purpose to making all the stuff, though it is fun to make a lot of it (for a while). I guess that's why I'm where I'm at. I've seen what a great crafting system can be and I'm looking for another, different one. But I haven't been able to find anything even remotely close.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 12:58:15 PM

You might have actually liked the old EQ2 system with all the subcombines. The new system gives you a finished product from raw components. Making food and drink (Provisioner) would probably be the most fun for you since at least there is a market for it and the recipes are entertaining (cinnamon batwing crunchies!).

However, you cannot just jump into the game and start crafting. You will need to spend gain adventure levels so you can harvest OR have a friend give you a few plat so you can buy raw components from players which is 99% of the time economically feasible.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 01:00:17 PM by shiznitz »

I have never played WoW.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Crafting  
Jump to: